My sacred greenshift has been tampered with.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

My sacred greenshift has been tampered with.

Post by Turbonerd » #659091

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=32968

Honestly it has been months since I saw a greenshift, and those were set to 100 threat or other phenomena by admins. With my last real untampered greenshift being over a year ago, I can kinda see why he's making this complaint.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: My sacred greenshift has been tampered with.

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #659094

I like greenshifts, but there are a lot of people who have this weird notion that the only way to have fun in this game is either being an antagonist, or interacting with antagonists, so I can't say I'm surprised this happened.
Bdudy
Byond Username: Bdudy

Post by Bdudy » #659098

crying_baby.png
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #659108

Turbonerd wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:04 pm Honestly it has been months since I saw a greenshift, and those were set to 100 threat or other phenomena by admins. With my last real untampered greenshift being over a year ago, I can kinda see why he's making this complaint.
Terry green shifts can be their own special form of hell. I guess it might make more sense to create some antagonists that are fixated on messing with security rather than just adding a general outlet like pirates into the mix.

To be fair it's not like everyone has 30 minute long projects they an embark on, while engineering and science may have a lot of content, medical quickly runs out of improvements to make if no-one is dying (and we're not even given access to tools or basic tier 1 components for building machines so I guess we're not supposed to build out medical anyway), assistants and security generally lack content and so on. There's a lot of gameplay that emerges from that conflict. And lacking it the crew usually turns into hellish infighting which is neither fun for most crew or admins.

Idk, green shifts are good but weirdly turn out to be more work than the average 30 threat shift.

(And yeah, I'm largely aware that as a fairly resident admin on Terry, this is effectively just 'my/our problem', but there's a definite desire to balance all the things up if possible. and predicting the outcome of things is super hard)
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #659112

I'd like to congratulate the player in question on creating an admin complaint that is not just a ban request.
Good on you, player in question.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #659121

annoying to have a rare green shift fucked with by the dopamine starved but this seems more feedback page material than complaint

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #659143

>Detailed summary: During a greenshift on Kilostation, ShockShard triggered an Ion Storm that had laws that caused the prompt deaths of over 4 different staff members. This led to medical consisting of solely me after the the CMO had left, needing to revive four different individuals.

Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #659166

I was there for that as the chef. Felt like a normal round to me. Syndicate graffiti outside the bar within five minutes, command roles fighting in the halls. Things went to shit, then a slaughter demon rolls around.
Last edited by Bepis on Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #659178

this is a "nonsensical, metal death trap masquerading as a space station" roleplaying game, if you dont like conflict/chaos then there are plenty of servers that will cater to that experience, perhaps fulpstation is more your speed? :)
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #659179

Green shift
Shmeen shmift, I say.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #659183

Honestly, every green shift I’ve seen is usually more chaotic than a yellow or orange star orbit. People absolutely lose their minds if they can’t make spessman horizontal in one way or another.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #659185

"I might need this bomb later" vs "fuck this assistant bruh"
Weston Echard on Sybil
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659207

Y'remember that note the one guy got for pie'ing someone?

Yeah this complaint comes from one of the pied's metagang, if you're wondering why "oh no my greenshift wasn't perfectly safe" is being made into such a big deal.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #659208

What the hell is up with Manuel??
► Show Spoiler
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #659212

Shadowflame909 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:00 am What the hell is up with Manuel??
at this point it just feels like a containment server
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659219

saprasam wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:01 am
Shadowflame909 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:00 am What the hell is up with Manuel??
Please don't assume that most of us are like this. We're not. It's a single metagang, mostly.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #659243

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:03 am
Please don't assume that most of us are like this. We're not. It's a single metagang, mostly.
The felind group on manuel is annoying
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659284

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:42 pm
Manuel is okay if you want less chaos and more character interaction. I’d say if you don’t like the felind groups just be a human/plasmaman/lizardman/lightblubman. Always works out.

Also, heavily dislike how Manuel is being treated as a “muh immersion” type of server. It’s MRP so of course there can be some amount of roleplay according to the character, but it should always be fun to play for everyone. This includes chaos and conflict. Bring it on, Black Orbit.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #659297

Manuel is so fucking weird, y'all complain about the most mundane shit and then praise me for running cult and revs in the same fucking round
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #659300

Drag wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:55 pm Manuel is so fucking weird, y'all complain about the most mundane shit and then praise me for running cult and revs in the same fucking round
Thats it I'm about to...
► Show Spoiler
Hugs
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659301

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:42 pm
I'm notorious for hating the term "metagang" and "metafriends" but these people are a perfect example of it, they will actively self antag to side with each other in any situation it's fucking wild that they're defended.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #659356

IMO Manuel needs to be unplugged and we need to start a new RP server to try again
(I play on Manuel)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.