Oral hygiene tips

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Oral hygiene tips

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #661441

Oral hygiene is important. Its in your best interests physically to take good care of your teeth and gums, beyond just how they appear to others. Dental problems can rack up a lot of cash, even in countries with universal healthcare, like canada, dental work is still a costly expenditure because they government writes it off as non-critical. A lot of the times though, either through insurance or other government programs, preventative dental visits such as cleanings come cheap or free yearly. Taking advantages of these is important. At the end of the day, thousand dollar industrial tools are gonna have a better time doing a deep cleaning of your teeth than anything you can do with your 30$ electric toothbrush from BestBuy.
Taking half a day every year or so to get those chompers shined like new does a lot in terms of prevention.
As for what you do at home, brushing is great, simply for how it removes that film of plaque and detritus off of your teeth, Its best done before any extended period of time before you plan on eating again. You want to maximize the amount of time your teeth stay "clean" assuming they get dirty the moment you eat any food, or drink any beverage with sugar in it. Teeth have the ability to heal naturally provided they are not fully rotten or calcified, so you want to increase the time they are unexposed to plaque. Flossing is hit or miss, and it's effectiveness depends on the person, but water flossing devices tend to be more effective than string flossing, as well as being a lot more convenient. Fluoride in toothpaste doesn't actually work to decease plaque, thats done by the scrubbing motion and other anti-bactials. Moth wash is bad and it curbs saliva production for what little effect in brings. Don't use it, its a scam.
For eating habits, sugary food is the worst to make contact with your teeth, as it allows the bacteria in plaque to thrive and become acidic. Aspartame, the sweetener in diet coke, also weekens enamel. The sweetener Xylitol (which is a naturally occurring compound that shares many similarities with sugar an alcohol) is unable to be digested for significant calories by humans or bacteria, and in fact, it works as an antibacterial agent, so it is totally fine to wash over your teeth.
The way you eat is also important. If you do drink sugary drinks, especially those based with high-fructose corn syrup, I suggest that you let the drink make as little as possible contact with your teeth as possible. The same should be said about more solid foods such as artificial maple flavored syrup or pixiestick-esque candies. Human saliva has anti-bacterial properties as well, and also helps with healthy digestion, so its good to salivate often. Suckioning on buttons, your teeth, sugar free candy, a consenting man's member, or chewing gum are all good ways to induce salivation. Also, training your tongue to be exploratory, creates alot of benefits. Compulsively fish loose bits of debris from your teeth with your tongue, and wipe the backs and fronts of your teeth while sitting idle.

I hope these tips are useful and saves at least one of you a costly trip to the dentists, or a failed interview from a interviewer who focuses majorly on superficial qualities.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Re: Oral hygiene tips

Post by kayozz » #661442

Next week: Armpits and arseholes. Are you in charge of your scent/musk/miasma or aroma?
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #661451

Brush your tongue. The people standing near you while you talk will thank you.
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #661462

THIS IS BIG TOOTHPASTE PROPAGANDA. IT'S A TRICK, SEND NO REPLY.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #661466

Farquaar wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:24 pm Brush your tongue. The people standing near you while you talk will thank you.
But don't brush your tongue whilst standing next to anyone.
It's confusing, but they won't thank you.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #661467

don't brush too deep either, you'll sound like you're bulemic
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #661468

When flossing, floss all your teeth first, then brush.

This remove the debree so it dosen't just go back into the gaps and allows toothpaste to get between your teeth.
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #661500

kayozz wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm Next week: Armpits and arseholes. Are you in charge of your scent/musk/miasma or aroma?
generally you should be unless you have a condition which causes specific smells (like diabetes making your sweat smell sweet apparently)
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #661506

remember to shower AND brush your teeth at the same time
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler