admin goes radio silent and bans you harder for disconnecting

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Thaumic
Byond Username: Thaumic

admin goes radio silent and bans you harder for disconnecting

Post by Thaumic » #663574

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33221
hey guys its my first nut am i doing it right
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Re: admin goes radio silent and bans you harder for disconnecting

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #663575

Beyond the disconnecting part, ticket sounds good and makes sense
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #663578

Alternative title: New admin meta motivates players to tell their side of the story by waiting until they disconnect and then banning them.

With lagging regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #663581

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm Alternative title: New admin meta motivates players to tell their side of the story by waiting until they disconnect and then banning them.

With lagging regards
-BONERMASTER
brevity is the soul of wit
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #663584

This warrants dissection:
Ban reason
ban reason: I made a combat mech and killed a borg and disconnected mid ticket
Actual ban reason
As a non antagonist built a combat mech named "child murderer" and killed a borg for the justified reason of "they were bored" and "it was lowpop".
Ban appeal
yes i did make a combat mech with an lmg and drill but i didnt really used it on anyone besides that borg who was i presume malf since i think it was malf because we were handling a malfed ai at that time and...
Logs
man im bored its low pop and theres nothing to do and ive yet to kill someone besides that one borg shell
Server
Manuel
Do people not know how to communicate anymore?

Mech dude was indeed a tiding lil' shit, or just incredibly fucking dumb for not communicating properly to the bwoink. MRP is not a server where you make a combat mech 4noraisin, and if you do make one, you don't get to drive it. Do that on Terry.

HOWEVER

It was 20 minutes between their reply and Drag's action. Escalating the ban for disconnecting after 20 minutes of radio silence is fucking unfair. Shoulda just done a normal ban and call it a day.

Typical ban appeal where everyone is wrong. Peanuts are getting boring.
Thaumic wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:25 pm brevity is the soul of wit
As you can see, I possess no wit.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #663587

Seems to be a communication error where he is responding to why he build the mech but the admin interpreted as the reason for why he killed the borg.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #663592

What rule says you can't make a combat mech, even on Manuel? Is Robo really just sit and wait until a borg wants upgrades simulator?
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #663593

you can make a combat mech
but if you try to just validhunt with it, or try to create valids, thats another issue

that round the robo was piloting the mech to break upload doors because of rumors that the ai is "malf", ai noticed the intrusion late and announced into binary
one borg went there to check, got flashed by sec, and shot to death by the robo who then said "its a shell" (borg was revived WAY later into the round, might have been dc'd at that point)

Only after they reset the ai they actually found out it was subverted, there was no hostilities from ai side at all before that
conrad

Post by conrad » #663599

BlueMemesauce wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:32 pm What rule says you can't make a combat mech, even on Manuel? Is Robo really just sit and wait until a borg wants upgrades simulator?
I think I very clearly said "4noraisin". You can make a combat mech, say, to hand it over to sec. Keeping and piloting one and going after antags is not part of the Roboticist's job.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #663600

He said there was a malf ai, roboticists tend to pay a lot of attention to signs of it.

Also he didnt roam the halls with it to look for antags (otherwise it would say on the ban), it seemed like he just went to upload cuz malf ai, then went to fight blob.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663602

CPTANT wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:17 pm Seems to be a communication error where he is responding to why he build the mech but the admin interpreted as the reason for why he killed the borg.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
conrad

Post by conrad » #663620

A reminder that we're talking about MRP.
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm He said there was a malf ai, roboticists tend to pay a lot of attention to signs of it.

Also he didnt roam the halls with it to look for antags (otherwise it would say on the ban), it seemed like he just went to upload cuz malf ai
Going after upload 'cos of malf/subverted ai is, again, not the Roboticist's job. RD's job is to lock down borgs for law desyncing, and the Roboticist's job is to desync the laws (I don't remember if RD can do that through the computer in their office). Sec goes after the core/upload.
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm , then went to fight blob.
See THAT I can understand, because of the message saying "All crew must contain the outbreak" Rule 4 covering confirmed global threats... althought, even then, I would defer the piloting of the combat mech to sec.

Sec's job is to go after antags, not the rest of station staff. You can defend yourself, sure, but leaving mech bay and killing borgs 'cos "you heard AI is malf" is not what you should do, and saying "I got bored and I've yet to kill someone besides that borg" is just tiding.

EDIT: I read Rule 4
Last edited by conrad on Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #663621

i have never once seen a roboticist give a fucking combat mech to sec on manuel. even the most generous of roboticists make combat mechs and then put posibrains in them and tell them to kill things instead of giving them to sec. combat mechs only purpose is for a roboticist to sit in on the shuttle in prep for EORG
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #663627

Good first peanut
Constructive criticism: Title is fantastic but body text is lacking- something witty and ridiculous is often a good choice there

I eagerly look forward to more
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #663642

conrad wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 am A reminder that we're talking about MRP.
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm He said there was a malf ai, roboticists tend to pay a lot of attention to signs of it.

Also he didnt roam the halls with it to look for antags (otherwise it would say on the ban), it seemed like he just went to upload cuz malf ai
Going after upload 'cos of malf/subverted ai is, again, not the Roboticist's job. RD's job is to lock down borgs for law desyncing, and the Roboticist's job is to desync the laws (I don't remember if RD can do that through the computer in their office). Sec goes after the core/upload.
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm , then went to fight blob.
See THAT I can understand, because of the message saying "All crew must contain the outbreak" Rule 4 covering confirmed global threats... althought, even then, I would defer the piloting of the combat mech to sec.

Sec's job is to go after antags, not the rest of station staff. You can defend yourself, sure, but leaving mech bay and killing borgs 'cos "you heard AI is malf" is not what you should do, and saying "I got bored and I've yet to kill someone besides that borg" is just tiding.

EDIT: I read Rule 4
Ryusenshu wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:39 pm you can make a combat mech
but if you try to just validhunt with it, or try to create valids, thats another issue

that round the robo was piloting the mech to break upload doors because of rumors that the ai is "malf", ai noticed the intrusion late and announced into binary
one borg went there to check, got flashed by sec, and shot to death by the robo who then said "its a shell" (borg was revived WAY later into the round, might have been dc'd at that point)

Only after they reset the ai they actually found out it was subverted, there was no hostilities from ai side at all before that
I actually remember this round distinctly. The AI wasn't Malf, but it WAS subverted. Security was two dudes (including a Detective), and I'd figured out pretty quickly that the AI was subverted. I told Sec that I had a very strong suspicion that it was Subverted, which would be why they went after it. I can't fault the Roboticist for helping out in a mech given the circumstances.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #663672

As a non antagonist built a combat mech named "child murderer" and killed a borg for the justified reason of "they were bored" and "it was lowpop" in tickets. You being bored is not valid justification for breaking the rules. You have been warned already for doing things for no reason. Later appealed and changed their reasoning to them responding to a malf/subverted ai threat. Please make sure you inform admins of what you are doing and why are you doing it when they ask.
This is a pure bullshit response when it is the admin who is being the one who doesn't respond to the ticket.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
conrad

Post by conrad » #663676

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 am i have never once seen a roboticist give a fucking combat mech to sec on manuel. even the most generous of roboticists make combat mechs and then put posibrains in them and tell them to kill things instead of giving them to sec. combat mechs only purpose is for a roboticist to sit in on the shuttle in prep for EORG
Well that's fuckin sad 'cos I'd did when I played manny :(
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:58 am I actually remember this round distinctly. The AI wasn't Malf, but it WAS subverted. Security was two dudes (including a Detective), and I'd figured out pretty quickly that the AI was subverted. I told Sec that I had a very strong suspicion that it was Subverted, which would be why they went after it. I can't fault the Roboticist for helping out in a mech given the circumstances.
Given the complete absolute bullshit justification on the log, yeah, one can easily fault the Roboticist.
"Why did you built a combat mech, etc.?"
"tehres malf ai and 2 sec im helping"
Problem solved.

This ban would be a lot less interesting if Drag didn't fuck up.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #663697

I still think there's a lot of miscommunication even in this appeal. I'm hoping that my post sheds a little light on what appears to have gone wrong at all stages of this ticket and onwards to now.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #663698

Seems like investigation is lacking in this one.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #663700

I spent a couple of hours looking into it because well, I'll quote what I said in adminbus:
From the opening ticket onwards there's a lot of hazy fog.
Maybe I'm going senile, but none of the puzzle pieces fit.
Looks like you're both playing totally different jigsaws.

Things like this definitely need time put into them, and I'm sensing the whole thing was rushed from the very start.

We're also taught not to open tickets with accusations and candidates/trialmins have been brought to task on it in the past.

From our internal guide to rule enforcement/admin conduct, which really isn't going to bring up many surprises:
General Ahelp Procedure
- Most situations require the admin to gain a full and unbiased understanding of a situation as possible. Only then can an admin apply the rules and their own accumulated sense of right and wrong from past experiences to a situation.

Admins initiating a conversation should do so with the following points in mind,
- Be neutral in tone and avoid being accusatory. While it is not necessary to build a rapport with the individual being talked to, it is essential to maintain at least a neutral relationship between you and the player. This is so the conversation is less likely to become hostile and the player is less likely to become defensive or evasive. Players that are not defensive or evasive may provide more information. If the player is expected to be evasive, remaining non-accusatory also makes it less likely for what you say to tip off the player on what they want to be evasive/deceptive about.
Every admin will be familiar with this stuff. It does lead me to say that "Hey, why are you making a combat mech with no reason to do so (accusatory, you don't know that yet) and attacking people as a non antagonist with said mech? (accusatory, you better have your facts straight if you say this)" as an opening ahelp is PROBABLY not going to lead to a very productive ticket.

Add in the 10+ minute delayed radio silence with no attempt to gather more information/confirm understanding that the player just said they did it FNR, the logs and everything else on top, and I think we have a wonderful misunderstanding fruit plucked from the tree that grew from those misunderstanding roots.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #663705

CPTANT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:02 am
As a non antagonist built a combat mech named "child murderer" and killed a borg for the justified reason of "they were bored" and "it was lowpop" in tickets. You being bored is not valid justification for breaking the rules. You have been warned already for doing things for no reason. Later appealed and changed their reasoning to them responding to a malf/subverted ai threat. Please make sure you inform admins of what you are doing and why are you doing it when they ask.
This is a pure bullshit response when it is the admin who is being the one who doesn't respond to the ticket.
Everytime I have asked an admin if I can do anything non-standard the responce has been one word;

No
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #663706

chocolate_bickie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:30 pm
Everytime I have asked an admin if I can do anything non-standard the responce has been one word;

No
Ask for forgiveness later. If it's something within the rules, you can appeal it and take it all the way up to the headmins. If it's not, then they were saying no for a reason. Most likely though, they just don't want to make your actions admin-sanctioned which might cause you to go further with it than you normally would or should, or they don't want the blame for your actions.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #663709

BeeSting12 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:37 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:30 pm

No
Ask for forgiveness later. If it's something within the rules, you can appeal it and take it all the way up to the headmins. If it's not, then they were saying no for a reason. Most likely though, they just don't want to make your actions admin-sanctioned which might cause you to go further with it than you normally would or should, or they don't want the blame for your actions.
I always like to say:

Sure but you live with the consequences if you biff it.

Its never failed me yet.
Hugs
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #663712

"Yes, [with these conditions]." is a favourite of mine.

I once got the dagger stare on Manuel when a traitor blew up a HFR for no reason in the maints near medbay on like, Meta or something and it turned out I'd okayed it beforehand.

I told them to pick a non-public location and minimise intentional collateral - I.e. don't invite people to die. If they fucked it up, the consequences were on them.

They agreed and I successfully gave them immunity from admin retaliation.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663722

i dont get why people are so adamant about sticking absolutely bloody useless notes after essentially going through the riff raffs of conceding in removing the ban- even if it's passed its prime. like really, what use is there to the note that was left? leaving a note on a player does not mean you walk away with a win. it only makes bureaucracy harder when someone gets banned for "having too many notes" and then we pull up their notes and one of the notes is "Was asked to say please and thanks in tickets." like it's just embarrassing bro
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #663725

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:54 pm i dont get why people are so adamant about sticking absolutely bloody useless notes after essentially going through the riff raffs of conceding in removing the ban- even if it's passed its prime. like really, what use is there to the note that was left? leaving a note on a player does not mean you walk away with a win. it only makes bureaucracy harder when someone gets banned for "having too many notes" and then we pull up their notes and one of the notes is "Was asked to say please and thanks in tickets." like it's just embarrassing bro
are you British if so please stop

iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663727

Drag wrote:My question was not confusing, there was no hidden meaning behind any of what I opened the ticket with. I asked two questions, why the mech was made and why the mech was used.
yes, your question was confusing. it was loaded with accusations. you asked why they made a combat for no reason, not if. you implied they also had no reason to be attacking people with said mech because they were a non-antagonist. additionally, it also implied that they had been attacking multiple people with the mech.

admins are trained to ask neutral questions, as timber has stated. a simple "Hey, why do you have a combat mech? What happened between you and the borg?" and then ended the ticket with "Hey, can you also not name your mech child murderer? This is completely separate from what went down but please try to keep the name of your mechs in good taste." would have resulted in much better results
Drag wrote:I feel like this is setting a standard if you claim in an appeal you just didn't read the ahelp ticket properly and you just misunderstood this puts admins more on the line then they already are.
Drag wrote:Additionally this appeal is frankly hard to read and interpret.
if you can't see the hypocrisy of these two statements then... i don't know.

this is an aside, but i read their appeal just fine. i agree that the response they gave on the ticket could have been interpreted as poor form but you also set them up for failure with your first message.
Last edited by iwishforducks on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663728

bastardblaster wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:55 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:54 pm i dont get why people are so adamant about sticking absolutely bloody useless notes after essentially going through the riff raffs of conceding in removing the ban- even if it's passed its prime. like really, what use is there to the note that was left? leaving a note on a player does not mean you walk away with a win. it only makes bureaucracy harder when someone gets banned for "having too many notes" and then we pull up their notes and one of the notes is "Was asked to say please and thanks in tickets." like it's just embarrassing bro
are you British if so please stop
no i just think it's fun to say bloody and riff raff
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #663732

I wish i would record my rounds, because i saw the entire thing happening
Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #663737

I like how the note just outright lies. I think Drags logic is that their ticket was just so clear that the only possibility is that scremboi didn't read it
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #663742

Ryusenshu wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:40 pm I wish i would record my rounds, because i saw the entire thing happening
FYI, if you are witness you are always free to post your statement to give more insight into the case. Something like "I was present in the round and I did not see them gun down anyone or behave in an erratic matter" etc. A recording is of course chefs kiss, but you don't have to be a master chef to provide solid, good evidence.

With compelling regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #663818

This is 100% Drag failing at communicating. The player answered both parts of his question. "Why did you make the mech" -> I was bored, "Why did you go around killing people" -> I didn't I only killed 1 borg.

Noting people for your own failure at basic communication is just sad.
Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #663824

CPTANT wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:35 am This is 100% Drag failing at communicating. The player answered both parts of his question. "Why did you make the mech" -> I was bored, "Why did you go around killing people" -> I didn't I only killed 1 borg.

Noting people for your own failure at basic communication is just sad.
ya and they tried to pass it off as the player being confused even though they understood the ticket perfectly and drag was the only one who dropped the spaghetti here
:/
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #663959

This is really the end? Drag just gets away with it and nobody thinks hmmmmmmm?
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #664213

CPTANT wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:28 am This is really the end? Drag just gets away with it and nobody thinks hmmmmmmm?
Yup. Player might not have known to ask for a headmin review, maybe?
Unless you want to get a forum warning you have to go around and privately inform the poster they can request a headmin review.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #664221

Only tangentially related, but it'd be neat if we had indicators that someone was typing in an ahelp.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #664223

Sightld2 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:35 am Only tangentially related, but it'd be neat if we had indicators that someone was typing in an ahelp.
Yeah I mean since it already does that for admins, why don't we have it do it on the player side as well?
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #664226

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:43 am
Sightld2 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:35 am Only tangentially related, but it'd be neat if we had indicators that someone was typing in an ahelp.
Yeah I mean since it already does that for admins, why don't we have it do it on the player side as well?
It doesn't. But yeah that'd make sense too

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #664227

Sightld2 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:45 am
The last time I remember responding to ahelps on the live server (never tested on local cause why), I recall it saying "Other_Admin_X has started replying to ahelp" "Other_Admin_X has stopped replying"

Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #664232

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:47 am
Sightld2 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:45 am
The last time I remember responding to ahelps on the live server (never tested on local cause why), I recall it saying "Other_Admin_X has started replying to ahelp" "Other_Admin_X has stopped replying"
Ah, yeah I'd thought you meant from the players perspective.