Emergency Response Team

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Re: Emergency Response Team

Post by Spacemanspark » #48645

Bottom post of the previous page:

Steelpoint wrote:What if the Captain calls in help during a Nuke Ops/Cult/Rev round? We can put in a time limit of 20-30 minutes into a shift before they can be called but that would only go so far, what if they are called in for no good reason?
What do you mean, if they call it during Nuke Ops/ cult/ rev? That's, you know, the point of an EMERGENCY response team. It's the same on Baystation, Paradise, Unbound Travels, whatever server that has them.
If a captain calls in a team for no good reason (It happens on Paradise from time to time.), then they should either be A) Arrested by the ERT, or B) Job banned from captain. It's not that fucking hard.
Steelpoint wrote:Perhaps safeguards like a longer calling system, only letting the Captains ID being able to call the ERT
Or just using the ID swipers that are found in the Bridge. Two ID's to call the team. Perhaps one should be the captain's ID, I don't know.
:^)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #48651

Forcing us to have to create new rules and a system to police abuses of a new game function

vs.

Simple Adminbutton.

Should be pretty obvious which one is better implemented. If players want an ERT to come in they can ask centcomm from the console.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #48659

On second thought, it really should only be an admin button. Otherwise it will require rebalancing of pretty much every game type.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #53014

Ok I swear guys I'll finish this. I was toying around with a way to try and allow admins to spawn in a ERT, but I can't into code.

Once my current Wizard Ship PR is either merged or rejected, I'll get my ERT PR up and running.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #53028

Really worried about discouraging loud antagonism. Would prefer the 'station is expendable' attitude of just Deathsquad and using Space Valhalla (televised on Bar TV) to satiate ghosts.

That said, someone's already done a Deathsquad-renamed-as-ERT event dealie, so fuck it I guess.

Also I am majorly more okay with the Emergency Response Team if it's renamed Emergency Response Party.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #53033

Balut wrote:Also I am majorly more okay with the Emergency Response Team if it's renamed Emergency Response Party.
I second this motion.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #53056

Emergency Response Party is a go?
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #53085

"We need ERP!"

But yeah response teams and deathsquads and judges or whatever? Those are events, not game functionality. They distrupt the flow of the round heavily and the game is balanced around station entropy. Non-antags get weaker over time as a general rule, not stronger. Sciene and mechs kinda mess with this but security definitely gets weaker over time.
Balut

Post by Balut » #53469

Hopefully the ERP would be a non-standard thing. That is, badmins understand not to slap that button all the time, since as mentioned it goes against the general design of the game. (>implying we have a unified design)

I sorta dig the ERP as a way to shake up expectation of what'll happen - always the possibility to go off of expectation, I guess. It's also useful for those sorts of rounds where a wizard annihilates the station, but then just sits on the bridge for an hour or whatever. Granted, long rounds with lots of dead guys are what the Deathsquad button is for, but whatever.

I still say Space Valhalla is another, cooler option to alleviate ghost-boredom, though.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #54597

I finally got a PR up: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6705

Yay, more balancing is needed now.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #54766

Are those guys protected from being valid for the crew? As DS you have to gun down everyone , because PUSH, PUSH, LEL GUYZ I ROBUSTED DEATHSQID, I AM ROBUST.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #54772

The ERT are a asset recovery team sent by Nanotrasen, and are not a clandestine special operations unit akin to the Death Squad. I would assume that, unless stated otherwise in game, the ERT are not valid for the crew to kill, as the ERT are there to help.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #54773

They need to be decked out in soft cuddly gear and come off as creppily theraputic.

Their hugs also need to heal.... don't worry... everything will be ok...
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #54775

Quick overview of the ERT for those who have not/yet to look at the PR.

-----

The ERT is compromised of seven individuals. One Commander, Two Security Officers, Two Medical Officers and Two Engineering Officers.

Several unique items have been given to the ERT, alongside standard Sec/Engi/Med gear, they are:

* Military RCD: A RCD with a 200 unit charge, one for each Engi Officer.

* Adminordazine: 50 unit medipen with a admin chemical that rapidly heals a target, two for each Med Officer and one for the Commander.

* Pulse Carbine: A scaled down Pulse Rifle issued to the Security Officers. Can fire either 20 Pulse, 20 Stun or 20 Kill shots before exhausting. Can fit in a backpack.

* Pulse Pistol: Standard issue sidearm, given to all ERT members aside from the Commander. Can fire either 10 pulse, 20 stun or 20 kill rounds.

-----

Here's a map overview of the new area
Spoiler:
You'll notice the rear rooms. The upper room is the ERT Equipment Area, the lower is the Death Squad Equipment Area. Both are off limits and only admins can grant access.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #54796

There's a combat injector (or something like that) in game, which is hypospray, but more tacticool. Also I think it can take 50 units of stuff. Give medical officers that.

Also implants. Adrenalin implants, for example. Freedom implants.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #54799

I think the pulse pistol should only have 10 kill shots, but keep the 20 stuns. Otherwise it's too similar to the Carbine.
Can the pulse guns be recharged in charging points?

Other than that nice job! Looks awesome!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #54803

I'm pretty sure the Pulse Guns can be recharged, its just that due to their very large cell size that it takes a long time to recharge one.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #54805

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:There's a combat injector (or something like that) in game, which is hypospray, but more tacticool. Also I think it can take 50 units of stuff. Give medical officers that.

Also implants. Adrenalin implants, for example. Freedom implants.
I'll give the ERT Med Officers a Combat Injector of 100 units of adminordazine. 10 units of which will heal about 125 hp over time.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #54810

My recommendation would be to tone down the power level of these guys a lot. I really don't see the point of them if they're just going to be the next Ninja, something ridiculously overpowered that immediately steals focus from the round and makes admins not want to press in the first place.

With the deathsquad it's fine because their sole purpose is to end the round. But the goal of the ERT is to extend the round. That means people are going to have to actually interact with them in a manner that doesn't involve just running and/or dying. That's going to be a huge problem. One slip on a banana and now you have an assistant running around with a pulse weapon. They simply aren't going to interact well with the crew when their shit is so enticing.

The fact you're even considering using a badmin-only/debug chem as a game mechanic should tell you that you need to tone it down.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #54811

The Pulse Weapons suffer from a big disadvantage. They take forever to recharge.

They use a 20,000 cap cell, meaning its very unfeaisble to recharge one. Its a one trick pony in that once your exhasuted your firearm your in trouble. So someone stealing a Carbine from a ERT is not as crippling as it sounds, it also encourages the Officers to really look after their guns and use something less effective when they can (Stun Batons or Flashes for example). You can also put it in your backpack, so you don't have to run around with it in your hands.

The Military RCD is just a RCD but with double the matter units. In fact once you've gone below 100 units you cannot extend it back over 100 to 200 again, so after that its just a RCD.

The Adminordazine is in place because its a effective healing chemical. You only get 10 uses out of a injector though so at maximum your going to be able to heal around 10 people. Whereas a medkit can heal far more people. Its also a "overtime" healing chemical, it can take half a minute for the 10 units to process and heal a user.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #54812

But you can recharge them partially. The charge rate is the same, no?

To be honest, I agree that pulse weapons are too much. They don't need pulse mode, they have RCDs for that stuff. Give them advanced eguns or some shit like that.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #54814

It takes about seven minutes to fully recharge any Pulse weapon. Using the Pulse Carbine as a example, if you leave it to charge for one minute you'll get about three pulse shots.

I can always adjust the pulse ammo drain for the Carbine to draw enough to fire only 10 shots and not 20.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54913

At some point someone named the ERP into ERT for some reason.

Can't we go with our entirely original idea of Emergency Response Party?
Balut

Post by Balut » #54914

Cheridan wrote:My recommendation would be to tone down the power level of these guys a lot. I really don't see the point of them if they're just going to be the next Ninja, something ridiculously overpowered that immediately steals focus from the round and makes admins not want to press in the first place.

With the deathsquad it's fine because their sole purpose is to end the round. But the goal of the ERT is to extend the round. That means people are going to have to actually interact with them in a manner that doesn't involve just running and/or dying. That's going to be a huge problem. One slip on a banana and now you have an assistant running around with a pulse weapon. They simply aren't going to interact well with the crew when their shit is so enticing.

The fact you're even considering using a badmin-only/debug chem as a game mechanic should tell you that you need to tone it down.
Seconding this.

Also re-seconding a return to Emergency Response Party.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #54915

Moving this to feedback. It may not be merged just yet, but it exists so its no longer an idea.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #56171

The Emergency Response Team is finished! Its ready to get merged and is waiting approval.

Thanks to some motivation, I got a proper code system set up that lets admins spawn in ghosted players as a ERT, making it all automated.
Vigilare

Re: Emergency Response Party

Post by Vigilare » #56312

emergency response party**
Image Image Image
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #57801

Good news is that the PR was merged.

Bad news is that it was reverted four hours later.

My best guess is that I accidently overwrote the Centcom shuttle to the pre-carn update which broke it. I'll get a new PR up and running sooner or later.