2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by ShadowDimentio » #451091

Bottom post of the previous page:

DemonFiren wrote:Hold on.
The "voting public" was split pretty much 50-50 on this, so there is no commitment.
Even if there was, there's no reason to cling to a decision if the facts that decision was based on have changed - Brexit seems to be looking more and more foolish to more and more Brits.
As far as I'm concerned I'd count those as laughing stock who stubbornly refuse to re-examine the situation in spite of altered circumstances.

I mean, just so I'm not getting you wrong, did you seriously just accuse an entire nation's populace of taking a moment to contemplate whether the ship they're on might end up sinking after all?
>Looks more and more foolish

Says the German who has everything to lose when the EU collapses

And what altered circumstances? The only thing that's happened so far is May doing a 180 out of nowhere and deliberately sabotaging the negotiations, so much so that UKIP is having to resurrect themselves so that there's the slightest chance she doesn't fuck things up further.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #451156

UKIP is basically a protest & political pressure party, its aligned with the public's opinions on leaving the EU but really shouldn't be a representative for government.

I've said it once and i'll say it again, Liberal democrats should reform into a right wing party to properly represent a counterbalance to how soft Labour & Tories have become rather than rely on UKIP with no long term goals or feasable ability in government past a set point.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #451161

FantasticFwoosh wrote:its aligned with the public's opinions on leaving the EU but really shouldn't be a representative for government.
[referendum needed]
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #451176

FantasticFwoosh wrote:UKIP is basically a protest & political pressure party, its aligned with the public's opinions on leaving the EU but really shouldn't be a representative for government.
Well thanks to our fucked up election system it is all but impossible for a third party to have chance at representing the government, the best UKIP can do is act as the public's pressure.
I've said it once and i'll say it again, Liberal democrats should reform into a right wing party to properly represent a counterbalance to how soft Labour & Tories have become rather than rely on UKIP with no long term goals or feasable ability in government past a set point.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wait you're serious... are you medically retarded?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #451195

First Past The Post is a toxic form of voting system that will always naturally boil away to a two party system. But nobody will change the system, as the only people who can have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing so.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #451208

Malkevin wrote:Oh wait you're serious... are you medically retarded?
fwooshposts are almost as dumb as shadowposts
but while shadowmemes has shadowdementia fwoosh actually is medically retarded

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #451272

> German scoff at thought of right wing party seizing power legitimately voted for by its citizens after period of austerity and politicdrama.

Try reading the wikipedia page of your own history.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #451281

no, you dingus, I'm scoffing at your posts in general
that "fantastic fwoosh" must be the sound of air filling the vacuum between your ears

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #451314

DemonFiren wrote:no, you dingus, I'm scoffing at your posts in general
that "fantastic fwoosh" must be the sound of air filling the vacuum between your ears
damn that's a good one
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #451321

I agree with rustledjimm
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #451510

Im not going to entertain that. Have this respective picture instead.

Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #451511

it's another "look at how much land voted for it" episode
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #451514

for comparison, its the English heartland + the great lakes/new lake district vs scotland and uh polynesia?

Here's for comparison, Native Americans who voted for the declaration of independence versus those who didn't (spoiler, native Americans had no say in any of it and have been shat on continually ever since)

We only own the top bit of ireland so its no suprise that one side will vote evenly against the other since that's basically them all the while.

Spoiler:
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #451545

I wouldn't mind independence if that's what you're offering.

let Remain and Leave regions split off and form their own countries and we'll see who does better. The Remain lot get to stay in the Eu and the Leave don't
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #451557

Rustledjimm wrote:I wouldn't mind independence if that's what you're offering.

let Remain and Leave regions split off and form their own countries and we'll see who does better. The Remain lot get to stay in the Eu and the Leave don't
Toyko has a higher population density rate than the whole of Japan because the core ideology is that you always end up drifting towards Tokyo to work, you could say London is the same but London is not Japan culturally or in political policy, so in doing anything itself would cease itself legally & literally from being British (a notion you can abandon taking that course of action) as you know it.

It would be more like how Berlin used to be where a oppresive regime inside and out of the walls violently prevents the movement of goods & people creating a partition, fresh air and resources for the remainers in which to develop and cultivate with the rest of the world, wheras inside would be a crime ridden beaurocratic nightmare where parliment & all national services have collapsed and businesses are emigrating abroad while much of it remains on fire & polluted due to lack of public service works. People work all hours a week to pay landlords for a few cubic meter's of space like current situations in Asia.

Parliment would effectively collapse because it has too few seats to function; demographically it would be the first loss of monoethnic majority in the Western world.

Its a very silly notion because even if outside in Leaver-land its a backward & economically broke nation state there's going to be less of a significant loss of life regarding the national service systems that were implemented to keep the entire country alive for what is essentially a pub bet.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #451559

The few brits I know agree
Quarantine London to stop the plague from spreading. Let in only enough supplies to allow survival and slowly begin reclaiming land from that mess
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #451618

Hitler had the right idea, bomb London to dust and then build over what remains
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #451630

The only good idea hitler ever had was abstaining from eating meat
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #451729

The one good thing about new years is that this thread will die.

The bad thing is that someone will probably make a new pol thread for 2019.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #451847

you can't competently do brexit because eu has all the power and no reason to make it easy for you
XSI

Post by XSI » #451850

Only because the British government has decided to give the EU all the power and basically do no negotiating of note
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #451857

CosmicScientist wrote:
Grazyn wrote:If they go through with their reforms, it will survive in name only. Why would the UK want to rejoin at that point? Considering the UK already had most of the things nationalists want to (re)introduce for everyone, like border control, monetary sovereignty and so on
BRITAIN ? ALREADY ? HAD ? BORDER ? CONTROL ? AND ? MONETARY ? SOVVRINTY ? AND ? SO ? ON.

Sorry but you're looking in a mirror... then again your nat pops are going to cause a riot of a laff if they try to return the lira.
Sorry I wasn't clear, I know very well Britain had all those things and the leave campaign lied through their teeth to make people believe the only way to stop brown people was to leave the EU, despite Britain already enjoying the most freedom over their affairs inside the union. My comment was in response to Rustled saying that the decision will be reversed and Britain will likely rejoin inside a decade. I'm saying that next year EU parliament elections will see natpops win in a landslide, which means the EU will either not survive that long, or will be heavily reformed, basically giving every state the same amount of autonomy Britain enjoyed when it was in the EU, and making the EU a "union" in name only. So rejoining wouldn't make much sense at that point.
XSI

Post by XSI » #451859

Sounds like just another day in jolly ol' Britain

I'm personally hoping the EU is just dismantled and we can get something actually reasonable going. I like international cooperation and contacts but fuck giving away national sovereignty in exchange for getting not just nothing, but the privilege of paying to get shafted by people who hate the locals
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #451863

XSI wrote:Only because the British government has decided to give the EU all the power and basically do no negotiating of note
the british have no negotiating power because you have literally nothing the EU wants or needs.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #451871

>the EU does not want the #5 largest economy

What did they mean by this?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #451902

I think they should put Darwin back on the £50 note, that'll really rustle the fems that they only get the tenner

Or actually the person they should put on is Charles Babbage, the man who invented the most important invention of the modern age: the computer.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #451930

Put Charles Babbage on the note
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #451979

CosmicScientist wrote:
leibniz wrote:>the EU does not want the #5 largest economy

What did they mean by this?
We dropped to 7th during the first sixth months after because the way economies are measured isn't particularly useful, especially when some inflate it by measuring illegal activity whilst others don't.
We're just complying with ESA 2010
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents ... 10-FAQ.pdf
Why are you including these illegal activities?
It must be stressed that this is nothing new, and in fact the changes being introduced simply reflect
improvements to methodology. The inclusion of these activities has been required since 1999
under international standards.
GDP is about measuring all economic activity. Both declared and undeclared (which includes
illegal) activities need to be taken into account in order to have a full and accurate picture of the
value of production/consumption in a given period.
Since there was a need to agree on standards on how to measure illegal activities, common
methodological guidelines have been agreed between the European Commission and the Member
States to ensure consistency between all Member States. These guidelines concern prostitution,
the production and trafficking of drugs, and alcohol and tobacco smuggling. By 22 September 2014
all Member States are required to comply with these requirements.
Italy has something like 200 billion euros in illegal activities so those new guidelines gave a nice bump to our GDP
XSI

Post by XSI » #451985

Turns out crime pays then
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #451994

I tend to disagree, criminal profits are still profits. It's economic activity produced by citizens of the country. Can't be more patriotic than that. Also keep in mind these are statistics, and stats shouldn't be ethical, they are just a cold measure of reality.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #451998

You're a financial and services economy cutting itself off from it's largest market.

Sure, the EU loses a bit of net GDP and trade, but they will survive without you, they literally don't need you at all.

You have zero negotiating power with the EU and that's why you're unable to get any deals at all.
XSI

Post by XSI » #452001

There's no competition for the EU either
The EU would be more willing to give concessions if it seemed Britain had just about anything lined up or any sort of plan on what to do

Or any sort of international support from places like Canada, the US, Australia/New Zealand, and so on
But nope, seems like there's not even a single attempt to reach out to anyone else so Britain has basically nothing they can hold against the EU
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #452002

At this point giving them concessions might actually be the humane thing to do.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #452003

Oh yes, the EU doesn't need market with a large GDP and is primarily a consumer market, nope not at all
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #452074

Honestly Alan Turing deserves to be on the fifty.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #452104

Malkevin wrote:Oh yes, the EU doesn't need market with a large GDP and is primarily a consumer market, nope not at all
I mean hey, if you repeat it enough it might actually come true right
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #452110

Rustledjimm wrote:Honestly Alan Turing deserves to be on the fifty.
White gay men are not diverse enough did you miss the memo?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #452238

How dare you remind us of a national tragedy we are directly responsible for?- The Upper Class Twats
XSI

Post by XSI » #452250

Who really gives a shit?
That's some people having a party and burning something, making fun of a tragedy. But so what?

Some people are dicks. Big deal. They weren't hurting anyone, they're just laughing amongst themselves
Is it illegal to have the wrong opinion in Britain? Or to have a party in your own backyard?
What is the rationale here? Why would anyone give a shit what they did on their own property?
Last edited by XSI on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #452251

But wait why is this a crime?

Maybe you can get them on disturbing the peace or an unlawful burn, but the way this is written up is as if they got caught lighting puppies on fire or something
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #452257

The holiday is literally about burning shit to celebrate a terrorist grtting killed
XSI

Post by XSI » #452274

People are idiots
A consistent thing throughout all of history and all cultures
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #452277

Up to a 2 year imprisonment over something that does literally no harm to anyone

Good job?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #452278

XSI wrote: Is it illegal to have the wrong opinion in Britain?
Yes
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #452310

Shouldnt have gone to court or the media at all
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #452346

Takeguru wrote:Shouldnt have gone to court or the media at all
Maybe not in Britain, but as German I'm having a hard time feeling even a hint of sympathy.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #452377

RE: Being asked regarding Scotland's veto in the Brexit appeal.

The Scottish government has no such power as all powers divested to it are done so at the discretion of Westminster. If Scotland tried to kick up too much of a fuss Westminster could just revoke all powers and dissolve the Scottish Government in a moments notice without any consultation.

This is why we want independence.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #452378

That makes a whole lot of sense for wanting independence
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #452399

CosmicScientist wrote:How did nazi hitler dog salute finish? £100 fine after being dragged through the courts and media for... a year?
He got fined, but he has refused to pay it.

So far I don't think the Scottish CPS has made their next move.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #452412

Rustledjimm wrote:RE: Being asked regarding Scotland's veto in the Brexit appeal.

The Scottish government has no such power as all powers divested to it are done so at the discretion of Westminster. If Scotland tried to kick up too much of a fuss Westminster could just revoke all powers and dissolve the Scottish Government in a moments notice without any consultation.

This is why we want independence.
Perhaps you should think why the devolved scottish parliment may be doing a shit job to enter the collective conciousness despite having local representative politicians of its own (i can't even name one, can you?), and different policies & approaches to aspects such as child & healthcare over the border. Maybe you're dissillusioned simply because none of the policies have affected you because the said government hasn't moved to embrace anything you care about or makes your town, county or city better. Just a handful of thoughts.

I could go on whilst you're screaming "We want independence because we fear our government (*) will be knocked down" but that's just how its meant to be because its a union of countries intertwined into a whole body which the central core of government could handle all themselves at immense extra cost to actively meddle with your lives but instead entrusted it to local representatives that are supposed to represent YOU.
  • its not a government its basically a council that also sit as constituents in parliment whether they actually decide or abstain from political action or not.
If you want different standards just vote for your most relevant like the rest of the country instead of trying to suck poison out of a snakebite, scotland plays as much a vote for determining political outcomes as Wales or Ireland, oust the tories and vote for someone else to run your area if you dont like them; promoting better candidates. Anger towards the government i feel without proper palpable fault is just ignorance of how the political machine works and how it feeds back to you not touching the controls or focusing on some other ulterior objective whether its your own or someone else entirely.
  • As the tories found out in the Brexit referendum as well as other political groups over time, calling your voters stupid does not encourage people to vote and is a gross misuse of trying to explain the point on how many people do not use their own political power within democracies, unless of course said population have become so beaten and used to ineffectual politicians that they don't inwardly believe in themselves to have self worth & promote change.
SNP propaganda and groups are no different to UKIP's scandalous bustups (didn't call itself the English National Party because it has no interest) or the DUP's ultra catholic conservitism with five minutes of fame by plugging in on hot political issues.

Spoiler:
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #453003

Fwoosh how do you manage to type such nonesense.

Please I love it when people who have never lived in Scotland tell me how shit our country and politicians are despite the fact we keep voting them in because we like them. Keep doing so. It only fuels independence this side of the border.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler: