Post by Jamal2 » #654962

Jamal 2.0
N/A
N/A
Permanent
Ban evasion
terry or sybil
N/A
So i killed a guy as a non antag then got banned and i thought it was a perma ban so i tryed to ban evade that ban and worked and then i was banned again but permenatly
Because i am a bit better at following the servers rules and just wanna second chance.
Bee station, paradise station, Ather station.
Last edited by Jamal2 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: banned

Post by iain0 » #655024

Hi there, your application of the appeals template is ... not the best :) That said I'm not going to be pedantic and force you to keep at it, there's nothing too complicated in all this.

For the record you were originally given this ban:
2022-07-25 21:22:22 - iain0 - Terry
Banned from the server for 2 days - As a non antag RD seems to have gone on a bit of a shooty spree with a mech ; no-one could explain why and player was ahelped against and was not online to answer questions. Please appeal on the forums if you have a good explanation for this. Thanks.
followed by the permaban
2022-07-26 18:30:34 - iain0 - Terry
Banned from the server permanently - Ban evasion under ckey Mynamejefff round 187331. Once more, feel free to go appeal on the forums.
I'm not too bothered about the original infraction at this point, obviously don't go around shooting people for no reason, mech or not, and similarly the evasion its self is kinda silly, getting caught evading a 2 day ban and thus getting an automatic permaban doesn't make a lot of sense, so I'm inclined to buy your assumption that your original account had been permaed ; this doesn't make your actions any better ultimately but its unlikely you'd have taken the risk if you'd realised it was only 2 days. That said it does imply you would try evade if you felt it necessary and I'll advise against this, getting caught doing that a second time is unlikely to be viewed so leniently (depending on the handling admin). Next time please attempt to reach out to someone say on discord #help and get more details about your ban if you're unsure, they'll be able to point you to e.g. https://atlantaned.space/ where you can view your bans and tickets and appealing if appropriate/necessary from there.

Otherwise, I'll unban you and leave this thread open for a couple of days so you can get back to me if you have any issues getting in. Please try avoid the mistakes here in future.