Massa tribalism peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Massa tribalism peanut

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #644790

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31971
Massa, the one of newest consistent forms uses (superseded the ever venerable celularLAmp) has been banned!

It is a horrific thought that the moment one of us falls, the rest move in to rip us to shreds. Such is the brutality of the tg forums.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Re: Massa tribalism peanut

Post by Tearling » #645012

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:02 am
Tearling wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:59 am there has not been one time that ive walked away thinking that one of massa’s forum posts has had an overall positive impact on the forum. this is not to say that every post of theirs i feel is negative, but it’s gotten to the point where i dont even read their posts even if it’s in a reply chain
While I agree with this, is it normal to walk away from anyone's forum posts thinking it had a positive impact?

Have you ever walked away from one of my posts thinking that it had an overall positive impact on the forum?
read the next sentence
Did you make a mistake when reading my post? I was asking if it's normal to come away from any post thinking it has a positive impact on the forum, it has nothing to do with "this is not to say that every post of theirs i feel is negative, but it’s gotten to the point where i dont even read their posts even if it’s in a reply chain"
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #645015

Tearling wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:49 am
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:59 am there has not been one time that ive walked away thinking that one of massa’s forum posts has had an overall positive impact on the forum. this is not to say that every post of theirs i feel is negative, but it’s gotten to the point where i dont even read their posts even if it’s in a reply chain
While I agree with this, is it normal to walk away from anyone's forum posts thinking it had a positive impact?

Have you ever walked away from one of my posts thinking that it had an overall positive impact on the forum?
read the next sentence
Did you make a mistake when reading my post? I was asking if it's normal to come away from any post thinking it has a positive impact on the forum, it has nothing to do with "this is not to say that every post of theirs i feel is negative, but it’s gotten to the point where i dont even read their posts even if it’s in a reply chain"
i was calling massa a plague on this community without saying it directly. your reply only focused on my first sentence and so you missed the point.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #645016

I'm sure the 27 notes is all admin cope to hide the reality of their clown server
Guys this is just banter guys 1984 and such
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #645020

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:10 am

read the next sentence
i was calling massa a plague on this community without saying it directly. your reply only focused on my first sentence and so you missed the point.
I didn't miss your point. This should be plainly obvious by the fact that I said "While I agree with this," which indicates that I fully understood the point of your post, which was an indirect jab at Massa. I've actually been mocked my massa before, and I won't hesitate to say that I'm biased against him.

I did indeed focus on your first sentence, because to put it simply, it's humorous. The implication that you go around saying "Yes, this post makes the forum a better place" and then walk away is a humorous implication. I wasn't trying to mock you with my question, I was mocking the hypothetical world you laid out where it's normal to walk away from posts thinking they have a positive impact on the forum.

If, by focusing on your first sentence I somehow missed the point, doesn't that mean your first sentence was pointless?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #645021

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #645022

Tearling wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 am

read the next sentence
I didn't miss your point. This should be plainly obvious by the fact that I said "While I agree with this," which indicates that I fully understood the point of your post, which was an indirect jab at Massa. I've actually been mocked my massa before, and I won't hesitate to say that I'm biased against him.

I did indeed focus on your first sentence, because to put it simply, it's humorous. The implication that you go around saying "Yes, this post makes the forum a better place" and then walk away is a humorous implication. I wasn't trying to mock you with my question, I was mocking the hypothetical world you laid out where it's normal to walk away from posts thinking they have a positive impact on the forum.

If, by focusing on your first sentence I somehow missed the point, doesn't that mean your first sentence was pointless?
Constructive criticism and helpful information are positive impacts

The implication is that every post Massa has made has none of these
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #645024

Archie700 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:32 am

read the next sentence

Archie, I don't think I've ever walked away from one of your posts thinking it had a positive impact on the forum.

In fact, I think your post here has only made this forum a worst place, especially given that you are not providing either constructive criticism, nor helpful information.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #645025

I am closing tgstation forums
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #645028

dang bans have really gone off the deep-end lately, huh

edit: nvm I just remembered they always were
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #645030

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:04 am I am closing tgstation forums
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #645032

Hey you know what would be swag?

LIke really swag?

Super-duper swag?

Snipping quotes.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #645035

san7890 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:37 am -Snip-
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645036

It's for the best.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #645037

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am
It's for the best.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #645044

Isn't it kind of racist to call this "tribalism"?
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #645062

Replace it with a tumblr blog run by the headmins
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #645063

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:43 pm Isn't it kind of racist to call this "tribalism"?
How?
► Show Spoiler
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #645064

I love going onto the official /tg/station forums player's club for quality and productive discourse.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #645065

MrAlphonzo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:23 pm I love going onto the official /tg/station forums player's club for quality and productive discourse.
And I'm sure the players love walking into your appeals for a reasonable and fair discourse!

With reciprocating regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #645067

MrAlphonzo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:23 pm I love going onto the official /tg/station forums player's club for quality and productive discourse.
Quality post incoming.

Mr Melbert has been pushing for reduced hostility between tg servers for two headmin cycles. It is literally the first point they campaign'd on.

viewtopic.php?p=630489#p630489

As someone who used to main Terry and them migrated to Manuel (and liked it) I'd like to offer some insight.

Some of it is bants that get out if hand. I suspect this new policy

There's a general sense of alienation with the admin team on Terry, which has got worse now that Naloac (a terrymin), a previous headmin, has deadminned. Other notable terrymins have also left.

There is a common theme that other admins just don't get terry. This all coincided with MRP candidates being elected as player choice headmins.

Mr Melbert themself has said they are mainly a MRP candidate and if I remember correctly they are the player candidate.

With Manuel and Terry being different timezone it's difficult for people to have community presence on both, which has helped created to separate communities.

MRP is a pretty recent addition to TG and it has come to dominate it in a short time.

Anyway for brevity and to stay on topic I have left out manuel hostility to terry, campbell and coding needs.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #645070

Farquaar wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 pm
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:43 pm Isn't it kind of racist to call this "tribalism"?
How?
It's kind of insulting to members of actual tribes.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #645071

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:36 pm
How?
I think you’ll have to elaborate further
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #645073

Farquaar wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:19 am
How?
Not all tribes are hostile towards outsiders
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #645075

chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:59 pm
Quality post incoming.

Mr Melbert has been pushing for reduced hostility between tg servers for two headmin cycles. It is literally the first point they campaign'd on.

viewtopic.php?p=630489#p630489

As someone who used to main Terry and them migrated to Manuel (and liked it) I'd like to offer some insight.

Some of it is bants that get out if hand. I suspect this new policy

There's a general sense of alienation with the admin team on Terry, which has got worse now that Naloac (a terrymin), a previous headmin, has deadminned. Other notable terrymins have also left.

There is a common theme that other admins just don't get terry. This all coincided with MRP candidates being elected as player choice headmins.

Mr Melbert themself has said they are mainly a MRP candidate and if I remember correctly they are the player candidate.

With Manuel and Terry being different timezone it's difficult for people to have community presence on both, which has helped created to separate communities.

MRP is a pretty recent addition to TG and it has come to dominate it in a short time.

Anyway for brevity and to stay on topic I have left out manuel hostility to terry, campbell and coding needs.
What is there to get about terry? it ended up with the admins and players who thought saying the n word was funny, i.e. the hippie shitter that came here when it got btfo.

The only alienation they're feeling is the feeling of not being wanted
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #645076

Tearling wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:49 am
Archie700 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:32 am

read the next sentence

Archie, I don't think I've ever walked away from one of your posts thinking it had a positive impact on the forum.

In fact, I think your post here has only made this forum a worst place, especially given that you are not providing either constructive criticism, nor helpful information.
True.
But this whole reply chain didn't have a positive impact over anything.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #645081

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:47 am
Farquaar wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:19 am
How?
Not all tribes are hostile towards outsiders
Tribe doesn't nessicarly mean a primitive clan of people. The word tribe originally mean "group of likeminded individuals that have a leader" during its inception in Rome. The word tribe was used to describe indigenous ethnic groups by imperialists. "Tribalism" refers to the definition of the word tribe, and not the groups of people who are described as such.
If anything, calling tight nit ethnic groups tribes could be considered racist if you were talking to a particularly fractious person, as it carries negative connotations in some aspects.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #645083

I dewalt masonry drillbit 3/8in drilled into the headmins secret IRC channel by leveraging information i had on the whereabouts of the real slim shady to gain access to the cia backdoor to the interwebz and basically headmins are going to close this thread !!SCREENCAP THIS!!
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #645084

BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:01 pm
-snip-
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #645085

MY EYES HURT PLEASE ONLY JUST A BIT OF CONTEXT TO WHAT YOU'RE REPLYING TO OH MY FUCKING GOD
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #645087

san7890 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:18 am MY EYES HURT PLEASE ONLY JUST A BIT OF CONTEXT TO WHAT YOU'RE REPLYING TO OH MY FUCKING GOD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHP4fpwjO-o
Living God

Extraordinary Person

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #645089

san7890 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:18 am MY EYES HURT PLEASE ONLY JUST A BIT OF CONTEXT TO WHAT YOU'RE REPLYING TO OH MY FUCKING GOD
Hello San,

if you are replying to the latest post, which was left by MrAlphonzo, then I will be happy to deliver you its context, in which I was involved in.

For the context, this was MrAlphonzo's reply to my message:
MrAlphonzo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:37 am Image
The message that was replied to was:
BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:01 pm
And I'm sure the players love walking into your appeals for a reasonable and fair discourse!

With reciprocating regards
-BONERMASTER

I hope that clears it up, and that their reply now makes sense to you. If it does, please let me know what it means.

With contextual regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #645090

BONERMASTER wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:20 am
-snip-

Hello San,

if you are replying to the latest post, which was left by MrAlphonzo, then I will be happy to deliver you its context, in which I was involved in.

-snip-
I was not replying to your latest post- apologies for being obtuse.

I am referring to stuff like this, which is a general sentiment that can not be directed at any one person since everyone in this thread is doing it. The following example is the most recent, and therefore most egregious example in this thread (since they tend to pick up and snowball a shitload of replies):

I would rather have a small, singular quote with minor context (as anyone is then able to click on the blue arrow in the quote to get to the full message), rather than encapsulate an entire conversation inside an infinite spiral of information that does nothing but just add scroll time.

Thank you for your time BONERMASTER, as it allowed me the opportunity to further expand on my frustrations.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #645097

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:14 am What is there to get about terry? it ended up with the admins and players who thought saying the n word was funny, i.e. the hippie shitter that came here when it got btfo.

Terry still has players despite Merchant Station being a thing. The entire population also managed to avoid a permaban since MSO said no to racism in september 2020. Clearly 'being racist' is not Terry's only attraction.

Your post is the same cringe as Massa's, except rather than "Manuel ban on level of fulp" it's "All Terry players are racist".

If you want an in-depth read on Terry culture talk to the admins that main there.

The point I am trying to make and that you have also often made in other topics, is that players have no say over the community, only staff do. This means admins often represent for the players and admins that main a certain server represent that servers population.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #645144

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:14 am
What is there to get about terry? it ended up with the admins and players who thought saying the n word was funny, i.e. the hippie shitter that came here when it got btfo.

woah man. cool it with the excessive toxic server tribalism