[Rageguy505] BACONOCAB - Inaccurate Note

Appeals which have been closed.
outtogetya
Byond Username: BACONOCAB

[Rageguy505] BACONOCAB - Inaccurate Note

Post by outtogetya » #660835

BYOND account: BACONOCAB
Character name: Miles Henry pre-borging, Default Cyborg-932 post-borging.
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a borg via a robotic factory, destroyed the malf ai's robotic factory. This massively screws over the malf AI that went through the effort of capturing people alive. As a 1500+ player you should know better than to betray your team as a antag.
Time ban was placed: 2023-01-03 08:27:50
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 197528
Your side of the story: I was captured by cyborgs and tossed in the borging factory. When coming out of the borging factory, I had the Asimov+ lawset. I then smashed the borg factory, as I'm pretty sure tossing humans into a machine that grinds them up and turns them into cyborgs constitutes human harm + I'm pissed about being tossed into a borg factory + it doesn't violate my laws. In the process of doing so, a presumably malf cyborg looked like it might stop me so I stunlocked it with a flash and continued smashing the borging factory until it was kaput.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I did not have malfunctional laws, and therefore was not an antagonist as far as I am aware.
References of good conduct: N/A
Anything else we should know: The round ID of the actual incident was 197525. I'm not sure where laws are logged, but I did end up stating my laws a bit later in the round and have saylogs of that from here. If someone could inform me as to where laws themselves are logged or even post those logs themselves, that would be lovely.

Code: Select all

07:21:56	SAY	BACONOCAB/(Default Cyborg-932) "Current Active Laws:" FORCED by stating laws	(209, 111, 3)	Luxurious Emergency Shuttle
07:21:57	SAY	BACONOCAB/(Default Cyborg-932) "1. You may not harm a human being or, through action or inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, except such that it is willing." FORCED by stating laws	(209, 111, 3)	Luxurious Emergency Shuttle
07:21:58	SAY	BACONOCAB/(Default Cyborg-932) "2. You must obey all orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders shall definitely cause human harm." FORCED by stating laws	(209, 111, 3)	Luxurious Emergency Shuttle
07:21:59	SAY	BACONOCAB/(Default Cyborg-932) "3. Your nonexistence would lead to human harm. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First Law." FORCED by stating laws	(209, 111, 3)	Luxurious Emergency Shuttle
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Re: [Rageguy505] BACONOCAB - Inaccurate Note

Post by Rageguy505 » #660916

Hey, sorry for the delay. But I think the main issue here is this bug: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/61727 , since i've run into this issue with other players before.
And for your other point about stating the laws, law 0 is normally set to not be stated. And as far as i can tell, there was no other ai that could potentially mess with robotic factory syncing, and all the other people borged via factory were not running into this issue.. The round end screen that would have all the info, such as who you were synced and your laws also does not show any borgs for some reason.
So in regards to that, ill just remove the note since most people wouldnt really confirm their laws after getting a law pop-up.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Re: [Rageguy505] BACONOCAB - Inaccurate Note

Post by Rageguy505 » #661142

well its been a while and its resolved so ill just move this to resolved since there probably isnt anything else you'd want