Supermatter Feet

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Supermatter Feet

Post by Archie700 » #642636

Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Supermatter Feet

Post by datorangebottle » #642638

Couldn't have just ordered a bicycle?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642639

They dug their own grave with that one.

The admin just gave them the shovel.

If they did this event more often. It's be a decent way to rack up bans.
► Show Spoiler
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #642640

Yup, that's another Vekter 🚨 fun police 🚨 classic. Who else cares what you do with cargo budget when the station is bombed to shit and it's a few minutes to round end anyway?

Will verify their side of the story later.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642645

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:49 am Yup, that's another Vekter 🚨 fun police 🚨 classic. Who else cares what you do with cargo budget when the station is bombed to shit and it's a few minutes to round end anyway?

Will verify their side of the story later.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
idk, like I've said I'm all for "Let people do incredibly stupid stuff for projects that would never possibly work" but what good or cool outcome can you possibly get out of 40 SM shards? Where would you even put them? Etc.

Listen

I once put 40 very active teslas on a bridge in a modestly sized containment, and I didn't get banned, even when a traitor bombed the containment field and let them out, because even if the idea was enormously stupid

And I got everyone who didn't make it to Lavaland killed

And I crashed the server

I was trying to make something cool and it worked, at least for a little bit.

There's no "And there was something cool for a little bit" with the shards, and there was never going to be, just heehaw funny rock
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #642657

I'm listening, but I fucking disagree. You're saying that what the dude went for, wasn't thinking long term, something along the lines, I'm using artistic license here. Anyway, it doesn't apply here, because the station was well on it's way to the apocalypse, if you humor me for a few logs.

So I'm checking the logs for explosions, and a few minutes prior to these SM Crates arriving, a traitor runs into medbay and activates a suicide bomb:

Code: Select all

03:53:38	GAME	Explosion with size (3, 9, 17, 17) in (Medbay Treatment Center (84,101,2)). Possible cause: the bomb payload. Last fingerprints: idnvr/(Sierra Ina).
And I'm no expert on these explosion size numbers, but judging by the 8 people that died simultanouesly
I'm guessing it was a fairly huge fucking bomb. Then you got a massive amount of logs from people taking ownership of spiders, and I estimate, that they contributed their fair share of station destruction and crewmember decimation.
The shuttle call, initated by coffeedragon, paints a fitting picture:

03:58:38	SHUTTLE	Shuttle call reason: The silence fills the air. You realize there's noone left to vote. Your one objective: Survive.

My impression here is that this station is going down the gutter. Do you think I'm wrong here? Because I believe the only long term plan was for this station to get nuked, and I don't see any evidence pointing otherwise.
I get it when you say "hey, fun projects, don't be an autist". But do also look at the context of the situation! There is no point in building an engine or any other amazing technical project with the station actively imploding on it's numerous catastrophes, and I hope you agree with me here? So if you do, then you'd see eye to eye with me here, that there is virtually no rhyme or reason to BAN this guy for two days, because he ordered a lot of supermatter shards in this situation.

And to call THAT "excessive, boring griefing", that's almost Amber Heard tier of shameless lying and blowing a non-issue WAAAAY out of proportion! I hope that even if you disagree with my take, that we can at least meet at the halfway point here, that "something cool for a little bit" should also go hand in hand with "not fanatically running after every. single. theoretical rulebreak on this server".

With cool regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642668

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:00 pm So I'm checking the logs for explosions, and a few minutes prior to these SM Crates arriving, a traitor runs into medbay and activates a suicide bomb:

03:53:38	GAME	Explosion with size (3, 9, 17, 17) in (Medbay Treatment Center (84,101,2)). Possible cause: the bomb payload. Last fingerprints: idnvr/(Sierra Ina).
And I'm no expert on these explosion size numbers, but judging by the 8 people that died simultanouesly
Decently large - Maxcap is 5/10/20 (0 fire). Syndiebombs, like this, are 3/9/17 (17 fire).

The station was pretty fucked but I still feel like if you order 40 supermatter shards and don't try to personally defend them from thieves, you have to know how it's going to turn out, especially with 1/3 of the station being traitors who can crack the locks in any given round.

There's way safer funny stuff that you can order with that much cash, even if you can't afford the legendary bike (which I THINK they could have? I'm not miscounting a 0, am I?)
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #642670

Vekter has a history of not even knowing sybil's most basic rules and mannerisms despite many alleged years of playing.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #642674

Pandarsenic wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:40 pm The station was pretty fucked but I still feel like if you order 40 supermatter shards and don't try to personally defend them from thieves, you have to know how it's going to turn out, especially with 1/3 of the station being traitors who can crack the locks in any given round.
Sorry, I'll have to be a grandma again and harp on this again: The station is pretty fucked, that much is clear. Yet then you go on to say, "hey, what about the thieves? What if they steal the supermatter shard?"....? Your statement doesn't seem to appreciate the level of mayhem that was going on in this station. There were no thieves even left! The medbay was blown up with a syndi-bomb (!), that you yourself identified from the logs. The spiders took whoever was left. It was clear to everyone, that the chaos and devestation was beyond control. And the round ended just 18 minutes later.

And from these 18 minutes, you have 10 minutes waiting time for the shuttle to arrive, 3 minutes departure time and 2 minutes until it docks on centcom. I want to emphasize, nobody was screwed by him buying a lot of supermatter shards with his 1 million spacebucks check. Nothing was destroyed by him ordering all these supermatter shards, because the entire station was already completely destroyed!

And that's probably, why the admins handed out that one million credit check to begin with, and I think it is unbelievably lame to hand this out to a player and then, again, BAN them, because they didn't do what the admins wanted to. This just isn't fucking ok, do you agree with me here?

With questioning regards
-BONERMASTER

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642678

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:16 pmYet then you go on to say, "hey, what about the thieves?"
Sorry, let me clarify - the problem is thieves, not Thieves. ANYONE, from tider to traitor, who runs off with the goodies.

That said, you are presenting a compelling picture of how genuinely fucked the station was... and I am coming around to the possibility that nobody here was fucked by the shards who wouldn't have been otherwise.

Were this a proper courtroom drama, I suppose this is where we would call those dusted by it in, as well as perhaps the spider(!?) who stole it.

... I also have some OPINIONS about spiders using things like supermatter shards and welder bombs, but also the idea of becoming a ghetto supermatter spider tickles me, so I'll leave those aside for now.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #642679

On one hand I wanna tell this Mannymin that this just how we do things over here, on the other hand Pete Feet getting bwoinked because he bought abunch of SMs as the HoS and getting abunch of people killed is really funny. I think I'll learn on the Vekter hating side.

I think its super interesting that none of the other admins, not even the ones running the event decided to make a fuss out of this. No it was Mr. No fun allowed logging on after the fact to cry about how "For the record, spending most of Cargo's budget on supermatter shards is a good way to get banned." Here's a news flash since I know you haven't played a shift from the start since fucking March but Cargo doesn't start off with that much cash anymore.
Image Image
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #642687

i think it was funny, if it was me i don't think i would have ahelped for it given its just the one time, and noone really got hurt. cargo had one million credits and the station had one million spiders. what can ya do!

oh nvm i didnt know people got dusted that makes sense then
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #642704

And that's probably, why the admins handed out that one million credit check to begin with, and I think it is unbelievably lame to hand this out to a player and then, again, BAN them, because they didn't do what the admins wanted to. This just isn't fucking ok, do you agree with me here?
I think it's worth noting that I didn't hand out those credits, another admin did.

E:
Boot wrote:Here's a news flash since I know you haven't played a shift from the start since fucking March but Cargo doesn't start off with that much cash anymore.
I want to preface this by saying I genuinely don't care what you think, but you are correct in that I haven't been playing nearly enough lately.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642724

Vekter wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:01 am
I think it's worth noting that I didn't hand out those credits, another admin did.

E:
Boot wrote:Here's a news flash since I know you haven't played a shift from the start since fucking March but Cargo doesn't start off with that much cash anymore.
I want to preface this by saying I genuinely don't care what you think, but you are correct in that I haven't been playing nearly enough lately.
get the fuck out

honestly at this point i don't even blame vekter for the decisions he makes and the bans he hands out, he either has such a low IQ or is honest to god autistic to the point that he literally doesn't understand why someone would buy a ton of supermatter shards

also

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Vekter

go ahead people, take a gander at how often vekter actually plays and interacts with players inside the game
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #642725

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:01 am https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Vekter

go ahead people, take a gander at how often vekter actually plays and interacts with players inside the game
I haven't been playing much because I have a full-time job and the times where I'm actually able to play are usually peak US times. The pop right now is high enough that I don't generally enjoy the game with something like 60-70 people running around. There's a little too much chaos and I'm often not able to really do my job without constant interference. Like I said, I'll put forth an effort to play more if people think that's necessary for me to do my job correctly.

I didn't quote anything else you said because it's just inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642727

Vekter wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:11 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:01 am https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Vekter

I haven't been playing much because I have a full-time job and the times where I'm actually able to play are usually peak US times. The pop right now is high enough that I don't generally enjoy the game with something like 60-70 people running around. There's a little too much chaos and I'm often not able to really do my job without constant interference. Like I said, I'll put forth an effort to play more if people think that's necessary for me to do my job correctly.

I didn't quote anything else you said because it's just inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory.
I scrolled down to 2020, buddy. I stopped there.
also- i wasn't being inflammatory, I honest to god believe you lack the mental capacity necessary to properly understand why anyone would DARE to order 40+ supermatter shards in a round filled with player owned spiders and 1000000 dollary doos to spend for fun.

you dont play this game to actually engage with the community and the players within the game, you login to play overlord and that's it.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #642728

This one caught my eye and I briefly looked into it. Dude ordered the crystals (a minute) before the shuttle call, and the round ended ~17 minutes later. A great deal of people were dusted and irradiated, but I don’t know how or why. I lack enough context that I didn’t care to really challenge it.

Still, I personally don’t really think it’s surprising whatsoever that a player used the credits for this, especially on sybil. If I wasn’t ok with that sort of outcome I wouldn’t give the credits in the first place. I hope vekter checked in with the admin in question, since were it me I’d probably be upset, but since it was not it’s whatever
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #642735

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:01 am

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Vekter

an admin?
observing?
no...... they would never.....
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #642738

I unbanned him.
Spoiler:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #642739

This was one of those rare situations where The Secret Rule should have been invoked

I don't blame Vekter for the initial ban in 99% of cases of grief like this it genuinely is just boring and pointless and it's hard to parse out that special 1% that feels /tg/ soul. I think taking into account a good player history should lead you to interpret their behaviour as more likely to be good faith.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #642742

Stickymayhem wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:39 am This was one of those rare situations where The Secret Rule should have been invoked

I don't blame Vekter for the initial ban in 99% of cases of grief like this it genuinely is just boring and pointless and it's hard to parse out that special 1% that feels /tg/ soul. I think taking into account a good player history should lead you to interpret their behaviour as more likely to be good faith.
I fucking love The Secret Rule. Every time I invoke it everyone, ghosts, the antags, other admins, often even the victims have a great time and a cool story to tell

(Word to the wise, with The Secret Rule it's a much better idea to ask for permission than for forgiveness)
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #642771

WineAllWine wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:10 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:39 am This was one of those rare situations where The Secret Rule should have been invoked

I fucking love The Secret Rule. Every time I invoke it everyone, ghosts, the antags, other admins, often even the victims have a great time and a cool story to tell

(Word to the wise, with The Secret Rule it's a much better idea to ask for permission than for forgiveness)
this was the one legacy i left for you son i am proud dont let them forget even after im gone
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #642774

personally i would've made it a note or let it go but usually when you do something as risky as buy a thousand supermatter shards, you're responsible for whatever happens with them
then again it's huge grey area because you may die to someone else who will then take advatange of it and you'd still be responsible somehow?

on another note vekter gets a lot of shit unfairly, i agree that you need to play the game in order to stay in touch,
but it's insanely stupid to complain about "manuelmins applying their standards" because terry is LRP just like sybil (my main) and i was told off by a guy because i told him to not draw swastiskas on terry and that he could not have a brown-uniform-red-band gimmick (he told me i didnt understand server culture)

using this post to shoutout the guy i banned and then days later made the station name wubli sucks (dm me if you wanna go out)
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #642775

i actually love this
risky stuff if funny enough or for learning purposes will get a green light (and if its not at the expense of several people)
in this case i think atmos was rendered useless for a while (but the person's reaction was really funny and no one was truly affected by it)
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642784

Vekter wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:38 amI unbanned him.
You WHAT?
This calls for even more herassment.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642785

wubli wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:05 pm
i actually love this
risky stuff if funny enough or for learning purposes will get a green light (and if its not at the expense of several people)
in this case i think atmos was rendered useless for a while (but the person's reaction was really funny and no one was truly affected by it)
Next time if they play on meta tell them to overload the lights at the APC if it's on meta. If I'm not mistaken there should be a lightbulb in the tank.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.