conversion skeletons should count as antags

TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

conversion skeletons should count as antags

Post by TypicalRig » #679284

"You are the spooky skeleton! A new life and identity has begun. Help your fellow skeletons into bringing out the spooky-pocalypse. You haven't forgotten your past life, and are still beholden to past loyalties." - The exact flavour text you get upon being converted.

I got noted for killing one that was doing nothing on the basis that they "aren't an antag", but I can't be assed to write yet another note appeal over some vague grey area that isn't even properly covered by any rules (minus a headmin policy that declares ghost roles must follow their flavour text, but trumpet skeletons aren't "ghost roles", yet it's the closest thing I can find that has a similar premise). So I'm making it into a policy discussion.

My argument is as follows. Conversion skeletons have this flavour text to make more, thus making them an antag with an obligation to follow such objectives. Conversion skeletons also have the same meta protections that team antags do which keeps you from attacking them for race changing you after you've become a skeleton, because you are now on their side. So now, you are stuck as a skeleton indefinitely with no means of revenge. On top of this, not being able to attack them until proven guilty of using the instrument when they can irreversibly convert you with six hits, is too strong of a one-sided metaprotection. At least with revs, you can mindshield them in bulk to prevent their behaviour or test them. With skeletons, you are just expected to wait until they attack you first? What kind of braindead logic is this.

The skeleton players have also been treating it as such and already breaking into areas with a ridiculous amount of force to convert others, so clearly I'm not the only one confused about where they stand. At the bare minimum you shouldn't be punishing people for treating them as antags when they have an objective telling them they gotta convert others. It's a bit ridiculous.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Re: conversion skeletons should count as antags

Post by TypicalRig » #679287

FUCK YOU, CONRAD. BEAT ME TO IT... IGNORE THIS