SaltyBlitz
Byond Username: SaltyBlitz

[Scriptis] SaltyBlitz - Antag Rolling

Post by SaltyBlitz » #679130

BYOND account: saltyblitz
Character name: Asher Lopez
Ban type:Role ban Server/Role(s)Antag roles on all /tg/ servers
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: pAI, Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn, Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - Antag rolling. Sequential round IDs on Scrubby. Appeal this ban in a month or more when you can demonstrate continuous faithful play as a nonantagonist.
Time ban was placed: 2023-03-10 22:50:20
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 201581
Your side of the story:During the period of time when shortly before i recieved the ban, ive been having issues with my ping on servers. SS13 is one of my favorite games but the high ping i experienced on a lot of servers made playing the game miserable. I was joining multiple servers hoping that i could eventually find one that would have a lower ping. I would do this for long periods of time, just hoping my ping would get to a smooth, enjoyable level. If i somehow rolled antag when trying to find a server, i would of course play the round out even while lagging horribly. I think most people would do the same, i wouldnt want to pass up an opportunity as antag even if i had bad ping. One day i try to connect to Manuel and to my surprise i am met with a ban notice.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think i should be unbanned from antag roles. I understand that this server hopping looks a lot like antag rolling, and i am aware that i was previously warned about antag rolling on 2022-05-22 04:45:48 MagmaExploiter2. This admin was understanding of what i said to him in ahelps, and i recieved no punisment previously. I think i should be unbanned because this is really just a misunderstanding of my intentions. I believe i have also shown that i am capable of faithful play as a nonantagonist.
References of good conduct: I dont have any direct references, However i have played on Fulpstation a lot during the time following my ban.
Anything else we should know: I have only had issues with connecting to multiple servers on 2 occasions, this time, and before when i was warned. All of these occured on /tg/ servers and no where else.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: [Scriptis] SaltyBlitz - Antag Rolling

Post by Pandarsenic » #679150

Heya, not the banning admin, but for clarity, have you played on /tg/ a significant amount while unable to become an antag, as requested in the antagban, or have you only been playing on other servers (e.g. Fulp) during that time?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #679161

Hey,

I had a quick look over your last few rounds in Scrubby, and they don't promote any confidence. You still regularly disconnect at the start of the shift or just wander off into space to die.

Play regularly for a month without doing that and then open a new appeal. You can check your latency before the round starts; it's in your chat window at all times. Don't ready up if your connection is garbage. It's that easy.
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #679268

I was joining multiple servers hoping that i could eventually find one that would have a lower ping. I would do this for long periods of time, just hoping my ping would get to a smooth, enjoyable level. If i somehow rolled antag when trying to find a server, i would of course play the round out even while lagging horribly.
Stepping in as someone who has some knowledge of networking. This is factually incorrect because all of the NA servers are hosted in the same data center, meaning your ping would be comparable (if not exactly the same) regardless of which server you connect to. This is like saying you keep walking to the same place over and over again to see how long it takes and expecting that time to change. As Scriptis said, you can see your ping just from connecting to the server and don't need to actually join the game to check it. If your ping is garbage on one server, it's going to be garbage on all of them.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you