Update to rule 1.

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Update to rule 1.

Post by PKPenguin321 » #518663

Bottom post of the previous page:

Sandshark808 wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:
deedubya wrote:15 people later, we still don't have a community poll over this rule change. We had the minimum 10 that Morto asked for days ago, too.
We're currently on a stalemate with one headmin being against it and another being ok with it. This is the reason for the delay, and I apologize for it.
If it wasn't something that could happen without majority approval, why did you promise it in the first place?
Literally all headmin actions and promises work that way. I promised ban appeals and got blocked by the other two headmins. You can promise that you'll propose it to the other two headmins and support it; you cannot promise that you'll force it through, because the only person that can do that is the host.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
High Impact Dolphin
Byond Username: High Impact Dolphin

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #518665

You would think that the headmin confident in this ruling would be fine with a vote. After all, why would anyone disagree with the right choice? :|
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #518675

>Stalemate with 3 headmins

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #518676

This is like Bernie Sanders' election campaign.....
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #518679

>headmins voting on whether or not to have the poll after the pre-requisite they laid out for it has been achieved
:lol:
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #518680

Grazyn wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Grazyn wrote: OOC has discussions about stuff not pertinent to the game all the time. If someone is obviously trolling, fishing for reactions, ban him. If someone is feeding the troll by taking the bait and flaming, ban him.
Why?
Because otherwise OOC turns into flameshit general and they have to mute it anyway?
You don't trust people to have some bants for a few minutes and then continue with their game or whatever they were doing?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

High Impact Dolphin

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #518681

So we have a stalemate with three headmins... obviously Morto is in support (it's their prerequisite after all!) and another mystery headmin is against, so what's stopping the third from weighing in? It's far too convenient for this to just fall into stalemate deadlock forever (not like there should even be resistance to POLLING THEIR OWN PLAYERS).
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #518685

terranaut wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Grazyn wrote: OOC has discussions about stuff not pertinent to the game all the time. If someone is obviously trolling, fishing for reactions, ban him. If someone is feeding the troll by taking the bait and flaming, ban him.
Why?
Because otherwise OOC turns into flameshit general and they have to mute it anyway?
You don't trust people to have some bants for a few minutes and then continue with their game or whatever they were doing?
Grazyn doesn't understand what being an admin actually entails.
His authoritarian stance towards OOC speech would never work out in-game. If he actually tried to enforce it, he'd get demoted.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #518686

Nervere wrote:>headmins voting on whether or not to have the poll after the pre-requisite they laid out for it has been achieved
there's no indication that morto was speaking for the other two headadmins when they made the comment about number of people needing to weigh in.
High Impact Dolphin

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #518687

oranges wrote:
Nervere wrote:>headmins voting on whether or not to have the poll after the pre-requisite they laid out for it has been achieved
there's no indication that morto was speaking for the other two headadmins when they made the comment about number of people needing to weigh in.
MortoSasye wrote:
High Impact Dolphin wrote:Awesome news! When can we expect a poll to be up?
When enough players (around 10-15) express a desire for a poll to me.
I'd say it's in no unclear terms that we would get a poll if there was a "desire," this poll is just going through as many barriers as it can because those for the change know that the playerbase would vote against them.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #518689

terranaut wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Why?
Something curious to note is that the incident that resulted in this rule change didn't result in any disruption to the round. In fact, it's in the background of a Hippie video and he didn't even notice.

Blink and you'll miss it.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #518694

terranaut wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Why?
I always enjoy a good banter in OOC, sometime I even enjoy it more than the game itself, my post stemmed from the spanish post which stated, I quote
In a few months, when everything is worse, you will regret not having removed this rotten apple, this toxic being that with its presence alone, and with its actions, has caused so much drama and discomfort in such a short time.
So we're not talking banter here, the issue is flame and shit stirring which disrupt OOC and cause drama. We're all familiar with the concept of trolls trolling trolls, I'm saying that I trust admins to be able to tell the difference between honest OOC discussion and drama queens/kings and the trolls who pretend to fall for the bait to feed the drama. If they're able to tell it but they can't act because of a grey area in the rules, then the rules need to be updated or clarified.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518695

To clarify: The reason why there's currently a stalemate is because one of the head admins have not gave their definitive choice regarding this.

I'm still waiting for their vote since a week ago.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #518696

MortoSasye wrote:To clarify: The reason why there's currently a stalemate is because one of the head admins have not gave their definitive choice regarding this.

I'm still waiting for their vote since a week ago.
Is there a reason why you're not going with simple majority since you're 2 vs 1? What if the headmin says his vote will be decided by a server poll?
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #518702

MortoSasye wrote:
deedubya wrote:15 people later, we still don't have a community poll over this rule change. We had the minimum 10 that Morto asked for days ago, too.
We're currently on a stalemate with one headmin being against it and another being ok with it. This is the reason for the delay, and I apologize for it.
Normally, I'm on your side with things, but here's a very stupid line of reasoning from you.
You yourself mentioned that if (x) amount of people wanted a poll, you would do it.
Now, you're saying there is a stalemate of one headmin being against it, but that shouldn't matter as you have 2/3rds voting power as you yourself said you would do a poll given a condition, and another headmin is for it as well.
This seems less like,
"Oh, we have to wait for this 1/3rds voting power headmin to agree"
and more
"I'm shifting the goal post because I don't want this to actually happen."
which is backed up by the following image regarding this rule change:

EDIT: Additional clarity.
Last edited by TheMythicGhost on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #518703

Spoiler alert:
3rd headmin: i vote for whatever the community decides on
Morto: uhoh
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #518712

High Impact Dolphin wrote:So we have a stalemate with three headmins... obviously Morto is in support (it's their prerequisite after all!) and another mystery headmin is against, so what's stopping the third from weighing in? It's far too convenient for this to just fall into stalemate deadlock forever (not like there should even be resistance to POLLING THEIR OWN PLAYERS).
Bold of you to assume who is and isn't in support. Morto very specifically didn't mention names when revealing the information, and I suspect that was done for good reason.

For what it's worth though, I appreciate the transparency on why this seems to be deadlocked. Even though I think it's just more smokescreen and deflection in an attempt to let the issue blow over and have the rule change stick by default.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #518714

Iatots wrote:Spoiler alert:
3rd headmin: i vote for whatever the community decides on
Morto: uhoh
Spoiler: Morto is the headmin against it
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #518715

Darkgenerallord wrote:We could in fact always ban you for being a shit in OOC.
If this is the case, it doesn't make sense why people are deliberating over this like it's a big change to how rules are enforced. If a community vote is held and the clarification is struck from the rules page, people are still going to get banned for OOC conduct. The only difference is that the few who didn't know better wouldn't have been informed by the rules ahead of time.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #518721

IkeTG wrote:
If this is the case, it doesn't make sense why people are deliberating over this like it's a big change to how rules are enforced. If a community vote is held and the clarification is struck from the rules page, people are still going to get banned for OOC conduct. The only difference is that the few who didn't know better wouldn't have been informed by the rules ahead of time.
Yeah
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #518722

IkeTG wrote:
"Don't be a dick" is as concise as it gets. If someone reads that and go "hmm it doesn't technically say I can't do this specific thing to person" it's not someone I want on the server. And also wrapped in your reply is a big assumption, that people that will be banned for OOC conduct could have not reached critical dick mass had the rule been there. No, that is the job of the admin. Unless the offender went nuclear and doxed players or somesuch, there is a window of time where an admin can step in and explain why critical ass was achieved and try to defuse the situation.

But the other important detail that everyone ignored apparently is that the new rule broadens the scope from IC to OOC. The old version clearly limited its scope to what happens ingame, while the new version extends the reach outside the round. The administration always moderated OOC like any other chatroom I saw: no spam, don't be annoying. If people ever started salting at eachother profusely it tended to get muted until round end, and by next round things would mostly be normal again. The forums, IRC, and I assume discord all have their dedicated moderating group. Moderating IC and OOC has always been separate, with bans to one not necessarily applying to the other.

I, personally, am deliberating on this shit a lot Ike because this is an incredibly poor start from the new admininstration. They changed this because it was a campaign promise, so SOMEONE had to care beforehand. They ALSO admitted it was controversial, yet when someone suggested a poll they acted amused and joked about finding 10 individuals that cared. Turns out people cared, but turns out it doesn't matter because there was no headmin majority for this change to begin with. And if this was such a minor thing, why the resistance?

This is important. This is new blood coming in, making their own cliques (because making circlejerks is all /tg/ players are fucking good at apparently), and then when this clique starts shit with other players they start changing the server. Who are all these people going to morto complaining of harassment? Who are all these people that want harassment codified into the ruleset? Who are they being harassed by and why?
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #518725

Wanna tell me what your plan of action is when the poll results in the clarification being stricken, but people continue to get banned for OOC behavior? My entire point is that you're arguing against the clarification of how things are being enforced, not directly against how things are enforced. This will only serve to make things more confusing for everyone.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #518727

What if we stopped catering to people with mental illnesses and victim complexes. :thinking:
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
High Impact Dolphin

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #518738

deedubya wrote:
High Impact Dolphin wrote:So we have a stalemate with three headmins... obviously Morto is in support (it's their prerequisite after all!) and another mystery headmin is against, so what's stopping the third from weighing in? It's far too convenient for this to just fall into stalemate deadlock forever (not like there should even be resistance to POLLING THEIR OWN PLAYERS).
Bold of you to assume who is and isn't in support. Morto very specifically didn't mention names when revealing the information, and I suspect that was done for good reason.
I'm being sarcastic, doesn't translate well over text. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Morto was the one resisting the poll, considering that discord snip that keeps getting posted.
tinodrima7020 wrote:What if we stopped catering to people with mental illnesses and victim complexes. :thinking:
Watch out, you're starting a fight with that one! Sticky calling everyone against him a dreg was fine, but you've taken it too far now mister :x
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518751

TheMythicGhost wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:
Normally, I'm on your side with things, but here's a very stupid line of reasoning from you.
You yourself mentioned that if (x) amount of people wanted a poll, you would do it.
Now, you're saying there is a stalemate of one headmin being against it, but that shouldn't matter as you have 2/3rds voting power as you yourself said you would do a poll given a condition, and another headmin is for it as well.
This seems less like,
"Oh, we have to wait for this 1/3rds voting power headmin to agree"
and more
"I'm shifting the goal post because I don't want this to actually happen."
which is backed up by the following image regarding this rule change:

EDIT: Additional clarity.
What do you mean by 2 against 3?

I'm the headmin voting for yes, one voted no and one is MIA again and not replying to this. Don't blame me for someone being absent and refusing to reply to me regarding their vote for this and leaving us in a stalemate.

There is something also that is very important: I can't proceed with an action even if I suggested it if one of the head admins is against it. We're a team.
NSFW:
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #518753

Did you get a unanimous agreement on changing rule 1 in the first place?
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518754

CreationPro wrote:Did you get a unanimous agreement on changing rule 1 in the first place?
Yes, we don't do things like this without the other's agreement.
NSFW:
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #518755

Good thinking
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #518756

Nervere wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Why?
Grazyn doesn't understand what being an admin actually entails.
His authoritarian stance towards OOC speech would never work out in-game. If he actually tried to enforce it, he'd get demoted.
I've literally been doing this for years, including while you were headmin, and was never demoted.
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518821

We will make the poll now that the last head admin has voted with yes.
NSFW:
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #518827

MortoSasye wrote:We will make the poll now that the last head admin has voted with yes.
Awesome. Will the rule be repealed if Nays are higher than Yeas, or do you plan on counting "don't care" as approval of the rule?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #518829

wrong type of poll sandshark808
► Show Spoiler
Blurbo
Byond Username: Blurbo

Post by Blurbo » #518861

Someone is going to harass a person that wont complain and when they get harassed back they will take a screenie of that and turn it into a one sided ADMEEN BAN HEE complaint,this is how those sort of people will get rid of others they dont like and the admins will eat their shit up because they are special in whateverthefuck and are hypothetically more likely to get harassed
Blurbo
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #518891

Stupid rule change
High Impact Dolphin

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #518922

Thank you, Morto
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #518937

MortoSasye wrote:We will make the poll now that the last head admin has voted with yes.
you dont need to do that!!!!!!!!!
if you get 2/3 headmins on board with something you can go ahead and do it. likewise, if you want to do something but the other 2/3 dont want to, you cannot do it.
memorize this before one of your headmins go AWOL
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gratian
Byond Username: Pdgamer

Post by Gratian » #518938

PKPenguin321 wrote:
you dont need to do that!!!!!!!!!
if you get 2/3 headmins on board with something you can go ahead and do it. likewise, if you want to do something but the other 2/3 dont want to, you cannot do it.
memorize this before one of your headmins go AWOL
He was speaking in reference to getting 2/3 majority.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #518939

oh my bad
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518942

Sandshark808 wrote:
Awesome. Will the rule be repealed if Nays are higher than Yeas, or do you plan on counting "don't care" as approval of the rule?
Don't care means I don't care. It isn't a yes, it's meant to showcase the people that don't care about the changes in general.

If the rule has more no's than yes then we will probably work on rewording it in a more fitting way.
NSFW: