All spacemen go to heaven

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

All spacemen go to heaven

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #657143

Or do they?
Is that really what they deserve?

Life after death for spacemen is canonical, ghosts can be made visible, and in edge cases interacted with, but people do not remember their time as a ghost when reseructed. But do lost souls eventually move out to the great byond? Or are they forced to wander space purgatory.
I think it would be unfair to say all spacemen go to hell, however we know that hell, demons, and devils canonically exist. Because of this we can assume that some souls may get drawn down to the deepest pits, but perhaps these are beings of raw evil energy rather than corrupted human souls. On the other hand, the old devil game mode saw people who signed contracts who had died come back as imps post mortem, so maybe infernal nature can only be achieved by a pact of some sort, or other dark ritual. Nar-sie can bind dead souls into harvesters by her mere presence, and cultists can corrupt souls into servitors.

But there is no angles. No ascension, with the exception of the medical wrench, but even that only ends up with the soul being released as a ghost.

Where do the ghosts go when their client logs off, or assumes a different player character ghost role? Do they fade into great nothingness, do they ascend? Where do the eternal lives oh the unfortunate spacemen go.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: All spacemen go to heaven

Post by Kendrickorium » #657147

ghosts retain all the collective knowledge of all previous lives of the spaceman

centcom collects ghost and puts it back in spacemans body after cloning
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #657152

when a spessman truly dies, the operator of their ghost goes outside and touches grass
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #657158

Reincarnation
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #657187

Spessman are trapped in a fake reality.

Once they enter the round, they develop false memories of their origin, but, in reality, all forms are born from the fable 0,0 origin point. They fail to realize they are just playing a 2D pixel game made by a high school grad, trapped since their creation. Their brains can only have so much knowledge at a time. Yes, they have personality, and self awareness, sometimes, but they are limited by the ghost they control.

When they die, their limits of knowledge are released, no longer sharing a fraction of their knowledge, but being the very soul of what is controlling the character, while the personality is developed in a incursion.The ghosts are their masters, and the characters are puppets. Without one or another, the links are destroyed.

Ghosts are already aware of this, controlling their character. But another element at play is that, without a ghost, can a character ever break from their ghost? Failing that, can the character merge with their master? Can the character, at least, have a unlimited knowledge of the reality they are in?

edit: why did I write a paragraph of ss13 lore holy sh
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #657247

as evidenced by the fact that ghosts still wander the station after death, I'd say they're either in hell or purgatory - the ghost disappearing is simply to go to another purgatory (its called "going outside irl you fucking goon")

unfortunately sinfulbliss is stuck in the cycle of reincarnation as hes so full of sin (see: name) and is therefore forced by divine energies to play 20 rounds a day or whatever his current average is
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #657249

Gordon Spessman dies in All Spacemen go to Heaven 2.

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #657251

What happens to admins?
Do they just forever get stuck in purgatory as a god?
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #657255

Epicgamer545 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:45 pm What happens to admins?
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Ashenzari
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #657347

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:45 pm What happens to admins?
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Ashenzari
Literally any other god except Ignis please
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.