Appeals which have been closed.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

[Epicgamer545]empress maia note appeal

Post by EmpressMaia » #660150

BYOND account:empressmaia
Character name: Maia Roentgen
Ban type:note
Ban reason:(MRP) As a Head Of Security, proceeded to kill Jehni Kaiyn on the suspicion that they were a heretic. In ahelps, they stated they confused Jehni with Boops-The-Snoot, the heretic in question. They were requested to tone it down with killing people who they think are wrongdoers and to put more commitment in figuring out if they are.
Time ban was placed: 6:31 12/22/22
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 196811
Your side of the story:boops the snoot had killed aatleast one person and fled to space, me and my officer spotted them and tried to engage but they rain, i returned a minute or so later and saw someone where boops was wearing the same clothing they were wearing, and had a similar looking job icon to cook. so i gunned them down and found out it was jehni kayn the botanist, i took t hem to medical but it was gone due to a vortex anamoly. so i left them with a lizard in science near medical
Why you think you should be unbanned:because this is a hard IC issue. they looked like a confirmed heretic. and were standing where a confirmed heretic just was a moment ago. a botanist has no reason to sit in space liike that. so ofcourse im going to immedietely conclude that its the heretic i had just seen in that exact spot a minute ago
References of good conduct:i dont think this is needed
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Re: [Epicgamer545]empress maia note appeal

Post by Epicgamer545 » #660180

Yo, thank you for appealing. I appreciate you advocating for the note being deleted. I’ll be handling the appeal as of now as I was the person who issued the note.

I’d like to personally that I could’ve reworded the note better to not include names, and, of course, that is on my error. I would like to apologize for that. It’s my responsibility to recognize that mistake, however, other than that, it doesn’t seem like I’ve put anything wrong related to the event.

I’ll be brief: I do not agree this was a IC issue. I do not believe it’s a issue on behalf of the botanist you shot. The botanist you shot was not aware that there was a heretic nearby as they were floating around to view the damage of the SM delam and chatting with their pAI. Therefor, believe this is on your partial fault, not theirs. There was not enough double checking done to ensure that was, in fact, a heretic, and what could’ve been done a quick examine of the character before you shot them, or taking a look at the icon, assuming it wasn’t the exact same as the chef’s icon. Looking at the difference of a cook’s HUD icon and a botanist’s HUD icon, it’s a bit different.

I understand that you had adrenaline during that situation that made you panic and get ahead of yourself, and I understand and relate that. I also understand that you took a effort to take them to Medbay after you figured out they were the wrong guy. However I still think you could’ve done better to ensure that you don’t kill someone outright for a suspicion, let alone on the RP server. This note is simply there to remind you to not do this again, and to act in good faith, rather than a mark on your record.

I still do not believe that this was a IC issue, however. This appeal is denied.
If you feel like this is unjust, request a headmin to review it.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #660200

could you please reword the note to include the information that boops had the same clothing and was in the same place as the heretic. i do not want a headmin review
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #660213

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:20 pm could you please reword the note to include the information that boops had the same clothing and was in the same place as the heretic. i do not want a headmin review
I can do this. I can edit the note to include the following instead.
Note Reason wrote:(MRP) As a Head Of Security, proceeded to kill Jehni Kaiyn on the suspicion that they were a heretic. In ahelps, they stated they confused Jehni with another heretic in question, as the bystander had the same spacesuit and was in the same position as said heretic. They were requested to tone it down with killing people who they think are wrongdoers and to put more commitment in figuring out if they are.
Does this rewording work with you?
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #660224

it does. thank you
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #660264

Alright, note edited. Thank you for your time.