Hygiene Removal

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Should Hygiene be Removed

Yes
72%
No
26%
Abstain
2%

Total votes: 95

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Hygiene Removal

Post by Cobby » #501401

Bottom post of the previous page:

what rule does not going out of your department break?

There needs to be mechanical incentive to get a large portion of our players to do stuff
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #501405

Cobby wrote:what rule does not going out of your department break?

There needs to be mechanical incentive to get a large portion of our players to do stuff
Food. Dispersed materials. Mood related stuff. Not LOL HERES AN ANNOYING SPRITE GO TO THE SHOWERS FOR 5 SECONDS OR DEAL WITH IT LOL LOL LOL.

Also it’s really cool how hygiene is heading in a direction to make it even more pointless. Perhaps its a shitty feature when the only way to improve it is by making it not only do nothing, but also easy as fuck to get rid of? By the time the “improvement” PRs are done it won’t force you to leave your department anymore, so thats cool.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #501413

No you see it doesnt break a rule. But my point is the code is essentially acting like the rules to make players do stuff.

I also wouldn't call it an incentive. Its more like a penalty if they don't do such a task.

Penalty games are the worst.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #501436

wesoda25 wrote:

Food. Dispersed materials. Mood related stuff. Not LOL HERES AN ANNOYING SPRITE GO TO THE SHOWERS FOR 5 SECONDS OR DEAL WITH IT LOL LOL LOL.

Also it’s really cool how hygiene is heading in a direction to make it even more pointless. Perhaps its a shitty feature when the only way to improve it is by making it not only do nothing, but also easy as fuck to get rid of? By the time the “improvement” PRs are done it won’t force you to leave your department anymore, so thats cool.
that's what you think
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #501456

Shadowflame909 wrote:

No you see it doesnt break a rule. But my point is the code is essentially acting like the rules to make players do stuff.

I also wouldn't call it an incentive. Its more like a penalty if they don't do such a task.

Penalty games are the worst.
Then consider it a reward for avoiding combat and doing "dirty" tasks.

I look forward to the "You must leave you department ever X minutes" rule.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #501459

Bluespaced butchering to avoid getting dirty when also self-cleaning upgrade to shoes when. Because eventually, you're going to step on gibs and then you're going to get the bad stink.
► Show Spoiler