Byond Username: Prototype_dead

[AtexHoffman69] clown op

Post by prototypedead » #561298

server: seth overflow
player: Lane Big Boss
BYOND account: prototype_dead
admin: AtexHoffman69
Round ID:136771

So what happened here is I spawned as the clown op leader and simply took off my clown shoes because I was going to go stealth and didn't want people hearing the honking of my shoes giving me away. Almost ready to leave after gearing up the admin spawned in as a syndicate agent and ordered me to put my shoes back on so I did to please him but planned on just taking them off when I got to the station because I was the clown op leader and he was just an operative without access to the leaders bar. We landed on the station and I started prowling in maints looking for the disk. I removed my clown shoes and put on some normal black shoes at this point then he deletes my shoes right when I was walking over broken glass and a stepped on it taking damage. I didn't think anything about it at the time I just assumed it was a joke for me not wearing my shoes so I just get another pair of shoes but then he deletes that pair as well and I step on more glass, then he admin messages me saying if I didn't want to be a clown op I could of just said so, confused I asked him what he was talking about and that I'm looking for the nuke disk. He starts talking about how I was a clown and needed to wear my shoes then I replied asking what rule states I need to wear shoes as a clown then told him my objectives in my character notes showing him it does not say that I need to wear clown shoes but he kept deleting my shoes for the rest of the round making me take a bunch of damage and getting stunned from glass.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: clown op

Post by BeeSting12 » #561305

Which admin was this?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: clown op

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #561309

BeeSting12 wrote:Which admin was this?
He said "AtexHoffman69"
AtexHoffman
Byond Username: AtexHoffman69

Re: [AtexHoffman69] clown op

Post by AtexHoffman » #561417

Howdy.
I'll start off by saying thanks for making this complaint. Any opportunity to receive constructive feedback serves to help a person grow in wisdom and character. It can be difficult to take an objective look at your actions and determine whether you were being an asshole or not. It often takes an outside perspective. This thread ought to serve such a purpose. I hope you'll take me at my word when I say had I thought what I was doing was wrong, I wouldn't have been doing it in the first place.
Enough preamble.

Clown Ops is a meme gamemode. It's meant to be a less serious round than most others. The reason I set it for the round was to break up the string of 2+ hour extended and traitor rounds.
Initially, I sent you a headset message from Syndicate Command telling you to keep your shoes on, which seemingly went ignored. I then came in as a Syndicate Battlecruiser Captain to reiterate the last message.

The reason for all this is that I did not feel that the spirit of the Clown ops was going to be actualized by a man with a clown backpack and no-slips going around and CQCing individuals in maint. By all appearances, you wanted to play this round as if it were Nuclear Emergency, rather than the bananium coated offshoot that it is. It appeared that you made no effort to take part in the clown aspect of the role aside from not spending however many TC it would have required to buy a new backpack.
I acknowledge that antag rights are, for lack of a better word, sacred, and per Rule 4, you were free to do most anything outside of working to the detriment of your team. However, the role of an admin is not only enforcement of the rules, but also to engender a fun and enjoyable atmosphere for all players.

My only regret is not having the knowledge on hand to make your clown shoes unequippable.

Having said all this, I would like you to know that this was not a personal attack towards you, and that I harbor no ill feelings.

If nothing else, I hope that the interaction between us this round has not tarnished the reputation of the /tg/ community or administrative staff in your eyes.
The actions I made were mine alone and I take full responsibility for them, regardless of the outcome of this complaint.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [AtexHoffman69] clown op

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #562432

Atex used IC means several times to to communicate the fact that you should wear the correct shoes during clown ops. A gamemode they selected prior to round start.
Spoiler:
[2020-05-10 16:13:23.485] ADMIN: AtexHoffman69/(AtexHoffman69) set the forced secret mode as clownops.
[2020-05-10 16:19:27.940] ADMIN: AtexHoffman69/(Don Keedix) (reply to Prototype_dead/(Lane Big Boss)) "You'd better wear your shoes" (Syndicate Control Room (76, 80, 1))
[2020-05-10 16:20:06.708] SAY: AtexHoffman69/(Don Keedix) "shoeless clowns will not be toelrated" (Syndicate Control Room (70, 86, 1))
[2020-05-10 16:20:14.426] SAY: Blackdav123/(Kane Big Boss) "Who the fuck are you" (Syndicate Control Room (72, 87, 1))
[2020-05-10 16:20:24.437] SAY: AtexHoffman69/(Don Keedix) "The big cheese around here" (Syndicate Control Room (70, 89, 1))
[2020-05-10 16:39:31.841] SAY: Prototype_dead/(Lane Big Boss) "imaging being admin abused" (Engineering Maintenance (92, 105, 2))
[2020-05-10 16:39:59.231] ADMIN: AtexHoffman69/(Don Keedix) (reply to Prototype_dead/(Lane Big Boss)) "Could have just worn yoru shoes" (Engineering Maintenance (88, 122, 2))
Ultimately its a game mode they chose, and we give admins a good bit of leeway on how they choose to make the round more enjoyable. In this case Atex wanted you to wear your shoes, an essential component of all clowns, and especially that of clown ops. We see nothing to uphold here.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.