Noted for Wrongthink: Manuelmins Acceleration Continues

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Noted for Wrongthink: Manuelmins Acceleration Continues

Post by Kendrickorium » #634715

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31316

WHEN WILL THEY START BANNING FOR SIMPLY *THINKING* ABOUT DOING SOMETHING THAT GOES AGAINST THE AVATARS OF ROLE PLAYING
WHEN WILL THEY BE STOPPED
WHO WILL STOP THEM
Kendrickorium

Re: Noted for Wrongthink: Manuelmins Acceleration Continues

Post by Kendrickorium » #634720

I just realized a thread was made about this but my title is better so everyone should move over here
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #634722

I didn't really follow what the hell he was talking about in the appeal to be honest - did the man really get an admin remark for having a disagreement with an admin? He didn't even get bwoinked or break any rules?
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #634737

Bad note
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #634741

True sigmas post in the cool title namethread. And they demand answers!
If a self defense bomb is a successful deterrent to no-good criminals, then why aren't they allowed to be used?? Imagine how save the world would be if everyone at any time was carrying an explosive that could level an entire building in an instant. Think any criminal would still be messing with people?
What is more important, a bit of collateral or stopping a criminal? I seriously hope you don't have to think about the right answer to that.

With safe regards
-BOOMERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #634742

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:31 am I didn't really follow what the hell he was talking about in the appeal to be honest - did the man really get an admin remark for having a disagreement with an admin? He didn't even get bwoinked or break any rules?
To be fair, the thing with Notes is they're mostly supposed to just be a way of saying "I've had this conversation with them", so I'm guessing the admin's intent here was "Well this way if he does something dumb with them or whatever, he can't just claim 'But I was never told not to!'"
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #634745

What are you even talking about notes aren't used to scarlet letter people at all.
Image Image
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #634748

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:06 am I just realized a thread was made about this but my title is better so everyone should move over here
you are the best

this guy seems to be the most explosive mrp player and i think that's a good thing
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #634749

selfDefenceOnMRP.mp3
(197.15 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #634751

BONERMASTER wrote: What is more important, a bit of collateral or stopping a criminal? I seriously hope you don't have to think about the right answer to that.
You make a good point BONERMASTER - but should I be noted if I disagree with you on this, only in theory? Probably not!!
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: To be fair, the thing with Notes is they're mostly supposed to just be a way of saying "I've had this conversation with them", so I'm guessing the admin's intent here was "Well this way if he does something dumb with them or whatever, he can't just claim 'But I was never told not to!'"
No not “to be fair.” It’s insane admin overreach to leave a blemish on someone’s account because of a disagreement they had that did not actually translate into the round but was only theoretical. Notes and remarks are used to keep track of conversations in relation to actual fuckin rule breaks. That way if behavior happens again the admins know what their history around that particular rule break was.

It should not be used to keep track of “problematic opinions” - if these opinions don’t cause actual rulebreaks or linetoeing behavior, then they aren’t problematic and are irrelevant. If they do, then note the behavior not the opinion.
Spoiler:
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #634755

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:53 pm
BONERMASTER wrote: What is more important, a bit of collateral or stopping a criminal? I seriously hope you don't have to think about the right answer to that.
You make a good point BONERMASTER - but should I be noted if I disagree with you on this, only in theory? Probably not!!
Absolutely yes!! If you disagree with my personal opinion, you should not only be noted, but banned, permanently! There is nothing wrong with self-defense bombs, my personal favourite is the hellfire one, I combine it with a regular tritium explosion to incapacitate the criminal first, and then let the fire take care of whatever is left of them.
Ideally the initial explosion would launch the hellfire chemicals far away, so it would cover a wider radius and reduce the number of escape routes the criminal could take, but alas, the game is lacking in that regard, I hope the coders will address this oversight soon.

With explosive regards
-BOOMERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #634759

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:53 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: To be fair, the thing with Notes is they're mostly supposed to just be a way of saying "I've had this conversation with them", so I'm guessing the admin's intent here was "Well this way if he does something dumb with them or whatever, he can't just claim 'But I was never told not to!'"
No not “to be fair.” It’s insane admin overreach to leave a blemish on someone’s account because of a disagreement they had that did not actually translate into the round but was only theoretical. Notes and remarks are used to keep track of conversations in relation to actual fuckin rule breaks. That way if behavior happens again the admins know what their history around that particular rule break was.

It should not be used to keep track of “problematic opinions” - if these opinions don’t cause actual rulebreaks or linetoeing behavior, then they aren’t problematic and are irrelevant. If they do, then note the behavior not the opinion.
Consider the following;

Based on the wording of his own appeal, the only reason he didn't use the bomb to blow the Thief to smithereens is because the HoS gulag'd him instead, for having the bomb.

He also says, himself, that he told the admin that he pretty much always used bombs for any situation (Seriously, what ISN'T covered by "station ending threat", "Antag doing crime" and "Self Defense"? Valid Hunting? But we have rules preventing him from doing that, and you could argue that you're defending yourself from the valid).

We're repeatedly told that Notes are primarily a way for an admin to say they've talked to someone about something. Bonus points if this case is a (-) instead of any level of !

And for the final piece of the puzzle, Oklews is a Trialmin.

Put alllllll of that information together, and you have a slightly over zealous, but well-intentioned trialmin who probably just wanted to make sure it was written on record that they were told they shouldn't just resort to bombs for everything, in case they bomb someone they shouldn't.

It's not an ideal note, and it'll probably be overturned by the "unfairly harsh" clause (since it's technically factual, albeit unimportant/irrelevant), but it's not a be all and end all, cataclysmic end of the world thing, it's a trialmin making a mistake along the way.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634760

All these people in the shitty clickbait peanut thread, shameful
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #634764

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:57 pm All these people in the shitty clickbait peanut thread, shameful
Truly
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Blase
Byond Username: MacBlaze

Post by Blase » #634765

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:54 pm Consider the following;

Based on the wording of his own appeal, the only reason he didn't use the bomb to blow the Thief to smithereens is because the HoS gulag'd him instead, for having the bomb.

He also says, himself, that he told the admin that he pretty much always used bombs for any situation (Seriously, what ISN'T covered by "station ending threat", "Antag doing crime" and "Self Defense"? Valid Hunting? But we have rules preventing him from doing that, and you could argue that you're defending yourself from the valid).
"blow to smithereens" is hyperbole because half of you fucks can't conceive of a bomb that doesn't instantly force a shuttle call. Muffindrake stated in his post that they don't gib, and that they aren't maximum explosion size bombs. Its damn annoying when you ignore his own statements to assume something else. I think you're overestimating how many situations explosives are useful enough to justify damage to the station and perhaps innocents. Bombs aren't something you casually break out as an atmos tech. They're still bombs, and you need to choose correctly when to use them.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #634772

Farquaar wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:08 pm selfDefenceOnMRP.mp3
Thanks Farq I'm using this later
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #634786

CMDR_Gungnir wrote:It's not an ideal note, and it'll probably be overturned by the "unfairly harsh" clause (since it's technically factual, albeit unimportant/irrelevant), but it's not a be all and end all, cataclysmic end of the world thing, it's a trialmin making a mistake along the way.
I agree, the note was well-intentioned and good-faith. It was still a mistake. The reason I'm being obstinate to even a partial defense of it is because it'd be very bad if it were made precedent that notes don't need to be about behavior. Imagine ahelping to ask if you're allowed to plasmaflood the shuttle on Manuel, being told "no," and then getting a note which says, "was told plasmaflooding the shuttle isn't allowed." It reads as if the player had a run-in with the rules and did something wrong, when really nothing happened.

I already know lots of people who don't ahelp when they should because they're afraid they'll say something wrong and end up themselves getting punished for ahelping. This would definitely exacerbate that issue.
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #634802

It's kind of hard to understand exactly what happened given how wordy he's being, but if this is just straight up a note for discussing the matter with him, I don't think it really needs to exist. At the end of the day, it's just there in case he does blow someone up without having a valid reason, so I don't think it necessarily does any harm, but that's just me.

I do think that using bombs as self-defense is kind of LRP? There's other ways to do so without blowing a hole in the station and "blowing up part of your work place" seems pretty against the spirit of acting like you want to keep your job at the end of the day.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
massa

Post by massa » #634808

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:57 pm It's kind of hard to understand exactly what happened given how wordy he's being, but if this is just straight up a note for discussing the matter with him, I don't think it really needs to exist. At the end of the day, it's just there in case he does blow someone up without having a valid reason, so I don't think it necessarily does any harm, but that's just me.

I do think that using bombs as self-defense is kind of LRP? There's other ways to do so without blowing a hole in the station and "blowing up part of your work place" seems pretty against the spirit of acting like you want to keep your job at the end of the day.
people suicide bomb over stupid shit all the time dude lmao

if someone is suicide bombing they're definitely glad to take their office with them
Blase
Byond Username: MacBlaze

Post by Blase » #634811

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:57 pm It's kind of hard to understand exactly what happened given how wordy he's being, but if this is just straight up a note for discussing the matter with him, I don't think it really needs to exist. At the end of the day, it's just there in case he does blow someone up without having a valid reason, so I don't think it necessarily does any harm, but that's just me.

Crazier shit happens on Space Station 13 than people damaging the station's floor, besides, why wouldn't you repair a minibomb sized explosion? Point is, the entire second paragraph of your post shows you have never ever used a grenade made by chem, or an assembly bomb made by a scientist. It also conforms to your own personal definition of MRP, which is different from many others.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #634818

Blase wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:21 am It also conforms to your own personal definition of MRP, which is different from many others.
I never said it wasn't my own interpretation of the rules.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #634821

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:57 pm All these people in the shitty clickbait peanut thread, shameful
>shitty

sir this was a top tier clickbait, thank you
massa

Post by massa » #634887

we need to overthrow the manuelmins
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #634893

Anyone who calls assembly bombs singlecaps deserves to be permabanned
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #634897

TheFinalPotato wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 pm Anyone who calls assembly bombs singlecaps deserves to be permabanned
Finally, the right fuckin' opinion here.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #634916

ArcaneDefence wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:03 pm
TheFinalPotato wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 pm Anyone who calls assembly bombs singlecaps deserves to be permabanned
Finally, the right fuckin' opinion here.
I agree.