[NoxVS] ZealousZeke - Mr. Poopy Pants note appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
ZealousZeke
Byond Username: ZealousZeke

[NoxVS] ZealousZeke - Mr. Poopy Pants note appeal

Post by ZealousZeke » #679229

BYOND account: ZealousZeke
Character name: Mr. Poopy Pants
Note reason: "As a clown, did a gimmick about how much they need to go to the bathroom that quickly got into weird/creepy territory. Was understanding when asked not to continue with it."
Time note was placed: 2023-04-12 06:41:47
Server you were playing on when noted: Sybil
Round ID in which note was placed: 203615
Your side of the story: As a clown, ran a gimmick where I'd frequently make poop jokes and complain that I had to use the bathroom, then I'd run around to different departments spray painting brown splatters on the floor.
Why you think the note should be appealed*:
The intention of this gimmick was to be the Diogenes of comedy with simple, immature, "poop funny," gross-out toilet humor, rather than anything excessively creepy or weird, as implied by NoxVS' note.
In addition, this gimmick was not done as a 'serious' job, such as assistant, medical doctor, security officer, etc. It was done as a clown, whose main role on the station is to either amuse or annoy the crew.

Bathroom jokes do not cross the threshold of a rule violation any more than some of the content in-game, such as the erotica in the curator's library, the botany vendor's joke about fertilizing the "natural way," or the week of felinid vore during April Fools.

Any perceived creepiness is the result of a mind in the gutter rather than the obvious and intended angle of a mirthful clown using toilet and gross-out humor.

If nothing else I'd like the note to at least be worded differently from the implied rule 8 violation, as I believe saying "poop funny" and doing PG-rated emotes doesn't qualify for a rule 8 phrased note.
Last edited by ZealousZeke on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: [NoxVS] ZealousZeke - Mr. Poopy Pants note appeal

Post by WineAllWine » #679245

► Show Spoiler
All parsed-logs for the round in question. These were filtered to ZealousZeke, and I also removed all lines where you were coughing because I think you got a virus and no one cares about that
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #679576

ZealousZeke wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:41 pm If nothing else I'd like the note to at least be worded differently from the implied rule 8 violation, as I believe saying "poop funny" and doing PG-rated emotes doesn't qualify for a rule 8 phrased note.
I'm cool with rewording it to go away from that direction. Honestly the note was pretty much just because I think the servers are better off without over 10 minutes of describing in increasing detail how much you need to go to the bathroom. I can just sort of drop the creepy/weird part of the note entirely if that's alright, even if you want to continue fighting for the complete removal of it.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
ZealousZeke
Byond Username: ZealousZeke

Post by ZealousZeke » #679584

NoxVS wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:38 am I'm cool with rewording it to go away from that direction. Honestly the note was pretty much just because I think the servers are better off without over 10 minutes of describing in increasing detail how much you need to go to the bathroom. I can just sort of drop the creepy/weird part of the note entirely if that's alright, even if you want to continue fighting for the complete removal of it.
I would like to continue to push for the complete removal of the note. I firmly believe that my conduct was not any more crude than current or past game content, accepted player conduct, or even staff conduct, such as the Ban Appeal rules author's profile picture or the Admin Complaint rules author's username. While I am unsure if the authors of these official forum rule posts are still active, Hibbles' profile picture and Hornygranny's username are still front, center, and cruder than that of poop jokes. Not that I have any personal problems with Hibbles' profile picture or Hornygranny's username, but I am using them for comparison to the actions of one poop clown to the accepted humor on display in official forum documentation on proper board conduct.

I'll concede that perhaps I overdid the gimmick for the round, but I feel that being an obnoxious clown is hardly a rule violation worthy of a note.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #679666

We would like to clarify that asking people to tone down or chill out on doing a gimmick is fine, and that rare one off things can also be fine. But as I'm sure you can understand there are certain things that we would collectively not like to see occurring regularly.

The note simply documents the gimmick in that regard. Nox is willing to rewrite it to axe the weird part, and we also agree it certainly doesn't meet rule 8 standards. So its not like its a 'stain on your record'.

As such the note will go from:
As a clown, did a gimmick about how much they need to go to the bathroom that quickly got into weird/creepy territory. Was understanding when asked not to continue with it.
To:
As a clown, did a gimmick about bathroom humor and needing to go to the bathroom. Was understanding when asked not to make it a routine occurrence.
---

Timberpoes: "Regularly doing stuff like this will really bum people out."
Hugs