Talk about video games here
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Payday 2

Post by Saegrimr » #43609

Bottom post of the previous page:

Saegrimr wrote:Workin on that
BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #43652

If you want a really good high conceal primary the Galil from the Assault Weapons pack is fucking great.

20 conceal 45 damage, good accuracy and stability, good ammo count
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #43665

You guys could just

you know

use the Uzi like everyone else
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #43676

the uzi is shit tbh
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #43699

Yeah. Especially in concealed builds. You are almost certainly going to be using a Clarion which can spray down pretty hard at close range, you are going to want to pair it with something like a crosskill.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #43704

The uzi runs out of ammo too fast for me to care about it
Besides, I'd have to give up a shotgun to carry it, so it has to be pretty amazing for me to even consider that
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #43724

XSI wrote:The uzi runs out of ammo too fast for me to care about it
Besides, I'd have to give up a shotgun to carry it, so it has to be pretty amazing for me to even consider that
Most SMGs give up ammo really fast in exchange for the ability to clear a wave really hard, which isn't what you really take a locomotive or even a judge for. The problem is that the Uzi isn't really special, especially compared to the two other DLC weapons that come with it.
miggles

Post by miggles » #43779

i really like the skorpion
you can maintain your ammo with it pretty easily and it works well even on single fire mode
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #43840

Why did they make the default pistol the best for ammo conservation especially when ~~~ammo economy~~~ is so important in harder difficulties, that seems dumb

Also deagle > bronco but that's basically no contest
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #43855

The default pistol has really poor ammo conservation on harder difficulties because the armored enemies take more shots to kill, especially if you miss a headshot. Coupled with its very poor fire rate means that it takes an age an a half to kill someone and every missed shot dramatically increases the time it will take you to clear out enemies.

The Bernetti 9 is considered superior in every meaningful way, the lost of 16 bullets is completely insignificant because your total kill potential is much higher with the Bernetti, as it takes less shots to kill someone. This makes your starting pool larger and each bullet pick up represent more kill potential gained. Even then however the Bernetti is a risky gun to take on a DW or OK mission as you are sacrificing everything for ammo efficiency, and TTK matters a lot.

If you want a very deadly ammo efficient hand gun you will want to check out the Chimano Custom. Unlike the heavier general use pistols like the crosskill you absolutely can't use it to kill specials or clear by unloading your mag. The gun requires dedication to headshots but is extremely capable if you can consistently pop helmets.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #44150

The flash hider barrel extension for pistols got a buff.

80 damage, 16 accuracy, 21 stability. This thing fucking SLAYS everything but dozers.

Only 23 conceal for a sidearm aint that great but it still fits just fine in a dodge build alongside a Galil or FAMAS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles

Post by miggles » #44151

ugh why the fuck would they buff the ugliest pistol mod
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #44152

It doesn't make a lot of sense that it even exists. It's a flash hider off of an AR15. Nothing it does IRL would benefit a pistol at all.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #44168

An0n3 wrote:It doesn't make a lot of sense that it even exists. It's a flash hider off of an AR15. Nothing it does IRL would benefit a pistol at all.
This is the same pistol with the sight mounted on the slide.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #44169

cedarbridge wrote:
An0n3 wrote:It doesn't make a lot of sense that it even exists. It's a flash hider off of an AR15. Nothing it does IRL would benefit a pistol at all.
Don't know if serious...

It's common for pistols to have small optics like reflex sights and red-dots mounted on the slide. They usually cycle so fast that it doesn't make a difference.

See: FN-FNP, Infinity customs, some race-guns, etc.

Larger optics and scopes you're right. They'll add risers to the frame and mount it to that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #44202

An0n3 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Don't know if serious...

It's common for pistols to have small optics like reflex sights and red-dots mounted on the slide. They usually cycle so fast that it doesn't make a difference.

See: FN-FNP, Infinity customs, some race-guns, etc.

Larger optics and scopes you're right. They'll add risers to the frame and mount it to that.
And this particular arrangement would probably produce very inaccurate fire. It actually makes less sense than the flash hider.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #44456

It should hold zero fine. It's not like trying to mount an optic on an AK's dust cover or something.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
CSPAN
Byond Username: CSPAN

Post by CSPAN » #44934

It's actually much closer to a G36 muzzle break.
Player of: Jay Bodega
XSI

Post by XSI » #44948

I clicked this thread expecting a new reply about the new update stuff

But I should have seen it coming that it wasn't
Because the update stuff adds nothing that people can actually get. May as well not exist
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #44950

It will probably fund future updates.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #44959

XSI wrote:I clicked this thread expecting a new reply about the new update stuff

Because the update stuff adds nothing that people can actually get. May as well not exist
Come on good goyim, rob those banks so you can pay us 5 shekels per weapon pack.
You already spent $30 on our wonderful game, why not spent $60 for all the weapon packs?

Not sure if you'd even like sniper rifles? No sniper rifles unless you pay up $5. Think LMGs might be a waste of time? Its a shame there isn't one available by default so you can try it. $5.

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #44963

Congrats, you have found out the economics of videogames has changed over the last 10 years.
XSI

Post by XSI » #44976

Saegrimr wrote:
XSI wrote:I clicked this thread expecting a new reply about the new update stuff

Come on good goyim, rob those banks so you can pay us 5 shekels per weapon pack.
You already spent $30 on our wonderful game, why not spent $60 for all the weapon packs?

Not sure if you'd even like sniper rifles? No sniper rifles unless you pay up $5. Think LMGs might be a waste of time? Its a shame there isn't one available by default so you can try it. $5.

Actually, I'm talking about the 2 free masks(Of which one a reskin of an existing mask) and the dingdong hammer reskin which you can pick up for only 500 dollars.
But you do get some kinda attempt to turn PCs into consoles with it too, so you know. Loads of interest. Everyone plays a PC because they hate being able to upgrade it or being able to customise it

As for the DLC shit
It seriously sucks. Massive amounts of DLC to me just shows that the dev doesn't care about the game. Just about the money, which in turn makes me not want to buy it and raises my standards by a lot.
But then we already knew they didn't give a shit about Payday 2 when the only difference between the beta and full game was 2 whole heists and there's huge bugs still in it today, so it's not like it matters.
Overkill's motto appears to be "Maximum profit, minimum effort"
Last edited by XSI on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #44977

Saying they don't care about the game is pretty damn ridiculous.

Of course they want to make money, but they did a lot of things that they really didn't need to do to monetize the game, like making a full Hollywood grade cinematic for Chains, or making a female heister.

Of course some of the free stuff is intended to get people to be community members, so they can market their audience size to potential partners, but they release a bunch of content they don't strictly need to for free. And there is clearly a lot of effort going into the game.

Also, the masks are exclusive for people who own the machine. You can get the hammer for free by getting some account you will never use, just like how you could get some Halloween masks by doing some forum on the Humble Bundle.

The DLC that really bugs me isn't the exclusive weapon DLC, DLC intended for hardcore fans to give them an alternate playstyle is fine. What bugs me are the DLC packs that give overtly superior weapons such as the assault pack and courier pack, as well as the mission packs which are very deceptive. You absolutely don't need those DLCs to play on those maps and for most casual players Big Bank was just a single weapon for 5 bucks. Hotline was better because it had SMGs which you might actually use.

Also when the fuck did people start to expect betas to be some demo rather than, you know, a beta. Most games have almost no difference between beta and release.
XSI

Post by XSI » #44979

dezzmont wrote:
Also when the fuck did people start to expect betas to be some demo rather than, you know, a beta. Most games have almost no difference between beta and release.
When they said "27 heists in the full version!" and there were only 5 or 6 of the things in the beta.
But you know, people aren't supposed to expect what they're told they would get.

They later said they counted individual days as heists. Escape missions are counted as heists, and copypastes like the bank job/bank job cash/bank job gold/bank job deposit are counted separately. Pro jobs are also counted separately.

Now, over a year later, you can still only get to their release promise of 27 heists if you count all the DLC heists and even then you need to really be generous with your definition of a heist.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #44983

Wow this update is particularly bad. I thought you guys were talking about the Historical Weapon Pack.

I own all the DLC for this game. Haters gonna hate. It's the first game I'll have broken 200 hours in since Wamfram. If altogether I've spent $100 on the game + DLC and I've enjoyed ~200 of gameplay that clocks in at .50 per hour of fun.
I'm cool with that.

This update is funny because it's totally useless advertising. Nobody is going to fucking buy this alienware shit just to get two masks in a videogame. Likewise, they're giving away copies of the game for free with the system so Overkill has already been paid by Alienware for it.

The DLC's usually have a balance of strictly-better shit and goofy shit. The MG42 is really fun to use. You can build the mauser pistol and the sten to look like han solo's blaster pistol or a storm troopers blaster rifle, respectively. There's an American flag you can stab people with like a spear. Aside from the trench knife, a fucking great stabbin' knife for sneaky people, the DLC is almost entirely joke shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles

Post by miggles » #45026

wait what do the guns actually have mods specifically made to look like star wars guns
i wanna see
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #45035

It is extremely clear that Alienware just wanted to ensure they had a title packaged with the machine like most consoles do now, and was aware that PD2 was willing to whore itself out to get more cash for what appears to be an infinite development cycle.

Everyone involved is aware almost no one will buy that shit to get a mask, though they are offering it just to get a few true diehards. The hammer is interesting because it allows OK to point out that the game affecting content is free, but it also will pad alienware's userbase so as to make it more likely for their new platform to be seen as legit. It is an extremely smart marketing move as they likely got that shit as a freebie for getting PD2 packaged with their machine.

For us it just means dealing with a goofy ass weapon from time to time, which honestly existed anyway. It isn't as invasive and awful as the John Wick update and it likely will get us more free content down the road. Though unlike the John Wick DLC this likely wont be getting us a possible movie deal.
Spoiler:
For real it is suspected that Lionsgate is going to be making a PD2 movie.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #45042

>200 hours
>achievement
yeah alright grandad calm yer knackers.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45056

An0n3 wrote:Wow this update is particularly bad. I thought you guys were talking about the Historical Weapon Pack.

I own all the DLC for this game. Haters gonna hate. It's the first game I'll have broken 200 hours in since Wamfram. If altogether I've spent $100 on the game + DLC and I've enjoyed ~200 of gameplay that clocks in at .50 per hour of fun.
I'm cool with that.

This update is funny because it's totally useless advertising. Nobody is going to fucking buy this alienware shit just to get two masks in a videogame. Likewise, they're giving away copies of the game for free with the system so Overkill has already been paid by Alienware for it.

The DLC's usually have a balance of strictly-better shit and goofy shit. The MG42 is really fun to use. You can build the mauser pistol and the sten to look like han solo's blaster pistol or a storm troopers blaster rifle, respectively. There's an American flag you can stab people with like a spear. Aside from the trench knife, a fucking great stabbin' knife for sneaky people, the DLC is almost entirely joke shit.
The Nugget is a great gun too.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #45109

steam has been writing this payday 2 update to disk for fucking 10 minutes
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #45216

miggles wrote:wait what do the guns actually have mods specifically made to look like star wars guns
i wanna see
You get an achievement for making Han's blaster pistol. It's a direct star wars reference.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles

Post by miggles » #45300

oh man i love it
is the storm trooper blaster wildly inaccurate
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #45301

It's a spray and pray gun.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #45310

does the sten have the historical accurate representation where i can jury rig it so if it hits the floor it'll fire the magazine so i can be just like ww2 british soldiers and use stens as grenades??????????????????
crack is whack but smacks got your back
miggles

Post by miggles » #45319

wait was that an actual thing
that sounds fucking awesome
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #45389

With Han's pistol, you can never shoot first.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
nsos

Post by nsos » #47459

i got an alpha mauler code if someone doesnt have it
nsos

Post by nsos » #47460

2 alpha mauler codes
nsos

Post by nsos » #47461

where do i even redeem them
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #47500

what are alpha maulers
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #47511

Just put them in the steam redeem game thing like normal.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #47563

I'll have one of 'em if you're giving them away.
Spoiler:
nsos

Post by nsos » #47663

when i get home later i'll drop some in th thread

na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/payday-2-alienware-alpha-mauler-key-giveaway is where i got the keys if you guys don't want to wait
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #47665

Ew, they want me to sign up to their terrible network.
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #47732

Ricotez wrote:Ew, they want me to sign up to their terrible network.
Their terrible network has sent me 2 emails in the last 4 years and both were codes for free shit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #47791

I just used the ol' sharklasers to get my code.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #47890

cedarbridge wrote:
Ricotez wrote:Ew, they want me to sign up to their terrible network.
Their terrible network has sent me 2 emails in the last 4 years and both were codes for free shit.
Terrible, terrible network.
Spoiler:
I signed up and got a code.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #48099

I played in a game earlier tonight and everyone kept yelling AYY LMAO.

I guess if you're ever going to say that outloud it's "ELL EMM AYY OH"

Thanks digg
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles

Post by miggles » #48104

i just say "ayy luhmow"
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #48109

ayy lame-o
Spoiler: