Reworking revolvers

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ComboTombo
Byond Username: ComboTombo

Reworking revolvers

Post by ComboTombo » #598659

NOTE: I will be writing this from a real life viewpoint. In the game, we have 4 different revolvers; The Mateba, the Revolver, the Colt Detective Special, and the Russian Revolver. All of them use .357 by default, except for the Colt Detective Special, which uses .38 Special. This can be modified with the wrench to fire other ammunition.

Here's where my idea comes: Why need a wrench? .357 Magnum and .38 special both have a bullet diameter of .357 inches and a neck & base diameter of.379 inches. You can load and fire .357 ammo in a .38 special revolver*, and .38 special ammo in a .357**, without any modifications made to the revolver.

*.38 Special is weaker than .357, and has lower pressure. A revolver made to fire .38 Special can fire .357 Magnum, but since the .357 is stronger and has higher pressure, the revolver itself could malfunction (e.g cracks, misfire, round not properly clearing cylinder, or a low chance of the firing pin being destroyed).
**.357 Magnum is much stronger than .38 Special, and has higher pressure. A revolver made to fire .357 Magnum can most definitely handle its weaker, older brother, the .38 Special, without any malfunction from using different ammunition.

While we're on the topic of revolvers, could we please have the ability to re-skin the Colt Detective Special as much as we want, instead of only once per round?
Fhaxaris
Byond Username: Fhaxaris

Re: Reworking revolvers

Post by Fhaxaris » #598667

so make it fire 357 by default, keep explosion chance?
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #598668

ComboTombo wrote:While we're on the topic of revolvers, could we please have the ability to re-skin the Colt Detective Special as much as we want, instead of only once per round?
Why?
As to the other stuff, you make an interesting point. I tend not to play detective a lot, so I'm largely indifferent.
► Show Spoiler
ComboTombo
Byond Username: ComboTombo

Post by ComboTombo » #598669

Fhaxaris wrote:so make it fire 357 by default, keep explosion chance?
I mean, yeah. The only thing I'm advocating for is to freely load the two ammunitions without a wrench.
Farquaar wrote:
ComboTombo wrote:While we're on the topic of revolvers, could we please have the ability to re-skin the Colt Detective Special as much as we want, instead of only once per round?
Why?
Why not? If you can change the grip and paint of a revolver, you can do it a million times.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #598678

ComboTombo wrote:NOTE: I will be writing this from a real life viewpoint.
Not to put you down, but this means nothing. realism doesn't impact how we design the game in the slightest.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #599461

I do kind of like the idea of letting traitors load their revolver with .38 stolen from the detective, but I dont like the other way around.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕