Megafauna Loot Revamps (Progressive Lavaland)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Megafauna Loot Revamps (Progressive Lavaland)

Post by Shadowflame909 » #628802

Currently Megafauna Loot just gives you wizard powers on station that you cant really use unless your an antag or a valid hunter. Heres how I would change that.

My Goal is to try and make LavaLand more of a roguelike instead of a loot pinata to bring back on station. Beating bosses should make playing lavaland easier! Not make the core station gameplay loop easier. And this does indeed align with design doc goals of an eventual full lavaland/station separation. Here's how I would do it.

Hierophant Drop Mod: By harnessing the hierophants powers, Your KA now shoots its chaser bolts at megafauna whenever your in range. Allowing you to gradually chip off megafauna health from simply staying close to them and not dying !(Even if you suck at hitting the fauna!) Just be good at dodging. This could also be added to Mech KA's, allowing a permanent usefulness when we do make the shift over.

Ash Drake Wings: Congratulations, in the battle the wings were mostly undamaged. Now you can attach it to your mech and allow it to temporarily leap for a few seconds on lavaland. This will help you avoid some annoying mass damage, and maybe just take a breather in the midst of battle. You will eventually go down though, so I hope you weren't too screwed! These big flappy wings don't work very well on the station though, something about a different Atmos pressure, Nor do you have the drakes skeletal system to support the giant things.

Bubblegums Wrath - You applied that goopy bubblegums blood on your mech for some reason? Well, now it's possessed by Bubblegums anger! This allows your mech to charge on lavaland! This stuns any simplemobs it hits, allowing you to get a few hits in without them making any tedious moves! They'll still be able to attack you though.

Colossus's Halo - Your Mech now has reduced damage from ranged attacks in the form of colossus's Yellow Barriers. Also a halo sprite, cool! Just don't get chomped from a fauna in close range.

Legions Cores - You decided to stack all those dead legion skulls onto your mech. I don't know why you did that. At least your mech looks cool. It also scares away any simple-mobs and no longer makes them hostile. Why would they attack their king?

Hopefully you liked my ideas. Currently Lavaland is just a roguelike without anything useful for lavaland. Just a bunch of weapons and armor for you to grief the station with. Now with this, you feel like your actually getting somewhere. One boss kill at a time.
► Show Spoiler
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Re: Megafauna Loot Revamps (Progressive Lavaland)

Post by serxule » #628805

you realize that rarely anyone uses mining mechs right? they're useless compared to having max mining tech
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #628806

serxule wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:15 am you realize that rarely anyone uses mining mechs right? they're useless compared to having max mining tech
you do realize this is for the eventual mech rework for lavaland right

serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #628807

ardentarclight wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:27 am
serxule wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:15 am you realize that rarely anyone uses mining mechs right? they're useless compared to having max mining tech
you do realize this is for the eventual mech rework for lavaland right
i never heard of a mech rework
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #628818

Great idea shadowflame!