Appeals which have been closed.
Bojangles
Byond Username: BONESAW_IS_READY

[Nervere] BONESAW_IS_READY - non-valid kill and vandalism misunderstanding

Post by Bojangles » #497660

Byond account and character name: BONESAW_IS_READY | Hayley Shafer

Banning admin: Nervere

Ban type (What are you banned from?): All /tg/ servers

Ban reason and length: "Detonated 3 cherrybombs on the mining station, wrecking the station and killing one other miner." | 3 Days

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-06-10 | 19:29:36 | GMT+0

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry

Your side of the story: As shaft miner, I was in base unarmed except for KA. An ashlizard player found their way in and began to attack me. I had acquired three cherrybombs from the crashed podperson ship (the player there had grown them) and intended to use them as mining charges (having not used them before, I was unaware of their potency). I panicked while being attacked and threw two of them, using the last to kamikaze. I was unable to see the extent of the damage until the smoke had cleared.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I am under the impression that the primary reason for the ban was that I allegedly killed a non-valid player and vandalised the mining base for no reason. Both of these are untrue, as I killed an ashlizard and had vandalised the mining station in a panic while being attacked. I concede that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to my use of cherrybombs, but I believe the main reasons for the ban are the result of misunderstanding. As it's a short ban (as of most recent edit, almost expired) I'm looking to get my notes cleared up to not give the impression I was being malicious, intentional griefing is something I find infuriating and I'd prefer not to be associated with the act.

Additional info: (BanID #40123) (Round ID 110285)
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: [Nervere] BONESAW_IS_READY - non-valid kill and vandalism misunderstanding

Post by Nervere » #498265

Thank you for the clarification, you are correct in assuming that my main concern was that you had been griefing, but it appears that I was mistaken. It’s still not great that you ended up killing a fellow miner, but it’s clear you panicked and didn’t mean anything malicious. Honestly, while two miner bodies ended up having to be cloned in the aftermath, one of which being yours, I’m not entirely certain how the other miner died, so it’s not great of me to just attribute it to you, even if it is likely.

I’m going to lift the ban if it’s still active, and delete the ban note. Thank you for appealing.