[DISCORD] oilysnake#0258

Appeals which have been closed.
oilysnake
Byond Username: Oilysnake

[DISCORD] oilysnake#0258

Post by oilysnake » #655677

Discord username: oilysnake#0258
Ban reason: I don't know the exact reason but it was probably for posting vague instructions on the synthesis of methaqualone (QUALUUUUDES)
Time ban was placed: This morning? Probably. I didn't get a ban message just can't rejoin (but don't have the 'you have been banned' message from trying to rejoin either.
Your side of the story: There was a discussion about ban appeals and how people were afraid to appeal bans because they thought the ban might 'get worse' if you appeal it. I brought up Korol's case and how it was stupid he was banned for something of that nature but far worse (he posted nuke making instructions). I used my Orgo Chem knowledge to make a few messages on how to create Quaaludes from Anthranilic acid (you can't buy this, anywhere, at all, it's like methylamine-tier hard to get) and o-Toluidine (fucking kills you instantly if you get it). I pushed my luck and ate a ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm really. Really sorry for this. I pressed my luck way too far and I fucked up, I'm willing to admit that. Can it just be a temporary ban instead of permanent? I promise I won't do it again, it was really fucking stupid. It's my first offense on the discord IIRC and I'm praying for some leniancy...?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [DISCORD] oilysnake#0258

Post by Timberpoes » #655679

⁨Case #749 | Ban
Reason: Posted chemistry instructions they claim create an illegal substance. Appeal on the forums after 2 weeks.
Gwyn#8982 (153570003092766720)

One of our other admemes has pinged Gwyn on the Discord to let them know this is their ban.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Re: [DISCORD] oilysnake#0258

Post by Gwyn » #655681

Not a permaban, don't worry. I specified in the ban reason it was 2 weeks, just give me a message on the 18th to unban you.

When you post chemistry instructions like these, not everyone can tell whether this actually makes what it says it does, makes some sort of dangerous reaction or is completely made up like in this instance. But if it is something illegal, we could be on the hook from discord policy. Please don't make a joke like this again.