LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

[Thunder12345] Lokuthewise - Note appeal

Post by LeekiLoku » #675529

BYOND account: lokuthewise
Character name: Chang Moert
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note
Ban reason: Warned - As QM, stealing the captain's ID roundstart because the captain didn't let them into the teleporter fast enough.
Time ban was placed: 2023-04-02 15:24:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 202999

Your side of the story:
I spawned is as QM and wanted to efficiently make money, so I was going to take the hand tele to make it easier to teleport crates. I didnt have access and was nonhuman so I asked the captain to open the teleporter room. He denied me for no reason, so I took their id for like 2 seconds, opened it myself, and immediately gave his id back.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
The captain was denying me access but I wasn't gonna do anything malicious, so it was justified to just use their ID for a short moment.
They were actually glad I took the hand tele to make money, they said "thanks for stealing the hand tele, it was worth it since we got guns so early"
This was also lowpop, so the hand tele was not of much importance.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: [Thunder12345] Lokuthewise - Note appeal

Post by vect0r » #675537

Can I ask a clarificating question? Did you ask the AI to open before you stole the captains ID?
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #675539

vect0r wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:42 am Can I ask a clarificating question? Did you ask the AI to open before you stole the captains ID?
Yes, i did.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #675571

Attack logs

Game logs

Comms logs

LeekiLoku wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:43 am
vect0r wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:42 am Can I ask a clarificating question? Did you ask the AI to open before you stole the captains ID?
Yes, i did.
I could not find anything to support this in the logs.
LeekiLoku wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:43 am so I asked the captain to open the teleporter room. He denied me for no reason
I could not find anything to support this in the logs (if you mean that you asked and he said no in an actual discussion)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #675625

URGH, another note appeal.

Our current guidelines on appealing notes can be found in the Ban Appeal forum rules thread:
Note appeals:
Notes are remarks about players added to player's files in order to help keep track of player behavior, trends, as well as admin interactions with players. Notes have many uses and are not exclusively used to record rule breaking behavior, but we do recognize that their existence can seem like a black mark on the player.

For those reasons, notes can be appealed if they match one of the following two cases:
The note is factually or materially incorrect.
There must be a difference between how an admin who knew all the facts would view you vs how an admin who only had the note to go on would view you. If you were being a shit but the note didn't correctly detail exactly how you were being a shit, an appeal nitpicking this detail is unlikely to be granted.
Statements that are clearly pure opinion on the admins part can not be incorrect (because that is what the admin actually believes), but may be appealed under case 2 below.
Appealed bans are only factually incorrect if the conditions around ban itself was incorrect. Getting unbanned because you apologized or similar reasons is not grounds to have the auto-generated note about the ban removed. Likewise: getting unbanned because you broke the rules but the admin or a headmin later determined that a ban was "too much" is not grounds to remove the ban's note.
Notes appealed under this rule may be amended rather than removed.
Notes appealed under this rule will generally be more successful if appealing players offers suggested rewording that they feel properly accounts for nuances without minimizing what the note is trying to highlight. Understand that we have to balance keeping notes short and succinct with accurately reflecting the situation.
The note's contents or existence is unjustifiably harsh to the player's standing in the eyes of admins reading the notes.
Notes that contain admin opinions that unfairly paint the player in a bad light are one example.
Emphasis on the phrase "unfairly". If you're repeatedly a shitter and an admin calls you a shitter in a note just take the hint and improve on not being a shitter
As part of this appeal please explain which of the above you are appealing against, was it factually incorrect? (I believe you have said that the note is factually correct). So is the note unjustifiably harsh?
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #675665

WineAllWine wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:29 am URGH, another note appeal.

Our current guidelines on appealing notes can be found in the Ban Appeal forum rules thread:
Note appeals:
Notes are remarks about players added to player's files in order to help keep track of player behavior, trends, as well as admin interactions with players. Notes have many uses and are not exclusively used to record rule breaking behavior, but we do recognize that their existence can seem like a black mark on the player.

For those reasons, notes can be appealed if they match one of the following two cases:
The note is factually or materially incorrect.
There must be a difference between how an admin who knew all the facts would view you vs how an admin who only had the note to go on would view you. If you were being a shit but the note didn't correctly detail exactly how you were being a shit, an appeal nitpicking this detail is unlikely to be granted.
Statements that are clearly pure opinion on the admins part can not be incorrect (because that is what the admin actually believes), but may be appealed under case 2 below.
Appealed bans are only factually incorrect if the conditions around ban itself was incorrect. Getting unbanned because you apologized or similar reasons is not grounds to have the auto-generated note about the ban removed. Likewise: getting unbanned because you broke the rules but the admin or a headmin later determined that a ban was "too much" is not grounds to remove the ban's note.
Notes appealed under this rule may be amended rather than removed.
Notes appealed under this rule will generally be more successful if appealing players offers suggested rewording that they feel properly accounts for nuances without minimizing what the note is trying to highlight. Understand that we have to balance keeping notes short and succinct with accurately reflecting the situation.
The note's contents or existence is unjustifiably harsh to the player's standing in the eyes of admins reading the notes.
Notes that contain admin opinions that unfairly paint the player in a bad light are one example.
Emphasis on the phrase "unfairly". If you're repeatedly a shitter and an admin calls you a shitter in a note just take the hint and improve on not being a shitter
As part of this appeal please explain which of the above you are appealing against, was it factually incorrect? (I believe you have said that the note is factually correct). So is the note unjustifiably harsh?
To be fair, i was testing the waters for what is need to be done. This is my first ever appeal, I wasnt really trying to get it appealed just what i need to do to get things appealed.
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #675691

Please remove this. Im seeing that this was deserved and with the little known knowledge about doing anything with appeals, I thought it would have been a good idea to try to get this appealed.