BYOND account: Eusebius.Wallenstein
Character name: Unknown
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacomming with a friend
Time ban was placed: 2019-05-29 01:23:12
Server you were playing on when banned: Unknown
Round ID in which ban was placed: 109453
Your side of the story: I was new to the game and was metcomming with a friend.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban is a few years old and i would like to get back into the game. I now know that metacomming is completly forbidden.
References of good conduct:
Anything else we should know: I was rather new to the game and came with the streamertide. Im much more aware of the rules and promise compliance. I also lost access to my old account and made a new one.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [MortoSasye] Eusebius Wallenstein - Very old ban

Post by Timberpoes » #659531

Morto has retired from the admin team, so as their progeny I'll take this on thier behalf.

It's been over 3 years, so I can't currently see a reason not to allow you to return.

Could you let me know your new account?

I'd like to do a quick quality control pass on it to see if there are going to be any issues I may wish to cover first, as I can see you have a lot of bans from Fulp up to 2020 https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/vi ... allenstein and I want to feel like I'm playing with a full deck of cards before I formally go ahead with removing the ban.

If you are unbanned, I may transfer over a few historical notes to your new account for the purposes of administrative completeness. Even if they are 3 years old, your history since then has only been clean by virtue of you being banned from playing here, so they may still be relevant despite their age.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Wallenstein2
Byond Username: TrueWallenstein

Post by Wallenstein2 » #659535

Hi Timerboes,
to be honest i preferred to play on fulp when it still was low rp. I think i got in a lot of conflicts with the admins when they made the change to MRP...
My new account is: TrueWallenstein
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #659538

I've done a bit of diving on the back of it and I'm also directly linking you to the "tyronethemeloneater" account, which did get an eye roll.

So let's have a bit of a debrief:
Since you last played we've added two major new rules and one new ruleset.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules

The first is Server Rule 11: Bigotry is not allowed.

A couple of years down the line and we have decided that yes, bigotry is infact bad. Considering the name of your other account, I felt it appropriate highlight this rule to you.

The second is Server Rule 12: This is a sandbox roleplaying game.

A couple of years down the line and we have decided that yes, roleplay is infact good. I'm highlighting this because of your historical fun on Fulp. It's not an anti-powergaming rule, but it does mean that excessive play-to-win mentality that comes at the expense of other people's RP enjoyment can be administratively discouraged even on the lower roleplay servers.

Finally, Campbell and Manuel are our MRP servers and have been added since you last played here.

They operate under an additional set of Roleplay Rules that are also available in a tab at the top of the main rules page on the wiki. If you were to play on either of those servers, you would be expected to observe both the core server rules and all the additional roleplay rules. A ban from one of our servers is a ban from all of them.

Let me know when you've caught up on these rules and I'll set you up to remove the ban.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Wallenstein2
Byond Username: TrueWallenstein

Post by Wallenstein2 » #659541

Hey Timerpoes,

Got it and I will keep those in mind. And i'll probably stick to the low rp servers since they are more aligned with the way i like to play.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #659542

If I pushed all the right buttons, you should be able to access the servers on your Truewallenstein account now.

If you can't, let me know what error/ban reason you get and we'll work from there. If it lets you in, please let me know so we can close the appeal out.