Confrade - Trying again after a year and half of my last appeal.

Appeals which have been closed.
Confrade

Confrade - Trying again after a year and half of my last appeal.

Post by Confrade » #661531

BYOND account: Confrade
Character name: Amber Hahn
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "third strike for rule 8"
Time ban was placed: August 8 2021
Server you were playing on when banned: Every SERVER
Round ID in which ban was placed: 168415

Your side of the story: I understand that my actions were totally in the wrong and ooutright creepy, around that time i didn't knew better what i was doing and in my personal life things weren't so smooth either. Even though that has nothing to do with what we're doing here. Nonethless i take full responsibility for the actions i did.
Although i do wanna add that "third strike for rule 8", i do remember why i got banned for, but i don't remember the other two, even though i did received warnings for saying slurs much before that. Then again, i take full resposibility for it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly after playing on other servers and getting more robust and learning, i just wanna go back to Sybil and see my old friends, i know it's an "dumb reason" for it but honestly i just want to go back to /tg/, specially since the other servers i've been playing after that year an half people weren't as half as robust as the people i met on /tg/.

References of good conduct: During my /tg/ time i got pretty good at Engineering, i can set a mean SM and i can build the station goals without a sweat (that when Science helps in case of BSA) and right before my ban i had gotten pretty good as Atmospherics. I can easily make some Metal H2 armor and Freon for high money to Cargo.
After that on the other servers i've been playing a lot as Service, cook became sort of my favorite, everytime i take the cook role i just make Mexican food. Of course again, that only happens when Botany helps. Otherwise i have to make do with Cheese and ordering stuff from cargo.
I also got good at Xenobiology, usually when i'm doing it i deliver Industrial extracts to medbay and service to help them with their jobs, then after i either make pets, help DNA Vault or try to revive Ratvar(yes i watched the funny youtube video).

Anything else we should know: Shortly after i got banned, i had bought a new SSD as part of my PC upgrade and created another BYOND acc and tried to enter, then i quickly got banned too. Once again, full responsibility for that.

Additional Information: Sometime after the ban i started doing some treatment for my depression and anxiety, i do like to think it had good results since i'm nowhere near the edgy dumbass i was 2 years ago.

That's all really, thanks for the time.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Confrade - Trying again after a year and half of my last appeal.

Post by Timberpoes » #661537

Cyan has since retired from the admin team, so I'll pick this up in their place.

Your previous appeal:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29838&p=613441

Cyan's previous response:
In short, denied. Come back in a year with a voucher from another server.
Which makes my handling of this appeal much easier, since I'll just continue where Cyan left off.

Thankfully you mention you've been playing on other servers. May I ask which servers you've been playing on?

I'd like to tap the web of contacts if possible and investigate how you've been getting on elswhere.

Similarly, you mention your previous evasion attempt. Lucky enough I'm the admin whom placed that evasion ban.

Details of that ban are below:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Banned account: matheus663
Date: 2022-01-04 16:41:10
Banning admin: timberpoes
Server: Sybil
Round: 176002
Banned from the server permanently - After additional investigation following another admin speaking to you about links to another account, it has been determined evading a permaban place against ckey "confrade". If you feel this is in error, please appeal this ban on the tgstation forums.
If I'm satisfied with what any other servers you play on have to say about you enough that I'm happy lifting this ban, I will also lift your evasion ban as well.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Confrade

Post by Confrade » #661564

Mostly Fulp and Russ Station.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #661601

Your vouches aren't gonna come through.

1. Fulpstation are insular and refuse to participate in the eternal can-kicking exercise that cross-server vouches are.
2. One of our headmins isn't comfortable gathering vouches from streamer servers, for fear that our shitters will go shit up their servers looking for vouches.

Since I don't think I can get those two other servers to vouch for you, all you've got left is... Well, you.

If I unban you I want to know it's not going to be a mistake. I want to know it's not something the rest of the admin team will get pissy at me for when 3 weeks from now you're back around smashing windows, suiciding in a way that looks like antag rolling or screaming about raping people.

I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.

So let's take a look at the substantive rule 8 part of your note history:
Spoiler:
2021-02-09 - After a heated fight, started using slurs and threatened "i'm gonna rape your corpse." Warned not to use such language in the future. They were understanding when spoken to and very cooperative.
2021-04-26 - Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - After getting into a fight with someone, said "or i'll rape your corpse" after calling another player slurs. You quite literally have been warned for doing the exact same thing in the past and there's no place for it on this server.
2021-08-25 - Banned from the server permanently - third strike for rule 8, claimed "i like putting people in stasis bed" and "if i find them hot i can play with them and they can't do shit"
With the Rule 8 stuff, do you understand how shitty it is for other people to play SS13 when people go around threatening rape - joking or otherwise?
Do you think things like that enhance the game, or enhance any roleplay fun that players look for when playing tgstation's unique flavour of SS13?

Why would you have ever thought this was okay to do to the extreme that you picked up 3 notes for it over 6 months, and what can you tell me that will give me any faith at all that you will never repeat this again?

And the shitty gameplay part of your note history:
Spoiler:
2021-03-15 - Banned from Roles: Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician, Quartermaster, Cargo Technician for 2 weeks - Bought a supermatter shard near roundstart, dragged it into space then threw objects (and himself) into it until it began to delam. Disconnected shortly after.
2021-05-29 - Banned from the server for 1 day - As an engineer got into a conflict with an a assistant because they called the assistant a slur. Ended up killing and spacing them, Understands that spacing them was not ok and not proper escalation.
2021-07-01 - Smashed windows on icebox with a fireaxe causing co2 to flood into a few rooms. Understanding in ahelps.
https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/confrade
Fulpstation - Round 19417 - Antag 1.1 Needless killing, Admin 4). Lying in ahelps. Ordered their borgs to "Kill people" and "grief shit" as an antag without relevant goals. Lied in ahelps that they only told them to kill heads, as they were also a rev. Lying in ahelps isn't acceptable.
This is all meh. Slurs bad. Being a shitter bad. The Fulp ban is careface outside of the lying in ahelps, which is uber bad and I'd throw your ass into the abyss if you tried pulling that shit here.

If I were to unban you, how would I know you're not just going to go turbo-shitter again?

These two bolded questions are not rhetorical, they're for you to answer.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Confrade

Post by Confrade » #661625

Well since you can't get my Vouch from Fulp nor Russ Station, then it's only gonna be my word for it, honestly i thought with Fulp it would be easier for you to talk since they're also pretty popular and all.

Starting with "I want to know it's not something the rest of the admin team will get pissy at me for when 3 weeks from now you're back around smashing windows, suiciding in a way that looks like antag rolling or screaming about raping people.".

Usually i'm the one stopping people and tying them up to deliver to sec, whoever tries to break shit or trying to dust themselves into the SM for no apparent reason, unfortunately i have nobody else to vouch that for me but i can guarantee you it's the truth.
Yelling edgy shit for the sake of it it's OBVIOUSLY an offense that i fully take responsibility for and i do think i deserved the ban for it.

As for the ban on Fulp for "needless killing", around that time i was new on the server i didn't had much of idea on how things worked as i thought it was similar to other servers since at the time i didn't knew what MRP(Medium RolePlay) was and how antags there worked.

"If I were to unban you, how would I know you're not just going to go turbo-shitter again?"

How else can i prove to you i won't? To be honest writing here won't do much justice or prove that i changed and i'm not the type of person who will make a sad story in hopes of softening your heart or something.
But i can assure you that i'm not that edgy shitter that i was back then and even if that happens again you can just lay down the perma-ban hammer for good on me.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #661676

I'm not looking for irrefutable proof, but I'm not 100% sold that 1 and a half years has been long enough for a second chance without a little bit extra to tip me over the edge.

The Rule 8 breaks were not kino, especially not when one of your notes is Ctrl-C Ctrl-V "I did the same thing again". I want some level of confidence that the second you immerse yourself back in tgstation's community culture we're not going to be here again.

I'm not asking you to do the impossible, I don't have the patience to play games like that in appeals. I am very much trying to find the space to unban you. I'd've already rejected your appeal if that wasn't the case.

I want an honest conversation. In the past people have mentioned steps they've taken OOC to improve trigger factors that led to crappy IC behaviour, or described new ways or thinking or working through problems and conflicts, experiences they've had on other servers that have moved their perspective a little and changed the way they view the game.

Basically - vouch for yourself.
Confrade

Post by Confrade » #661694

Like you mentioned, i did took steps to change my shitty behaviour OOC and that is displayed in game when i'm around. I can assure you that.
It's pretty hard to vouch for myself here without having confirmation from the other servers like i said, so it's gonna be basically My Word vs My Past Mistakes.

I already mentioned the changes i've been through and how better i got in the game in general, not just skill but not acting like a total degenerate like i was around that time. I do have colleages(don't know if that's the right word) who already praised me for how well i played or just how good of a person IC i was overall. Skillwise i got a lot better since too of that counts for something.
I do have a low tolerance for shitters too, specially people who break into departments without asking and stealing shit, usually ending up in a "push battle" and me screaming in comms for sec.

And please, don't think i'm here to waste your time. If you think i'm underserving of so, then it's your call. I'll accept whatever you decide.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #661787

If you have any interaction with Rule 8 at all, with your history it's very likely a future admin would immediately permaban you again.

If you slip back into your old shitter ways, you will be dancing with the metaphorical devil when it comes to your continued time on tgstation. The same again as above, you're very likely to find yourself experiencing bans for what would normally be a note, and very long duration/permabans for what would ordinarily be short bans.

I'll give you that second chance to not be a drooling moron this time.

Not many players get second chances for serious rule breaks without the admin team wasting everyone's time jumping through asinine vouch hoops.

Confrade is unbanned. Your evasion attempt on Matheus663 has been noted on your Confrade account, but I'm otherwise unbanning you for evasion as well.

Matheus5151 and Matheus663 remain banned as alts. You will use the Confrade account.

Don't waste this opportunity, you probably won't get another.

If there are any issues connecting to the servers, let me know and we'll work it out from there.
Confrade

Post by Confrade » #661830

Thank you.