[ADMIN] <Sibg>

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Sibg
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Sibg

[ADMIN] <Sibg>

Postby Sibg » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:55 am #569957

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Sibg
Character name(s): Kirilenko "Dball" Smirniof, Hunter, M.A.S.K.
Timezone: NZDT
Discord tag: Sibg
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: Short time in Halo13, Admin for a long time in a gmod server before it closed.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: 3 or 4 years overall, less than 6 months in TGMC.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: No permament bans but i have had bans.
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? Ive spent long enough to see when people do things wrong, using my mentor powers i try to stop the smaller things, i just want people to have a good time and think i would make that happen.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? Robustness, or well how i fight and my tactics.
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? One mistake is probably a accident, twice may be a behaviour, 3 times is a bad time. Judgements on their actions should be held to there behaviour and how they reply to you in adminhelps.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? I would run events when the pop starts getting bored or its closing time. When you run events it should be fun, not annoying or game breaking. When doing a admin event you should make sure its as little admin intervention as you can, as it is a event for the people not you and you should only make it fun and exciting.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? The fun things would be events, and maybe playing midis. the least enjoyable would be banning people, a shame really.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? Get tired of it, burnt out, when i dont have time to do it anymore and really dont have the drive.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
There are no mps currently in game, but i would investigate the shootout to see if it was on purpose and give them a note if it was on purpose.
2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
Help, help, help that lost person, we all need help when its our first time!
3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
If i'm the sole ticket engager i would ask another member of staff for insight, otherwise i would ask them to remain calm as im a admin, a person for helping your problems, or the ones you have made to tell you what you did wrong.
4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
I would tell him about our naming scheme, and that he may want to consult the forums if he does feel his name is correct, i may ask a staff member for insight if it might be a valid name.
5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
If the alert hasnt been changed in time of a proper i would investigate on why he has a gun out, if its not valid i would ask him to put it back.
6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would send a command message or queen mother message to each side telling them to advance.
7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Warn them on what they are doing and if they keep doing what they are doing maybe note them for what they are doing.
8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Investigate the logs and check if the marine did indeed say mean words, if he didnt i would note him for it, if he did i would give him a warning unless he has previous notes this is because of killing him.
9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I would do a ooc announcement that racist comments arn't allowed here and tell the player that its handled.
10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
If the player does not have any notes i would give him a temporary ban after consulting with other staff, if they already have notes it would be made longer or permanent depending on staff consultation
11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Give them a warning, if they have been warned before they may get a note.
12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
Warn them that this is not the appropriate language.
13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
Dont know about this one, i dont know if we still use first contact rules.
14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
It depends on whether anyone adhelps, otherwise i see it is perfectly fine.
15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Note him for ssding a important role then cryo him or offer the body.
16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
Tell them in staff chat that's the wrong information.
17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Ping the head admins of his abusing and send screenshots of his wrongdoing.
18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Warn them for bashing another player and add a note if they continue.
19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
Check the logs, if its true give them a note, if they have done it before give them a note. if it is indeed friendly fire then give them a warning,

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [ADMIN] <Sibg>

Postby terranaut » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:23 pm #570622

Hi, thanks for your interest in applying. As is common, some follow-up questions. Please forgive my lazy formatting:

To 6.: I would send a command message or queen mother message to each side telling them to advance.
You've sent the message, but 5 minutes later nothing has really changed. At best, Marines are mocking Central and the xenos are ignoring the QM. How do you proceed?

A more general question:
A lot of your answers default to warning or noting players. At which point do you think you would or should ban somebody instead of letting them off with a note, or even just a warning?

Also, to 13.: Dont know about this one, i dont know if we still use first contact rules.
We don't, marines generally know to expect alien resistance once they touch down.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Sibg
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Sibg

Postby Sibg » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:22 pm #570656

No idea how you do fancy forum quote things but here we go!

To 6: I would send a command message or queen mother message to each side telling them to advance.
You've sent the message, but 5 minutes later nothing has really changed. At best, Marines are mocking Central and the xenos are ignoring the QM. How do you proceed?

Well if nothing is changing i might have to some admin intervention to push the round further weather that may be the queen mother itself or central, i really wouldn't know as i've never experienced or seen this happen after the command or queen mother report.

A more general question:
A lot of your answers default to warning or noting players. At which point do you think you would or should ban somebody instead of letting them off with a note, or even just a warning?

It depends on the severity of the situation, and the amount of the notes they already have, if it fills any of that criteria i'm sure its grounds for a ban .

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:10 am #571191

After some slightly above average deliberation your app has been accepted, Discord roles will be handed out and more explained there.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications