local headmin loses his marbles?!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

local headmin loses his marbles?!

Post by TypicalRig » #689898

kieth4 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:46 pm Now that I've had some internal experience with them my view has changed. As such, consider this my updated review! The comment I posted here when they first got admin no longer rings true.

Nameless seems to be- with no other way to explain it- thin-skinned, when things don't go their way they really don't like it and get upset. This is fine, but it's also frustrating when trying to discuss solutions to potential issues and nameless is there decrying how the high standards of tg are about to fall.

I don't think they're a bad person by any means, I just think them to be incredibly emotionally immature which makes it difficult to be on the other side of an argument to them as they will say some pretty outlandish things and act incredibly melodramatic.
if this isn't the most childish reaction lol
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: local headmin loses his marbles?!

Post by dirk_mcblade » #689899

Head janny claps back at janny. Eliminates one gold star. All parties continue to work for free.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #689903

Well, you know what they say. "The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire". If you want to see more instances of friendly fire, my candidate thread had shots fired from oranges, Alphonzo, Hulk, Coco, Arm and probably more.

Traditionalist headmins will piss off people that want change. Disruptive headmins will piss off people that want status quo. If Headmins disagree in public they get people questioning if the term is breaking down. If they don't disagree in public they get people questioning why, how and what the fuck they're doing with any controversial decision or change. Player-focused headmins piss off admins. Admin-focused headmins piss off players.

This term was always going to be player-favoured though. The players indirectly got their #1 and #2 votes onto the headmin team. Me and Keith both stood on anti-traditionalist platforms. Nameless is a very traditionalist admin.

I think you'll find this is more a clash of ideology and clash of personality.

As a headmin, we'll never make everyone happy and chasing after that goal is a fool's errand. Most terms just want to leave some aspect of the servers in a stronger place than when they started, and hope to be remembered for that succeeding.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #689905

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:14 pm words words words
Right. It's still retaliatory, making it lame.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #689906

I think the alternative of the person to fire shots first having complete ownership over the narrative and attempts to bring an alternative perspective being shot down is even more lame, though.

The question is not "is Keith's retaliation lame?"

I think the question is "how much truth exists in Nameless's feedback and Kieth's responses?"

Probably ends up with the utterly boring outcome of: They kinda both probably have a point in their own subjective ways, and matching valid feedback with valid feedback shouldn't be discouraged when both parties are being honest.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #689907

Disagreeing is fine but that post was clearly made as a potshot and to vent. There was no purpose behind it other than to be snooty, which isn't what feedback is for. I think he's just ranting and I think one day he'll look back and and think oh fuck I shouldn't have posted that. I wish him the absolute best, hope he works on himself, hope he becomes a master of his own emotions and then has a laugh at the goober he once was.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #689908

TypicalRig wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:31 pm Disagreeing is fine but that post was clearly made as a potshot and to vent. There was no purpose behind it other than to be snooty, which isn't what feedback is for. I think he's just ranting and I think one day he'll look back and and think oh fuck I shouldn't have posted that. I wish him the absolute best, hope he works on himself, hope he becomes a master of his own emotions and then has a laugh at the goober he once was.
I got that reference.
conrad

Post by conrad » #689911

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:30 pm I think the alternative of the person to fire shots first having complete ownership over the narrative and attempts to bring an alternative perspective being shot down is even more lame, though.

The question is not "is Keith's retaliation lame?"

I think the question is "how much truth exists in Nameless's feedback and Kieth's responses?"

Probably ends up with the utterly boring outcome of: They kinda both probably have a point in their own subjective ways, and matching valid feedback with valid feedback shouldn't be discouraged when both parties are being honest.
There is no ownership of any narrative. There's Nameless ranting on a feedback thread about something we can all proceed to carry on with our lives, followed by Kieth doing the exact same thing.

Discussing truth in narrative is one thing. I think it's valid. Using feedback threads to lob dead cows is another.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #689914

On a more serious note, nobody is arguing that the initial complainer should have control of the narrative. I also think NamelessFairy's criticism came from a place of anger. But the whole "he started it!!!" argument is worn out and doesn't really get anything done aside from people collecting their internal Tumblr clapback internet points. I could've just as easily made a "NamelessFairy loses their marbles?!" thread with their rant, but the difference between NamelessFairy's rant and Kieth's is that when I see NamelessFairy's rant about Kieth, I see someone who is frustrated because they care about the server and things are happening that they think is bad for the server. When I see Kieth's rant it's just someone lashing out because they got lashed out at. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, and what not.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #689917

Valid. But the time for diplomacy has ended. Now we go to war.

This grudge can only be settled in one way.

We will elect goof as an honourary fourth headmin and he will oversee the Nameless x Kieth thunderdome.

Two cats enter. One victor leaves.

Starring Burt Reynolds. Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #689925

HOLY FUCK THE TERM IS DYING LMAO HAHAHAHAHAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAoR4h6SQGg
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #689926

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:53 pm Valid. But the time for diplomacy has ended. Now we go to war.

We will elect goof as an honourary fourth headmin and he will oversee the Nameless x Kieth thunderdome.

as someone who suffered under goof's small term as owner of hippiestation, please for the love of god never put them in a position of power
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #689927

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:38 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:53 pm Valid. But the time for diplomacy has ended. Now we go to war.

as someone who suffered under goof's small term as owner of hippiestation, please for the love of god never put them in a position of power
as someone who suffered under goof's small term as owner of hippiestation, I say let history repeat its self. bring forth the chaos. goof for headmin 2023!!!!
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #689928

TypicalRig wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:49 pm

as someone who prospered under goof's small term as owner of hippiestation, please for the love of god never put them in a position of power
as someone who prospered under goof's small term as owner of hippiestation, I say let history repeat its self. bring forth the chaos. goof for headmin 2023!!!!
weird way to say "prospered" but its ok i fixed it for you two
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #689933

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:03 pm
TypicalRig wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:49 pm

as someone who prospered under goof's small term as owner of hippiestation, please for the love of god never put them in a position of power
as someone who prospered under goof's small term as owner of hippiestation, I say let history repeat its self. bring forth the chaos. goof for headmin 2023!!!!
weird way to say "prospered" but its ok i fixed it for you two
ew, alternate timeline lolswat detected
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #689936

This term's gotten shit done. I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been the most civil term, but that's what happens when you shove three people who were elected in a room and they disagree on a core mentality of how things should work.

It's politics, baybee
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #689938

who cares
terms been good enough
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #689952

The absurdity of this team's emotionally fragile asses telling me not to come back until I have mastered my own emotions is not lost on me. Timberpoes needs people to kowtow to his superior attitude. I'm sorry if I'm "an odious cunt. A total fucking gremlin to deal with." Mr. Poes but if you're making decisions about players based on how they make you feel and not factual information then you are easily manipulated. If there's one thing I like less than a strict admin team, it's one that can be easily charmed.
Last edited by yobihodazine2 on Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #689959

So anyway, you're an odious cunt. A total fucking gremlin to deal with.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #689960

Yeah and I really fail to see the necessity of that invective. You made no effort to hide that I was a target from then on. Nothing could make me happier than the way things turned out.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #689962

When you get Perma banned in game, you should be immediately Perma banned from the players club tbh
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #689967

Adam Klein wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:26 pm When you get Perma banned in game, you should be immediately Perma banned from the players club tbh
but the content
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #689968

TypicalRig wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:07 pm
Adam Klein wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:26 pm When you get Perma banned in game, you should be immediately Perma banned from the players club tbh
but the content
not all content is entertaining content
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #689969

AwkwardStereo wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:28 pm
TypicalRig wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:07 pm
but the content
not all content is entertaining content
and not all entertaining content is entertaining enough to justify its existence.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #689971

When you have control over something that other people love, a semblance of power is formed. This can warrant testing and serious discussion. I do have a certain respect for them all, because it is clear I am removed for being unpleasant. I just wish they would spell it out instead of trying to justify it with notes or ic conflicts. Because there is not a single note I have that I didn't learn from.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #689973

TypicalRig wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:31 pm Disagreeing is fine but that post was clearly made as a potshot and to vent. There was no purpose behind it other than to be snooty
pretty sure this is all the admin feedback forum has ever been used for
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #689974

7pdjh5.jpg
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690000

If you ask me, it’s about bloody time the admin feedback threads were used for something other than admins’ friends saying how they are cool guys.

Let’s get some god damn REAL feedback in there for once, I’m all for it. Also let’s be real ain’t no player ever gonna leave negative admin feedback unless their level of “pissed” exceeds their more rational instinct to not shit on someone who will likely be deciding whether to ban or how to bwoink you later down the road.
Spoiler:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #690001

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:36 pm If you ask me, it’s about bloody time the admin feedback threads were used for something other than admins’ friends saying how they are cool guys.

Let’s get some god damn REAL feedback in there for once, I’m all for it. Also let’s be real ain’t no player ever gonna leave negative admin feedback unless their level of “pissed” exceeds their more rational instinct to not shit on someone who will likely be deciding whether to ban or how to bwoink you later down the road.
I would love negative feedback in my thread. Help me be a better admin!
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690007

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:53 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:36 pm If you ask me, it’s about bloody time the admin feedback threads were used for something other than admins’ friends saying how they are cool guys.

it’s a great paradox. admins that would gracefully accept negative feedback to improve, don’t need negative feedback because they’re good admins. admins that would accept it begrudgingly and keep the chip on their shoulder cause you left it, are the ones that need it most
Spoiler:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690036

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:51 am

it’s a great paradox. admins that would gracefully accept negative feedback to improve, don’t need negative feedback because they’re good admins. admins that would accept it begrudgingly and keep the chip on their shoulder cause you left it, are the ones that need it most
then start putting feedback out nobodies stopping you
if i could put a link to it in my adminwho i would
respect (let him do his thing)
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #690038

I think admins should definitely be calling each other out on their shit in feedback.

I think it is viewed as immature as it probably would've been better to place feedback after the headmin term as placing it turning kind of just makes it look like kieth is having a tantrum about nameless having a tantrum.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690041

kinnebian wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:51 am

i think ya missed the point of the post kinneb
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #690044

In this dystopian cyberpunk realm of 2077, my perception has undergone an internal shift, giving me a new perspective. Consider this an updated review, as the previous comment I shared upon their ascent to admin status no longer holds relevance in this augmented reality.

Nameless, in a world where identities blur and fade, exhibits an intriguing attribute - a thin-skinned nature that defies conventional explanation. When confronted with unfavorable outcomes, their response is visceral, reflecting a deep discomfort. While this response may be understandable, it becomes increasingly frustrating within the context of discussing potential issues and solutions. Nameless, draped in shadows of defiance, laments the impending downfall of TG's esteemed standards, shrouding the discourse in an aura of impending cybernetic chaos.

While I don't perceive them as malicious within the tangled web of this digital metropolis, their emotional immaturity shines through, casting an iridescent neon glow. Engaging in an argument with them feels like navigating a labyrinthine maze of distorted code, where their words manifest as glitched fragments and their actions unfold in an overblown, theatrical manner. Their melodramatic performance, reminiscent of shattered holograms flickering in the rain-soaked streets, adds an unsettling layer to our exchanges, leaving me questioning the authenticity of their responses.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690047

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:31 am
kinnebian wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:51 am

i think ya missed the point of the post kinneb
i should stop posting when i wake up on early mornings
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #690048

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:48 am In this dystopian cyberpunk realm of 2077, my perception has undergone an internal shift, giving me a new perspective. Consider this an updated review, as the previous comment I shared upon their ascent to admin status no longer holds relevance in this augmented reality.

Nameless, in a world where identities blur and fade, exhibits an intriguing attribute - a thin-skinned nature that defies conventional explanation. When confronted with unfavorable outcomes, their response is visceral, reflecting a deep discomfort. While this response may be understandable, it becomes increasingly frustrating within the context of discussing potential issues and solutions. Nameless, draped in shadows of defiance, laments the impending downfall of TG's esteemed standards, shrouding the discourse in an aura of impending cybernetic chaos.

While I don't perceive them as malicious within the tangled web of this digital metropolis, their emotional immaturity shines through, casting an iridescent neon glow. Engaging in an argument with them feels like navigating a labyrinthine maze of distorted code, where their words manifest as glitched fragments and their actions unfold in an overblown, theatrical manner. Their melodramatic performance, reminiscent of shattered holograms flickering in the rain-soaked streets, adds an unsettling layer to our exchanges, leaving me questioning the authenticity of their responses.
In future world 2077, me see things different now. Nameless, they sensitive and get mad when things bad. They worry about chaos and act like big drama. Me not sure if they real.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #690051

Give me feedback then, nerd
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #690068

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:48 am In this dystopian cyberpunk realm of 2077, my perception has undergone an internal shift, giving me a new perspective. Consider this an updated review, as the previous comment I shared upon their ascent to admin status no longer holds relevance in this augmented reality.

write the book
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690070

Drag wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:05 am

one time i considered leaving feedback on every admin’s thread that i had an opinion about. decided that was a phenomenally dumb idea for obvious reasons

BWOINK
“Axle killed me FNR literally can u look into this”
Abmin: “ :twisted: :twisted: You bet your ass I can”

BWOINK
Abmin: “Hey hey Sinful! Can I ask why you killed John Nanotrasen?” (HUEHUEHUE WELL WELL WELL IF IT ISNT THE SON OF A BITCH WHO SOILED MY FEEDBACK THREAD… I WONDER WHO ILL BE GIVING THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT TO TODAY!! AHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!)
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #690074

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:06 am

one time i considered leaving feedback on every admin’s thread that i had an opinion about. decided that was a phenomenally dumb idea for obvious reasons

BWOINK

BWOINK
Abmin: “Hey hey Sinful! Can I ask why you killed John Nanotrasen?” (HUEHUEHUE WELL WELL WELL IF IT ISNT THE SON OF A BITCH WHO SOILED MY FEEDBACK THREAD… I WONDER WHO ILL BE GIVING THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT TO TODAY!! AHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!)
Wuss
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #690077

i dont think i ever remembered the name of anyone who posted in my feedback thread when I was an admin so that's an unfounded fear. Admins are much more likely to know who you are from your constant peanut thread soapboxing
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #690080

BWOINK

BWOINK
You could ask for a different admin to handle your ticket and if you're accused of admin shopping you could tell the headmins on the forum that you will you are being specifically targeted by someone for saying they're a bad jannie in their feedback thread. The reason why people don't do negative feedback that much in feedback threads, in my belief, is that people who are ticked off that much by an admin are more likely to make a complaint thread than a feedback thread.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690081

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:38 am i dont think i ever remembered the name of anyone who posted in my feedback thread when I was an admin so that's an unfounded fear. Admins are much more likely to know who you are from your constant peanut thread soapboxing
of course you wouldn't remember anyone you were an admin like a decade ago pal. licherally was an admin before the n-word was banned
+ you prolly didn't get much if any negative feedback since it barely ever happens
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #690082

Iunno what the big deal is, kieth seems to be being pretty upfront and on the level with their feedback. It reads pretty constructively, and highlights the issues they have based on Nameless' conduct from their perspective. This doesn't seem confrontational except where people want to infer confrontation and drama-stirring.

Of course, as a headmin, they can approach the admin in question privately, but I think a feedback thread can its own historical record, which can be useful. There is a good degree of information lost as time rolls on and admins enter and depart, kieth included. He has had only his term in the headmin seat to have any experience in the tg admin team.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #690108

BWOINK

BWOINK
it's okay man admins hate all players anyway
► Show Spoiler
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #690115

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:06 am one time i considered leaving feedback on every admin’s thread that i had an opinion about. decided that was a phenomenally dumb idea for obvious reasons

BWOINK

BWOINK
You're being silly, sinful. If you really believe an admin is that childish, you should just complain to the headmins so they can keep an eye out on them (don't tell this to the others, but you can DM them). There is nothing more toxic to the admin team (and consequentially the playerbase) than an admin who does shit incorrectly and cannot see their own mistake, followed up by begrudgingly punishing (directly or indirectly) the player who called them out.

However, this is a hard thing to prove anyway, so you shouldn't go around blindly accusing admins of being begrudging pieces of shit, because that won't lead you anywhere in the first place. In the case you don't have proof of that yourself, why assume the admins will hold a grudge against you? I wouldn't. I'd be like "Eh, what did I do to this guy?" but I'd then just deal with it and move on because acceptance is necessary to improve from our mistakes (100% confirmed true fact). I understand that maybe not every admin may see it the same way as I do, but I bet the majority of us just want to use that feedback to do stuff better. At the end of the day, we're not here because we enjoy the power trip (sometimes (many times) it's actually a fucking headache to admin), but because we want to improve the players' experience (or at least we try to).
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #690118

BWOINK

BWOINK
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=20833
Scenario/Adminhelp
Firstly, the actual situation that was ahelped: Nabski made the wrong call here. Taking an ahelp involving someone with an open complaint against you is poor conduct itself (you should recuse yourself in this sort of scenario), but the actual situation was dealt with incorrectly, too. It wasn't unreasonable for the roboticist (SpookyPurpleCat) to make someone who was acting like an antagonist into a revolutionary, especially when ordered to by a security officer, who are generally thought to be an authority on crime/antagonists. Now, receiving an order to do something from security isn't always an excuse to do something, but the point is that the roboticist in this case clearly had sufficient IC reasoning to do what they did.
If you made a bad review on the admin and it directly affects a later ruling on you then it is grounds for an appeal and complaint.
For a person who's very outspoken I'm surprised you didn't even think of this.
Last edited by Archie700 on Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690120

Justice12354 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:15 pm You're being silly, sinful. If you really believe an admin is that childish, you should just complain to the headmins so they can keep an eye out on them (don't tell this to the others, but you can DM them). There is nothing more toxic to the admin team (and consequentially the playerbase) than an admin who does shit incorrectly and cannot see their own mistake, followed up by begrudgingly punishing (directly or indirectly) the player who called them out.

However, this is a hard thing to prove anyway, so you shouldn't go around blindly accusing admins of being begrudging pieces of shit, because that won't lead you anywhere in the first place. In the case you don't have proof of that yourself, why assume the admins will hold a grudge against you? I wouldn't. I'd be like "Eh, what did I do to this guy?" but I'd then just deal with it and move on because acceptance is necessary to improve from our mistakes (100% confirmed true fact). I understand that maybe not every admin may see it the same way as I do, but I bet the majority of us just want to use that feedback to do stuff better. At the end of the day, we're not here because we enjoy the power trip (sometimes (many times) it's actually a fucking headache to admin), but because we want to improve the players' experience (or at least we try to).
When I went to college, there was a feedback system for students to leave feedback on their professors. Not only was this anonymous, but the school went to even greater lengths -- your review wasn't even released to the professors until after your final grades were submitted. This was so that they couldn't deduce who the student that reviewed them was, and then possibly grade them differently.

I share this for one reason: if the powers that be decided that bias is a significant enough of a risk to PhD college professors to both anonymize and delay the release of their reviews, what makes you think SS13 admins are anymore immune?
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #690123

/tg/ Admins do not affect your future prospects in the job market.

You're comparing a degree in college to bans from one ss13 server.
Last edited by Archie700 on Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #690124

lol, lmao even.