Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Nilons » #452226

Bottom post of the previous page:

Lawyers asking for anything and dets asking for weapons are cancer, if you wanna play security officer set it to high in your job preferences
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #452253

DemonFiren wrote:
confused rock wrote:When detectives and lawyers ask for shit roundstart as warden and I have the nerve to say no
How dare I not give you free things? If the det needed a sechud he’d start with one, lawyers are just assistants with brig access fuck off no pepperspray for you. No means no, asking nicely when you feel you’re owed something for being polite is just being rude.
>not giving the detective a sechud
hooorf if detectives were supposed to have sechuds they'd start with them and one of the worst ways to get arrested is the dicktective shooting you to crit
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #452365

Farquaar wrote:
confused rock wrote:When detectives and lawyers ask for shit roundstart as warden and I have the nerve to say no
How dare I not give you free things? If the det needed a sechud he’d start with one, lawyers are just assistants with brig access fuck off no pepperspray for you. No means no, asking nicely when you feel you’re owed something for being polite is just being rude.
Not going to defend morons who think that being rude IC will get them gear
Still, unless you're aiming to have a wanted greytider running around with the detective's revolver, it doesn't hurt to give him sechuds and a secbelt.
to be fair though there's more than a few people who've decided they're entitled to literally anything because someone gave it to them at roundstart once before and start whining up a fucking storm when you say no
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #452386

Those damn millenials ruining ss13 with their inflated sense of entitlement.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #452387

>Cracks open a can of Dr Gibb
>*big sip*
"They don't make assistants like they used to..."
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #452395

every round as sec officer i ask the warden for a laser rifle. 90% of the time i get it and use it for lighting cigarettes until something happens and i need lethals
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #453778

when I Iatejoin, go to mine, and EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PROTO-KINETIC ACCELERATOR IS GONE, INCLUDING THE ONES ON THE MINING STATION
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #453784

When you're dragging anything bulky and someone pushes it in the opposite direction down the halls instead of just budging over one tile so it's not directly in front of them any more.

When someone is close to crit and they ignore the medical borg trying to heal them/any other kind of borg offering to ferry them to medbay so they get treated faster. This one's 50/50 since borgs can be emagged/subverted, but most of the time these guy do eventually notice the borg and then proceed to say "Law 2, heal me."
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #453787

When tiders break in to get medkits instead of asking a doctor to take three seconds and sleeper them.

I get that you dont want some antag doc to morphine you but most docs are there to help you friend.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #453789

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:When tiders break in to get medkits instead of asking a doctor to take three seconds and sleeper them.

I get that you dont want some antag doc to morphine you but most docs are there to help you friend.
WHen a doctor takes forever to get to you and then ODs you on bicard/tricord
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #453795

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:When tiders break in to get medkits instead of asking a doctor to take three seconds and sleeper them.

Why don't we just make it so that only doctors and above can correctly apply patches without chance of injury. Wait no this is a bad idea for medium to low rp aaa
► Show Spoiler
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #453803

why don't
Hear me out
why don't doctors just use sleepers in 3 seconds then instead of leaving me in the sleeper for 15 minutes and making me wonder if they're waiting for morphine to kick in or what

Doctor's only job is to heal people and 99% the time it seems like doctors are angry at you for giving them work and want to get it over with as hastily as possible.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #453810

[quote="confused rock"]why don't
Hear me out
why don't doctors just use sleepers in 3 seconds then instead of leaving me in the sleeper for 15 minutes and making me wonder if they're waiting for morphine to kick in or what

Doctor's only job is to heal people and 99% the time it seems like doctors are angry at you for giving them work and want to get it over with as hastily as possible.[/quote

Treating patients should be quick, find the issue, inject the chems. Only time its slightly longer is if you need to do surgery, give them blood, or make a chem you need to heal them with.

I don't think its generally done hastily because the doctors are angry with you, docs just have to prioritize healing/reviving people and often have alot of other things to juggle. Any doctor that takes more than 10 seconds to heal you in a sleeper, without any substantial chaos going on, is not a good doctor.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #453914

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:
confused rock wrote:why don't
Hear me out

Doctor's only job is to heal people and 99% the time it seems like doctors are angry at you for giving them work and want to get it over with as hastily as possible.[/quote

Treating patients should be quick, find the issue, inject the chems. Only time its slightly longer is if you need to do surgery, give them blood, or make a chem you need to heal them with.

I don't think its generally done hastily because the doctors are angry with you, docs just have to prioritize healing/reviving people and often have alot of other things to juggle. Any doctor that takes more than 10 seconds to heal you in a sleeper, without any substantial chaos going on, is not a good doctor.

oooooooooorrrrrrrrr we have seen you acting like a shitter and take our time with you as a result. Ask nicely and I will bend over backwards to help you out quickly. I absolutely love doing surgery and upgrades for people when they ask.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #453922

anyone breaking into storage outside of emergency situations is getting morphined and straight-jacketed, I don't care if you had bad experiences with other doctors in previous rounds

In the past I had people actually pull away from me dragging them to a sleeper to go break into storage
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #453940

>Be a PAI
>Get fireaxed by a regular crewmember
>Get tossed out into space for no reason
>Can't do shit because I'm effectively a valid ghost role I guess.

Give people the ability to do shitty things with no consequences. They will.
► Show Spoiler
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #453957

pAI holoforms have space movement last I checked
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #453959

Anonmare wrote:pAI holoforms have space movement last I checked
Yeah they do. But it kinda sucks to get chucked across a z-level or two at hyper speed. While you have to slowly walk back to the station.
► Show Spoiler
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #454119

I'll hold still when reed glover isn't the only doctor who plays doctor to heal people, it isn't my fault a doctor is directly outclassed by a miner with a survival pen and a legion core.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #454138

confused rock wrote:I'll hold still when reed glover isn't the only doctor who plays doctor to heal people, it isn't my fault a doctor is directly outclassed by a miner with a survival pen and a legion core.
I heal as an MD
Therefore, Reed isn’t the only doctor that heals people
Now you must hold still forever, or forever lose your honour
► Show Spoiler
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #454146

Got you, reed plays chemist, not doctor.
It aint that they don't heal, it's that 90% of doctors are irritated when you have problems when they should be glad to remove an appendix. They heal, but don't plan to.

tfw the highest roleplay on tg station is assistants being scared to go to the doctor
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #454180

Sec and Command players who feel the need to go the round removal route over the most trivial matters. They then usually gloat about how you're "just mad you got caught" and "a shitter", autistically missing the point. It's pathetic and with higher than 90 IQ you could find other things to do with the person that makes the experience fun and doesn't just fuck somebody else out of playing the game for an hour.
Example: Round I just had as captain a traitor tried to slip me but fucked up and got himself instead. I found a bunch of traitor shit on him including a bomb. I cuffed him in the execution room, set a timer on the bomb and threw his bag containing some of his gear in a locker, telling him if he could escape before the bomb went off he would be a free man. The dude behind the screen isn't my enemy, he's someone else just trying to have fun with the dumb space game.
There's so many interesting things you can do in this game and I cringe every time I see some virginal redshirt-main wordlessly lethaling or perma'ing somebody who's made it clear they don't intend to be a threat. SS13 isn't about winning against "the shitters" and you're only going to drive more people to greytide.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #454209

>virginal
t. normie
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #454218

Imagine being the warden and having brig explode because the bluetider decided to set a live syndibomb in the execution room
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #454221

It was a C4, it didn't even destroy the wall it was planted on lol
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #454233

Malkraz wrote:Sec and Command players who feel the need to go the round removal route over the most trivial matters. They then usually gloat about how you're "just mad you got caught" and "a shitter", autistically missing the point. It's pathetic and with higher than 90 IQ you could find other things to do with the person that makes the experience fun and doesn't just fuck somebody else out of playing the game for an hour.
Example: Round I just had as captain a traitor tried to slip me but fucked up and got himself instead. I found a bunch of traitor shit on him including a bomb. I cuffed him in the execution room, set a timer on the bomb and threw his bag containing some of his gear in a locker, telling him if he could escape before the bomb went off he would be a free man. The dude behind the screen isn't my enemy, he's someone else just trying to have fun with the dumb space game.
There's so many interesting things you can do in this game and I cringe every time I see some virginal redshirt-main wordlessly lethaling or perma'ing somebody who's made it clear they don't intend to be a threat. SS13 isn't about winning against "the shitters" and you're only going to drive more people to greytide.

This 100 million times over! Bravo for spelling it out. The person on the other side of the screen isn't your enemy.

Except when you hear someone on discord verbally state that if board they like to just fucking wreck peoples game... /sigh
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #455089

delaron wrote:
Malkraz wrote:Sec and Command players who feel the need to go the round removal route over the most trivial matters. They then usually gloat about how you're "just mad you got caught" and "a shitter", autistically missing the point. It's pathetic and with higher than 90 IQ you could find other things to do with the person that makes the experience fun and doesn't just fuck somebody else out of playing the game for an hour.

This 100 million times over! Bravo for spelling it out. The person on the other side of the screen isn't your enemy.

Except when you hear someone on discord verbally state that if board they like to just fucking wreck peoples game... /sigh
So I instinctively processed "Malkraz" as "Malkevin", and my brain nearly melted when I read that.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #455105

When you're playing engi-borg and the AI yells at you for adding N2O to the SM.

When you get permission from both the AI and Engineering to modify the SM, and then Security thinks you're intentionally trying to delam the engine with ten minutes of pipe changes.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #455182

I should run one of my patented CO2 engines again one of these days
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #455301

Security getting bored and harassing crew because they can't get their valids on
Just L
Byond Username: Just L

Post by Just L » #461472

Borgs fucking around in the brig or letting greyshirts into the brig. At least it's a free and easy gulag for the latter.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #462561

When you're tatoring and you start using the code words in every conversation but the other traitors didn't read anything but their uplink password so they don't pick up on it
► Show Spoiler
zxaber
In-Game Admin

Post by zxaber » #462631

To be fair, trying to work with other tators is a good way to die. I've learned my lesson the hard way.
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
bandit

Post by bandit » #462724

Farquaar wrote:When you're tatoring and you start using the code words in every conversation but the other traitors didn't read anything but their uplink password so they don't pick up on it
at least the code words aren't pulled from the same list of 30 anymore

admin feedback pls
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #462783

also valid hunting captains that fancy themselves HoS and spend the round ordering SEC around and telling us to arrest people for the dumbest stuff and then giving inane sentences when we bring them in.

One round recently a captain kept telling us who was "high priority" to arrest and I'd tase/cuff the red W's, click and see a note for like "broke glass in bar" or "stole gloves" or something stupid. First few times I played along and hauled them into brig but then quit once the captain made it clear he was perfectly fine perma'ing/1000pt gulaging people for small stuff on a green shift. I just started arresting people, removing the red W and they'd somehow "escape".

it was one of the few rounds the SEC hate from the crew was actually legitimate
zero the big boy
Byond Username: Zero the big boy

Post by zero the big boy » #462926

miners who roundstart rush to get augs as the only miner creating about 20 minutes of downtime with no mats
miners who hunt megafauna and retire; mining only the things they get from following signals and making arenas
miners who don't mine as non tators you know what fuck you if you don't mine as a miner any tator would kill for a katana or memento mori or some shit like that why aren't you mining
miners
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #462947

Why giving 3 people such responsibility and the most op shit on the most isolated part of the game was a bad idea
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #462970

lavaland: a mistake
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #462972

To add to the mining issue.

>George Melons searches the jump to list for any lava-land Xenomorphs.

>Looks for a spawner nearest to it.

>Digs all the way to the ruin.

>Gets face-hugged xDDD.

>"Well we got Xenos now but that's now an ic issue because the griefer didn't directly become an antagonist so they cant be punished.

I still have grievances that this is acceptable depending who you're talking too.

Also, morphs are a non-issue because they suck HARD.
► Show Spoiler
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #463242

When you play on Terry and ahelp, no admins are on and you don't get a response even when the round ends an hour+ later.

When you try to TC trade and actually have an admin on for once and they decide to not to trade because they denied someone else a different trade the same round.

When people barge in to xenobio and demand xenoling, or just start emptying slime pens to make xenoling themselves.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #463246

In generalPeople who feel obliged to be given equipment they specifically lack roundstart cuz they shouldn’t have it
Yes, hops will give themself all access. I don’t want him in the armory, he doesn’t start with it.
Detectives would start with sechuds if they needed them. Once I caved in and gave a seemingly reasonable detective sechuds, then the next time I see him he’s wildly launchin slugs down the hallway hittin passerby.
No cargo bitch, I don’t have to give you a spare mop. You hacking into the service lathe wordlessly instead of suggesting I print one makes me want to print your head off. You’re a cargo tech, you coulda ordered your own too.

Engi sec officer steals the last pair of gloves, leaving the poor dumb engi gloveless, but sec won’t ever arrest him. It gets funny when sec asks for a (insert soammable lethal weapon here) as warden because there’s (stunnable threat here) and I say no because they’re gonna abuse it and they say “WELL DON’T EXPECT ME TO DO MY JOB IF YOU NEED HELP IN THR FUTURE” like bitch I should still expect it, I’m doing my job by not giving you a tempgun which I KNOW you’ll spam at people as if it doesn’t hurt, you do yours and protect and serve.

My favorite of all, though, is people who make rage stories cuz admins wouldn’t give them a tc trade.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #463251

People who keep ordering something that is impossible for me to accomplish or constantly re-stating it as though reality will change to allow it.
Security officers who use confiscated emags to emag cyborgs, and cyborgs who let it happen.
People forgetting armoury/toxins/engineerin/atmos/upload are restricted areas and can be denied access given probable cause
People forgetting you can't abide hurting a human a little bit to stop a lot of harm they would do down the line
People blaming you for firelock crushing caused by a fire alarm
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #463268

When there is a disease spreading and I have a cure but no one will take it and refuse to take their masks off for me to feed it to them
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
zxaber
In-Game Admin

Post by zxaber » #463346

Anonmare wrote:Security officers who use confiscated emags to emag cyborgs, and cyborgs who let it happen.
Being emagged by Sec or the Captain is fun, because they will inevitably tell me the whole crew is syndicate. So if I see a fight happen, I can roll up and stun-arm the aggressor, drag them away, and helpfully remind them not to harm syndicate agents.
bandit

Post by bandit » #465988

Anonmare wrote:People who keep ordering something that is impossible for me to accomplish or constantly re-stating it as though reality will change to allow it.
Security officers who use confiscated emags to emag cyborgs, and cyborgs who let it happen.
People forgetting armoury/toxins/engineerin/atmos/upload are restricted areas and can be denied access given probable cause
People forgetting you can't abide hurting a human a little bit to stop a lot of harm they would do down the line
People blaming you for firelock crushing caused by a fire alarm
people who think the Captain/HoS/etc's orders inherently outrank an assistant/whatever's orders to silicons, and then call you rogue when you say they don't

admin feedback pls
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #467835

When people go through the effort of publishing a book but can't be bothered to read it through once beforehand
Instead, they copy-paste the whole thing and never realize that you can only enter in a limited number of characters at a time
Thus, instead of the library being filled with garbage literature, it gets filled with incomplete garbage literature

Exhibit A
Spoiler:
doesn'tknowhowtowritebooks.png
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #467850

Farquaar wrote:When people go through the effort of publishing a book but can't be bothered to read it through once beforehand
Instead, they copy-paste the whole thing and never realize that you can only enter in a limited number of characters at a time
Thus, instead of the library being filled with garbage literature, it gets filled with incomplete garbage literature

Exhibit A
Spoiler:
doesn'tknowhowtowritebooks.png
I mean, with something like that you basically get the gist of it from just the title. The joke is that that's a book being published in the first place, not that you have to actually read the text word for word and laugh.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #467973

I prefer finished memes over malformed memes that died in childbirth
► Show Spoiler
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #470027

people who aggro grab someone and throw them against an airlock instead of asking them, like a decent person, to open it
so basically, people who play this as a singleplayer game. i hate all of you and i hope you stub your toe
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #470073

asking someone to be let out repeatedly and them finally taking 10 seconds and being annoyed instead of simply grabbing them twice and opening the door at no cost to anyone
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #470087

wubli wrote:people who aggro grab someone and throw them against an airlock instead of asking them, like a decent person, to open it
so basically, people who play this as a singleplayer game. i hate all of you and i hope you stub your toe
on the flipside, i hate when i ask somebody to open a door and then they just stand there like an idiot or outright ignore me
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: