ghilker vs goofball codenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

ghilker vs goofball codenut

Post by datorangebottle » #636318

Goofball makes incredibly based PR, Ghilker upset that so few people want to learn the department he codes for.

Personally on goof's side here, I stopped playing science/R&D briefly before the gas shell change but the last time I played atmos and tried to learn how to make anything more complicated than Hydrogen I wanted to claw my eyes out. I had a casual mastery of what was required for the 50k research budget bomb, but I wanted to make pluox and every time I look at that section of the atmos wiki my eyes glaze over and I start thinking about the fun things I could be doing instead of waiting for gas to react.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Re: ghilker vs goofball codenut

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #636321

I only play toxins to refine a flux, and then have funny trolling reactive flux core time.
Or, blow shit up I guess.
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #636329

I haven't been able to figure out toxins in all my time playing this game, while having mastered virtually every other job around it. If even goofball doesn't have enough phDs to get this right, and this dude has been coding this game for his entire life, then maybe it isn't just a skill issue, maybe, your funny bomb mixing mechanic in the fun and quirky murder simulator is just too fucking complicated and endlessly obstructive for this game.
Because at this point, I might as well actually enter a university.

With toxic regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #636332

BONERMASTER wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:00 pm With toxic regards
-BONERMASTER
I can't believe BONERMASTER is being toxic in my peanut thread. :(
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #636336

The battle in heaven
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #636339

I'm on the "atmos is too hard" train. I either let it burn to short or not short enough and my reaction ends up fucked.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #636340

Incredibly dense object vs incredibly gamer atmosian
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #636343

two gods fight each other, who will win
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #636348

been saying this for years: atmos needs to be simpler rather than more complicated and refined :)
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #636352

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:46 pm been saying this for years: atmos needs to be simpler rather than more complicated and refined :)
honestly I just want the guide on atmos to be written for dumbasses like me. I look at the guide and my eyes glaze over. Just tell me what to combine in how much where. Don't be like, "THIS IS AN ENDOTHERMIC REACTION THAT HAPPENS AT X DEGREES KELVIN WITH FLUMMOXIUM AND ATMOSIUM IN A 50:10 RATIO" just tell me "add a can of flummoxium and half a can of atmosium to a mix chamber, siphon it out and cool it off." Translating that shit makes my head hurt.

Edit:
If the guide to atmos said 'make a lot of tritium(see guide above) and add n2 to it in a separate mix chamber', people would probably be less unhappy about having to make hypernob in toxins, because the process would be more obvious.

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636355

Yeah we need an Atmos for dummies

Best I can do right now is copy movement by movement what someone does on a YouTube video.

Same for Fermi Chem. I miss my accurate recipes...
► Show Spoiler
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #636366

I will paypal bounty anyone who writes a comprehensive 'atmos for dipshits' guide. Publish it in the library. Includes all gasses to current version.

Btw you would be writing it for me. I am the dipshit.

I've always believed that advanced reference manuals should be available in the library, anyway, if we're talking about inter-department connections.

You could apply trade secrets to many departments in small library reference manuals.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636373

Whichever one makes this easier to do wins in my book. Screw puzzle-mos
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #636382

We need a slur for atmos mains
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #636384

wesoda25 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:45 am We need a slur for atmos mains
I thought they just banned slurs for the mentally disabled.
Image Image
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636392

Mirroring from Git:
My favorite part of Toxins is that the slightest fuckup, even if it doesn't burn down the entire lab, generally renders the department unusable for the remainder of the round because of shit in the pipes, messed up burn chamber, lack of the gas you need to complete what you're trying to do, etc.

One person gets one try at Toxins each round and if something goes wrong nobody gets anything from the whole department :)
This was frustrating enough trying to learn the tritium reaction after the big rework, where toxins was totally optional and all messing it up meant is no bombs.

Now, messing up the toxins lab means nobody gets a ton of R&D stuff, too!
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #636398

RikuTheKiller, on the PR wrote:Oh, about driving people out of sci, YES, that is happening.
I stopped playing science mainly because it felt like I was stuck in shitty nerdville, but all the toys that made nerdville palatable were being taken away, so most of the time I was playing around with slimes in xenobiology. Then coworkers would come through and make a mess of the lab and/or cause some accident and piss me off, or the shuttle would get called at 30 minutes as usual so I was just getting angry.
R&D just keeps getting harder and less rewarding, somehow.
I walked into toxins today and had no idea what I was looking at, couldn't find any documentation on the new machine or how the new R&D worked, and walked right back out.
Circuits are only as fun as the ideas you can come up with for them- and I am creatively bankrupt.
Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:57 am Now, messing up the toxins lab means nobody gets a ton of R&D stuff, too!
yeah, I love being labeled as "the guy that can't do toxins" because I made one mistake and now the burn chamber is unusable.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #636408

Toxins just isn't fun for me.

With atmospherics and the supermatter, you can read the basic fundamentals and then learn the nuances by fiddling around, making different mixtures and trying different things. With toxins, all I can find on the subject is "scrap default setup, follow meta strat, make maxcap boom". I don't want to follow a meta- I want to screw around and have fun, man.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #636450

Assuming the quantum electromagnetic technology node doesn't block any others, are T4 micro-lasers actually that important? It just sounds like the proper changes need to be made to address the problems for players new to making hypernoblium that he lays out.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636472

Generally speaking, I'd really like if the obsession with atmos could be applied to making atmos better (in a non-overpowered way) instead of making other departments worse
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #636503

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636588

Have you considered making changes that are fun for players instead of changes designed to show off how cool your ideas are and how clever you were for coming up with them
Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #636624

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:30 pm Have you considered making changes that are fun for players instead of changes designed to show off how cool your ideas are and how clever you were for coming up with them
I actually haven't and I will keep it that way
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #636636

Ghilker wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:58 am Image
Well how about you write the guide ybs talked about
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #636637

In exactly that tone pictured in the image
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #636711

They closed the fucking PR.

I'm angry.

Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #636712

Timonk wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:07 pm In exactly that tone pictured in the image
Huh that might be actually funny