Mashallah nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Mashallah nut

Post by Archie700 » #654092

Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Mashallah nut

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #654096

He makes a good case, and I feel like this is a pretty clear cut appeal unless the banning admin has some good ass evidence.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654099

unban this man
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #654101

I'mma point out that the suicide bomb did in fact go off so it sounds, I say without actually reading logs or anything at all, like the Manuelites had their bomb coming

(but also probably don't make a deadman switch unless you're an antag or there's a loud antag known already)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #654104

this level of ban appeal deserved a funnier nut title than mashallah
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #654122

after reading the appeal thoroughly now as funny as it is i think the player honestly did nothing wrong

even the bombing part. it is incredibly annoying to have to kill someone who constantly hangs around a group of metabuddies and never leaves. when this player was lynched by such a group, his bomb went off, killing them and (presumably) also his target. you sorta have to kill multiple people in this scenario. keeping the ban as-is is giving metaprots to people that hang out in groups through a weird interpretation of the murderbone rule.

as an aside - that fuckin manuel policy ruling on destructive sabotage could not come any sooner. headmins should expedite that since this is the second appeal that involves it
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #654124

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:55 pm after reading the appeal thoroughly now as funny as it is i think the player honestly did nothing wrong

even the bombing part. it is incredibly annoying to have to kill someone who constantly hangs around a group of metabuddies and never leaves. when this player was lynched by such a group, his bomb went off, killing them and (presumably) also his target. you sorta have to kill multiple people in this scenario. keeping the ban as-is is giving metaprots to people that hang out in groups through a weird interpretation of the murderbone rule.

as an aside - that fuckin manuel policy ruling on destructive sabotage could not come any sooner. headmins should expedite that since this is the second appeal that involves it
Bombs as a way to assassinate a well-protected target or as a way to ensure your own safety (or at least vengeance on validhuners) are great, yes

Based even

Goated with the sauce

But making a deadman switch bomb whether you're an antag or not, i.e. prepping for attacks without reason to be cautious of attacks, does not fly. It's too much even on Sybil, and on Manuel it's a pretty damn iffy for any nonantag on Manuel, no matter what the current threats.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654125

exploding is cool and im tired of pretending its not
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #654135

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:22 pm But making a deadman switch bomb whether you're an antag or not, i.e. prepping for attacks without reason to be cautious of attacks, does not fly. It's too much even on Sybil, and on Manuel it's a pretty damn iffy for any nonantag on Manuel, no matter what the current threats.
He only did it after he was an antag.

All that aside, I think the note should be completely stricken as, as I pointed out in the appeal, collateral damage is literally covered as Not Murderboning.

Which is kinda funny, actually. We literally have it in the rules that you could yeet a bomb into Medbay to kill your target and not be considered murderbone, but I guarantee someone'd get banned if they did that.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #654136

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #654138

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:22 pm But making a deadman switch bomb whether you're an antag or not, i.e. prepping for attacks without reason to be cautious of attacks, does not fly. It's too much even on Sybil, and on Manuel it's a pretty damn iffy for any nonantag on Manuel, no matter what the current threats.

All that aside, I think the note should be completely stricken as, as I pointed out in the appeal, collateral damage is literally covered as Not Murderboning.

Which is kinda funny, actually. We literally have it in the rules that you could yeet a bomb into Medbay to kill your target and not be considered murderbone, but I guarantee someone'd get banned if they did that.
Oh, I misread the thing about it

Free him
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654144

i played ss13 when bombs could split the station in half and gib people, leaving them without body OR brain, completely unrevivable, no takebacks, and people would chug coffee and try to spacewalk to the evac shuttle

nowadays someone gets blown up and they ahelp because their body is slightly chilly and will take an extra minute to revive because the paramedic needs to get his eva suit on
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #654159

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:59 am this level of ban appeal deserved a funnier nut title than mashallah
I was going to name it "I'm not racist, I have black friends peanut"
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #654170

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:22 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:55 pm after reading the appeal thoroughly now as funny as it is i think the player honestly did nothing wrong

Bombs as a way to assassinate a well-protected target or as a way to ensure your own safety (or at least vengeance on validhuners) are great, yes

Based even

Goated with the sauce

But making a deadman switch bomb whether you're an antag or not, i.e. prepping for attacks without reason to be cautious of attacks, does not fly. It's too much even on Sybil, and on Manuel it's a pretty damn iffy for any nonantag on Manuel, no matter what the current threats.
will you yell at people for doing this? I had to code out instant assembly bombs a while ago because deadmans were such cancer and none was stopping people. I wonder if the admin team's changed enough to make it work
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #654174

i think in the process of trying to make the server a safe place free of bigotry the admins accidentally curated a white-only suburbia because if people try to RP as black guys or apparently muslim guys they could get banned for rule 11
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654193

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:29 am i think in the process of trying to make the server a safe place free of bigotry the admins accidentally curated a white-only suburbia because if people try to RP as black guys or apparently muslim guys they could get banned for rule 11
not true you're forgetting that one guy, i think his name is jamal skywalker or something. plays like an absolute shithead tider all round and constantly speaks in african american vernacular english
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #654200

TheFinalPotato wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:57 am will you yell at people for doing this? I had to code out instant assembly bombs a while ago because deadmans were such cancer and none was stopping people. I wonder if the admin team's changed enough to make it work
On god, I will comb the logs to compare when someone assembled their bomb to what people were talking about on the radio and what they were personally near, comparing timestamps and coordinates, to see if they really made it only when they had a legitimate cause for concern, as long as the logging is robust enough

Antags should not have to crit people and stripsearch their bags before they can safely confirm their kills (and nonantags should not be packing anything with a Devastation radius on their bodies unless they're, like, being shenaniganed into being Bomb-Carrying Dogs during War Ops)
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #654201

Aw man now I miss insta bombs. Wish there was a way we could make them only apply to explosives and still make sense. At least traitors can still use em with c4.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #654204

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:41 pm
i played ss13 when bombs could split the station in half and gib people, leaving them without body OR brain, completely unrevivable, no takebacks, and people would chug coffee and try to spacewalk to the evac shuttle

nowadays someone gets blown up and they ahelp because their body is slightly chilly and will take an extra minute to revive because the paramedic needs to get his eva suit on
fun times to be had by all
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #654215

murderbone rules need a rewrite because the way its written is bad it doesnt even let people kill outside of objec- i mean it doesnt let you sabo- i mean it doesnt let you bom-

It was written to address many of the things that people want a rewrite for, the problem has always been enforcement (else I would just fix the offending parts as i've done in the past).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #654225

Cobby wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:07 pm

murderbone rules need a rewrite because the way its written is bad it doesnt even let people kill outside of objec- i mean it doesnt let you sabo- i mean it doesnt let you bom-

It was written to address many of the things that people want a rewrite for, the problem has always been enforcement (else I would just fix the offending parts as i've done in the past).
I tried for a very long time to promote the reasonings that were present when the rewrite you did happened. The admin roster changes, people with agendas come around, whatever else, and I just don't have the time to even see a third of the cases for this kind of thing anymore to try and encourage those kinds of approaches.

It doesn't help that people just make it into way too serious of a production than it really needs to be rather than something simple and easy. And I say this across the board, not just aiming at a specific group, just any conversations about it.
Hugs
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #654251

Cobby wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:07 pm

It'd be nice to see it being handled properly. Unfortunately for the guy in this appeal though, I think his case is already over before I spoke up so I doubt it'll be taken into consideration.

I used to be one of those people who thought any non-objective kill was bad, but like. Antags should be spooky, and I think it should mostly just exist so that you aren't silent .357'd by some dude with zero interaction who didn't even have a reason to kill you, rather than restricting antags from doing antagonist things.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #654272

Cobby wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:07 pm murderbone rules need a rewrite because the way its written is bad it doesnt even let people kill outside of objec- i mean it doesnt let you sabo- i mean it doesnt let you bom-

It's getting one. It's manifested as a complete rewrite though, since the current murderbone rules makes the mistake of classifying a single kill as murderbone:
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Roleplay_Rules wrote: Murderboning IS:
random killing without regard for or in direct violation of one's objectives
killing someone and being unable to explain why without going into deep hypotheticals such as "they could find the body if they happened to walk across the station to the opposite corner of the map", or “because I can (as antag)”
killing anyone without justification
The RP rules redefine murderbone from its classic definition of "trying to depopulate the entire station" to instead mean "killing a single person outside of objectives without being able to explain". And that's one of the key problems. In order to do anything interesting outside of your objectives, you have to ask the admin team for permission. The admin will not give you permission because it puts the admin on the hook if things go wrong. This absolutely gargantuan fuckup in drafting the murderbone rules has led to them being unfit for purpose.

Every clause allowing someone to kill (collateral is fine) has a counter-clause allowing the admin to bwoink (maximising bodycount is not). This means tactics like waiting for the shuttle to bomb your target get caught in catch 22 limbo where you have to hope one of the good admins takes the ticket at shift end and tells everyone to fuck off because they were bombing their target, instead of one of the gatekeeping admins that thinks waiting for the shuttle to bomb your target easily is murderbone via maximising bodycount.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/User:Timberpoes was the working draft of the rewrite as of last term. The current term are, to my knowledge, continuing to work with it and making their own adjustments. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31528 is the thread linked with it. It avoids using the word murderbone entirely due to how utterly cursed it is through 2 years of misuse on MRP.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #654277

boning is different for every person its not really a "misuse" when the arbitrary number doesnt match with my arbitrary number. Quantifying it to any degree is a misplace of what the idea of the rule was trying to accomplish in the first place, which is doing it for no other reason except for the sole purpose to ruin someone's round. "I can freekill five people before admins get onto me" makes less sense than "I can kill anyone so long as i can explain it". Ive said numerous occassions to just change it to "kill policy", which doesnt really warrant an extensive rewrite.

The problem here seems to be admins not reading the standard of what I meant by "maximizing the kill count", which I can agree could potentially be reworded but also doesnt require a massive rewrite. heck, the standard for what I was trying to convey is in the same sentence (the example of placing a body in public to mow down people) so shouldnt be hard. That certainly is better than what is suppose to be ascertained by a player when it comes to "Relaxed escalation", which will also be an adminwho fiesta since even normal escalation is one. There is no point of acting like we can set a measurable standard for what every admin will tolerate, so I dont really see what the issue is with giving people the reality of asking for permission vs asking for forgiveness when doing the former relies on admin whims and results in you unable to play the game if they are unfavorable.

edit: i left shortly after that thread was created but some people said some wild things in that thread that you can easily point to the rules, push up ur glasses, and check them. "People cant touch [witnesses] and they abuse that by not saying anything until you left [so the rules need to be rewritten]" was a personal favorite.
Last edited by Cobby on Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #654282

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:29 am i think in the process of trying to make the server a safe place free of bigotry the admins accidentally curated a white-only suburbia because if people try to RP as black guys or apparently muslim guys they could get banned for rule 11
"Muslim guy with a suicide bomb" is pretty sketchy, though.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #654284

Vekter wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:04 am
"Muslim guy with a suicide bomb" is pretty sketchy, though.
You saying only white people can use suicide bombs vekter?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #654285

Cobby wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:23 am boning is different for every person its not really a "misuse" when the arbitrary number doesnt match with my arbitrary number. Quantifying it to any degree is a misplace of what the idea of the rule was trying to accomplish in the first place, which is doing it for no other reason except for the sole purpose to ruin someone's round. "I can freekill five people before admins get onto me" makes less sense than "I can kill anyone so long as i can explain it". Ive said numerous occassions to just change it to "kill policy", which doesnt really warrant an extensive rewrite.

The problem here seems to be admins not reading the standard of what I meant by "maximizing the kill count", which I can agree could potentially be reworded but also doesnt require a massive rewrite. heck, the standard for what I was trying to convey is in the same sentence (the example of placing a body in public to mow down people) so shouldnt be hard. That certainly is better than what is suppose to be ascertained by a player when it comes to "Relaxed escalation", which will also be an adminwho fiesta since even normal escalation is one. There is no point of acting like we can set a measurable standard for what every admin will tolerate, so I dont really see what the issue is with giving people the reality of asking for permission vs asking for forgiveness when doing the former relies on admin whims and results in you unable to play the game if they are unfavorable.
Preach babes
Hugs
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #654297

Cobby wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:23 am boning is different for every person its not really a "misuse" when the arbitrary number doesnt match with my arbitrary number. Quantifying it to any degree is a misplace of what the idea of the rule was trying to accomplish in the first place, which is doing it for no other reason except for the sole purpose to ruin someone's round. "I can freekill five people before admins get onto me" makes less sense than "I can kill anyone so long as i can explain it". Ive said numerous occassions to just change it to "kill policy", which doesnt really warrant an extensive rewrite.

The problem here seems to be admins not reading the standard of what I meant by "maximizing the kill count", which I can agree could potentially be reworded but also doesnt require a massive rewrite.
One of the issues I find that comes up a lot is you want to murder one person, say, whether it's for an objective or whatever else. Then maybe their coworker defends them, so you kill them too. Now sec is after you and maybe some members of command for good measure. Now the crew is watching you murder seccies and heads of staff right and left so they lend their hand too.

Before you know it you get angry people in dchat ahelping about someone "murderboning" when in reality all they intended was to kill one or two people. Now the admins have quite the mess. Lots of people are mad and are ahelping, and you killed several people outside your objectives - some admins might consider that textbook murderbone. Why weren't you more stealthy? Why didn't you just run away instead of fighting?

I think these sort of fringe cases are a really bad idea to leave up to the individual admin. I liked Timber's take on it. If you have a reason that isn't just "I want frags," it's not boning. I think Timber even gave the example of killing someone for being too nice which was pretty awesome.
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #654298

Unlocking antagonistic reasons to escalate against and kill others was a key goal. By being an antagonist you should be able to roleplay as someone nefarious or genuinely evil. You should be able to do nefarious and evil things.

The problem with redefining murderbone to not mean murderbone, is that every admin already knows what murderbone means and can enforce it on LRP low pop. The RP rules definition of it is wild.

When you redefine a word away from its ordinary and naturally accepted meaning (nobody on LRP would say a person that racked up a victim count of 1 was murderboning) to something totally differet, why go all surprised pikachu when nothing else makes sense?
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #654305

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:11 am One of the issues I find that comes up a lot is you want to murder one person, say, whether it's for an objective or whatever else. Then maybe their coworker defends them, so you kill them too. Now sec is after you and maybe some members of command for good measure. Now the crew is watching you murder seccies and heads of staff right and left so they lend their hand too.

Before you know it you get angry people in dchat ahelping about someone "murderboning" when in reality all they intended was to kill one or two people. Now the admins have quite the mess. Lots of people are mad and are ahelping, and you killed several people outside your objectives - some admins might consider that textbook murderbone. Why weren't you more stealthy? Why didn't you just run away instead of fighting?

I think these sort of fringe cases are a really bad idea to leave up to the individual admin. I liked Timber's take on it. If you have a reason that isn't just "I want frags," it's not boning. I think Timber even gave the example of killing someone for being too nice which was pretty awesome.
theres nothing wrong with leveling the station hence why I stress the sheer number of people you killed doesnt matter, its why you did it that does. If you kill someone just for no other reason but "im antag", thats entirely disinteresting for the party involved but would be "okay" if we want to take the word to mean X number of people killed. This is why "murderboning" is a terrible word to use in general because everyone has their alloted threshold as something different, when the entire point of the rule was to avoid the uninteresting picking people off just because you get funny text (which mind you is still possible in MRP depending on what role you have).

People being upset they died isnt the metric either. The admins only have a mess if they cant say "rule 10", because every kill in the scenario falls under the ones explicitly allowed. "murdering outside of the objective wholesale is banned" is a disingenuous take of the rule as written or in spirit of what its trying to curb, hence why I say its an enforcement issue.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:05 am Unlocking antagonistic reasons to escalate against and kill others was a key goal. By being an antagonist you should be able to roleplay as someone nefarious or genuinely evil. You should be able to do nefarious and evil things.

The problem with redefining murderbone to not mean murderbone, is that every admin already knows what murderbone means and can enforce it on LRP low pop. The RP rules definition of it is wild.

When you redefine a word away from its ordinary and naturally accepted meaning (nobody on LRP would say a person that racked up a victim count of 1 was murderboning) to something totally differet, why go all surprised pikachu when nothing else makes sense?
The rules already say relaxed escalation is permissible. You CAN roleplay as someone nefarious or genuinely evil. You CAN do nefarious and evil things. This is so long as you abide by the rule as written with the understanding of what its trying to actually curb (as with say escalation).

The reality of what we actually want curbed (picking off people uninterestingly FNR) can only be loosely measured on either number or objective, I can accept we might disagree on which one is better but to me it is more intuitive for someone to kill a non-objective so long as its relative to the end goal vs. I can always freekill 5, 6 if its funny, and 7 if its REALLY funny BUT funny is determined by the adminwho button and you get banned for not passing the vibe check.

Its not fair for players when admins act like they will allow all these neat murder-enabling gimmicks post-stationwipe when the same admins supposedly struggle with comparing the situation of "laying a body out intentionally so you can pick people off since 'oh no theyre a witness' " with simply using an item that causes bystanders to get hurt in the crossfire to complete your objective even when its explicitly permissible to do so. It is, to me, unreasonable to expect forgiveness over simply asking for permission when the result ends up with good-faith actors getting banned.

Im unable to respond to the rest of the post because i dont know how to explain "I am ok with just changing it to antag kill policy and remove the offending word" any better. Its not an argument for a rewrite, its an argument for pressing the find/replace button. Im NOT arguing that the word murderbone SHOULD mean 1 kill is bad, although i may be arguing that the spirit of what the rule about murderboning should curb would include an antag freekilling (completely out of the blue for no reason byond "I can") even 1 individual.

edit: none of this is to say the rule is perfectly written, the single statement of "maximizing kill count" can definitely be articulated better and probably other areas as well. It doesnt warrant a massive rewrite though.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #654394

I think it's simple. First of all don't call the rule in MRP murderboning, it's not murderboning unless the player intends to kill people on a station wide level, don't muddy the waters.
Honestly I think the intent behind the rule on MRP is to stop people from maxcapping, plasma flooding, or murdering everyone who doesn't want to be involved. MRP is basically the more sandbox version of tgstation is it not, and if the station gets crippled it's no longer that.
For MRP, killing as an antagonist is allowed when
1. It is an objective.
2. They interfere with the antagonist (this includes self defense).
3. They are collateral damage (but this can't be done on a station wide or department wide level- rooms are acceptable).
I'm pretty sure this fixes the problem of MRP being a ridiculous hugbox server while making it far less likely that you'll be murdered randomly while playing MRP allowing you to spend more time on autism projects. It also doesn't autoban people for using bombs strategically or using deadman's switches etc.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #654407

Also I hate to give fulp credit for anything but their internal affairs agent is probably a good match for Manuel. ie kill your objective with no collateral damage because you work for nanotrasen undercover. Seems like that could fix the issue ICly if that was made the most common antag on Manuel.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #654433

the intent is to stop wordlessly picking off people in the most benign way possible without any rhyme or reason just because you got funny text, at least according to the person who wrote it. No person who cares about roleplay is going to go "woot i got killed again as part of the allowable kill limit for no reason" but things like "oh I was caught in the crossfire of someone taking out their target" or "oh I saw something I shouldnt" are at least palpable reasons to be killed off and have to wait for the hour+.

your exceptions for when an antag can kill are in the rules already, except we go a lot further for 1 in that you can kill people who are proxy to your objective (someone holding your objective or someone that lets you gain access to a place where your objective is located). Well at least the rules do, idk about the enforcement of said rules.

Its like trying to reinvent the wheel when all you have to do is crank the car, the fix is easy and you already covered like 50% of the gripe with your first sentence when we have people trying to upend the entirety of it.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #654507

Come to terry and you get the full multicultural experience.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #654511

I assume by the full multicultural experience you mean slurs against ethnic groups so specific you didn't know they even had their own slurs
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #654527

Every time I see someone play a black character it comes uncomfortably close to offensive stereotype or greytider.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #654556

even black people irl dont play black people in the game, whiteys are so self centered.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #654606

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:55 pm I assume by the full multicultural experience you mean slurs against ethnic groups so specific you didn't know they even had their own slurs
Although this is a funny joke it's not what I mean. On Terry we have a genuinely large mix of ethnic groups that play. Sweeping all the way around from North Africa to eastern Europe to the west. It genuinely is a terrific mix. Notes/bans like this simply scream; white American who hasn't ever met other cultures. These are terms used often in conversation and thrown around quite a lot on terry by people from these ethnic groups. This can occur even when bombing but are you really going to sit there and tell someone who is north africa that they can't say that because it might be offensive? (to whomst, white people??)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654615

kieth4 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:03 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:55 pm I assume by the full multicultural experience you mean slurs against ethnic groups so specific you didn't know they even had their own slurs
Although this is a funny joke it's not what I mean. On Terry we have a genuinely large mix of ethnic groups that play. Sweeping all the way around from North Africa to eastern Europe to the west. It genuinely is a terrific mix. Notes/bans like this simply scream; white American who hasn't ever met other cultures. These are terms used often in conversation and thrown around quite a lot on terry by people from these ethnic groups. This can occur even when bombing but are you really going to sit there and tell someone who is north africa that they can't say that because it might be offensive? (to whomst, white people??)
damn bro sounds like you really fucking hate white people
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #654620

‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #654631

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:29 pm
Literally all of those geographic locations of ethnic origin are classified as white in the USA.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #654638

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:29 am
Literally all of those geographic locations of ethnic origin are classified as white in the USA.
Me when I am a white Moroccan or Turk. :twisted:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654646

yeah and this guy is mad that "white americans who haven't met other cultures" won't let him play Derkader Muhammed Allah McSuicidevest because it might offend the dang cracker honkey americans. terryites are weird sorts.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #654647

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:01 pm
yeah and this guy is mad that "white americans who haven't met other cultures" won't let him play Derkader Muhammed Allah McSuicidevest because it might offend the dang cracker honkey americans. terryites are weird sorts.
Yes because this ban appeal is about "Derkader Muhammed Allah McSuicidevest" as you so tactfully put it and not saying "Mashallah" which is an incredibly common phrase. I'm sure that by purposefully misrepresenting what was said you're really showing those terry players!!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654652

my post isn't about the ban appeal dipshit it's about you being a fucking europoor going UGH TERRY IS THE BEST SERVER BECAUSE WE CAN BANTER AND CALL EACH OTHER SAND NIGGER AND GYPSY STREEET RAT FUCKING AMERICANS ARE TOO SENSITIVE

learn context clues you fucking dumb fuck
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #654655

Welcome to the players club
MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:27 am Rules will be enforced as if this was a hybrid between general chat and off topic for now, This will get refined in due time.
Global Forum Rules [Updated 21/08/21]
MrStonedOne wrote: Tue May 06, 2014 3:09 pm Global Forum Rules:

When in doubt about any of these rules, ask the mods.
  • 6. We are here to have fun, if you are not having fun, maybe it would be best for you to take a break
    • If you consistently cause drama, we may ask (read: ban) that you take a break, and may also require that you abandon your old identity should we allow you to come back.
  • 7. Please be respectful of other users. You can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
Pretty please remember that we're here supposedly to have fun, and that you can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #654657

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:06 pm my post isn't about the ban appeal dipshit it's about you being a fucking europoor going UGH TERRY IS THE BEST SERVER BECAUSE WE CAN BANTER AND CALL EACH OTHER SAND NIGGER AND GYPSY STREEET RAT FUCKING AMERICANS ARE TOO SENSITIVE

learn context clues you fucking dumb fuck
Once again, I never said that nor did I imply this at all. I think it's an incredible reach even to suggest it. How can you compare "Mashallah" to "Sand Nigger" and "Gypsy street rat". My whole point was we have that sort of language (Mashallah) on terry as we have a large amount of people from cultures that use words like Mashallah on a daily basis. The point was that policing the language like that would be funny as it's often arabs or turks themselves saying it. You somehow took this and started trying to stir shit taking incredible leaps to justify yourself. You don't seem like you're quite mentally sound at the moment, please consider taking a break.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #654660

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:06 pm learn context clues you fucking dumb fuck
This is delightfully ironic, because you seem to be the only one here who's misunderstanding the context. Almost like it's deliberate.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #654662

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:31 pm Welcome to the players club
MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:27 am Rules will be enforced as if this was a hybrid between general chat and off topic for now, This will get refined in due time.
Global Forum Rules [Updated 21/08/21]
MrStonedOne wrote: Tue May 06, 2014 3:09 pm Global Forum Rules:

When in doubt about any of these rules, ask the mods.
  • 6. We are here to have fun, if you are not having fun, maybe it would be best for you to take a break
    • If you consistently cause drama, we may ask (read: ban) that you take a break, and may also require that you abandon your old identity should we allow you to come back.
  • 7. Please be respectful of other users. You can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
Pretty please remember that we're here supposedly to have fun, and that you can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
ok i'll try my best thank you for the warning so i could course correct timberpoes
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #654675

Archie700 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:24 pm Every time I see someone play a black character it comes uncomfortably close to offensive stereotype or greytider.
"Black people are basically irl tiders"
Just had a glimpse of the future just wait for /pol/ to start spreading that one and SS13 gets a page over at the ADL.
Image Image