Overclock Prosthetics

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Grugmakefire
Byond Username: Grug_make_fire

Overclock Prosthetics

Post by Grugmakefire » #629250

I would really love the ability to overclock prosthetic organs by some means, probably from Emags or precise toolwork, who knows?
An overclocked prosthetic liver would process toxins faster, but take marginally more damage from the act as a result (or something along those lines. Maybe it could actively produce alcohol instead!).
A similar thought process can be applied to all the other replacement organs. Maybe even prosthetic limbs as well? Higher risk, passive minor damage from use?
Maybe you'll be able to arm-wrestle a hulk or kick that one guy in the groin, putting them on the ground for a good several seconds. The balancing for that isn't in my hands.
An Emagged stomach could allow processing ingested food and what you poisoned it with much faster. Obesity% WR speedrun!
Alternatively it could be set to produce organ-melting acidic substances but don't quote me on that.
An Emagged heart could either be a bomb (Maybe attach a remote detonator or something.) or turn their blood RGB.
I can see it now..
"Your blood type is now Gamer, try not to have it stolen from you."
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Overclock Prosthetics

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #629254

I like the idea.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #629266

My vision is Augmented
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #629418

you mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but i've got nerves of steel.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #629446

I wanted Orange. It gave me lemon-lime.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #629450

Could be amazing powergamer bait

Slight increases over regular crew, horifically comical downsides (which is why its not designed to be overclocked)

Like a crypto mining rig causing a power surge
► Show Spoiler
Alphanerdd
Byond Username: Alphanerdd

Post by Alphanerdd » #629507

I like this idea a lot.

Overall I feel like augmented organs/limbs as is are a bit bland, and could use some more mechanics.

Not really too much you can do with them besides make robocop references
semi-regular sybil/terry/manuel background character Josh Hawkins
loathed and hated mime Translucency
professional bad take haver
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #629536

im going to ban emag actions we need a better mechanic that isnt exclusive to ONE antagonist.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Grugmakefire
Byond Username: Grug_make_fire

Post by Grugmakefire » #629768

Cobby wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:51 pm im going to ban emag actions we need a better mechanic that isnt exclusive to ONE antagonist.
I said "I would really love the ability to overclock prosthetic organs by some means, probably from Emags or precise tookwork, who knows?"

Emag is a convenient enough tool for it, since antags are the ones sabotaging things anyway, but it doesn't have to be the only way to mess with things. The improvement margins could be configured within a range, unlocked by emag?

Either that or some funny wirecutting, and suddenly Jo'eseph McSchmoeseph has turned your heart into a blood engine that will gib you on defibrillation.

Again, none of the balancing or implementation is in my hands.
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #632237

In my opinion, i think there should be options to put augmented limbs in either Hi-power mode (multitool only) or overclock them (emag) for various effects.

you could multitool your augmented arms to be able to do actions every half-second instead of every 0.7 seconds and speed up level-3 and 4 grab progress bars by half at the cost of dealing 40% less damage with melee weapons and your fists or emag augmented arms to half action cooldown along with increasing knockdown chance with punches and dealing more damage with punches at the cost of your arms spazzing out rarely as if you took ephedrine.

multitooling your augged legs would make you move slightly faster, but disable the wound protection on your legs and thus making them able to be severed, emagging augged legs would make you move fast as if you took meth and gain a button-toggle type action that would make you do a roundhouse kick ala Warden's krav maga gloves, but every time you used the roundhouse kick, there would be a 15% chance you would heavily damage your leg and start limping, roll this kick malfunction enough times and your spessman's robo leg would be severed.