In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Xzero314

Cheshify| xzero314 |Note Appeal.

Post by xzero314 » #690871

BYOND account: xzero314
Character name: Clara White
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note
Ban reason: Warned not to tell people they were "Calling the gods on them", aside from being lame, it's OOC in IC to do so.
Time ban was placed: 2023-06-18 19:49:31
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 208493
Your side of the story: So I was a heretic. I thought I had been unjustly gunned down by the detective with their pistol. from my point of view I was properly cooperating up until the point I got shot at then I ran and tried to surrender. I ended up getting gunned down. I was upset about that, so I said I was going to call the gods about it. From my point of view this wasnt an attempt to ooc ic. The admin told me during the ticket it is not something that is IC but people refer to the gods IC All the time. I thought I was being both IC and jusified in making the comment. Normally I dont say any kind OOC stuff at all so I am kinda bothered they felt the need to add this note.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am not somebody who goes around whining about calling the admins or gods or oocing. This was a one time thing due to me being salty over a pretty good pacifist heretic run ending in me getting gunned down while trying to surrender from my point of view

Anything else we should know: The only other Note I have is for spamming and that was not even an intentional spam. I am generally a good player and I was the one who started the ahelp yet I was left a note. I don't think It was very fair to leave that note I wasnt trying to ooc in bad faith and from my point of view I was the wronged party.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: Cheshify| xzero314 |Note Appeal.

Post by Cheshify » #690875

So a few things: As we discussed in the ticket, they never shot at you until you bladebroke and ran into maint, just want to set that straight. As for the actual note, it's incredibly minor, expires in two months, and it's intention is that it serves as a reminder that "calling on the gods" is inherently OOC in IC.

I know you don't see this as OOC in IC but it very literally is, threatening to call the admins on someone, even with flowery language, is still threatening to call the admins on someone. It's not something we allow and even though people do it, I stay consistent with reminding people via admin actions that it's not alright.

As for the actual note, it expires in two months (Expires 2023-08-18 00:00:00). It is factual in nature, and I don't see a reason to remove it if it's going to expire, and you're not going to be doing this again as you said.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
xzero314
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Xzero314

Post by xzero314 » #690878

In regards to them not shooting at me until I broke blade. Somebody did shoot something. I dipped into the court and pulled out the heretic robe and blade Because I saw projectiles. I feel this is relevant because it shows my intent was to actually surrender.

The reason I want it removed is because you never know what other thing might come up.
I dont ever intend to break the rules. Ever. but clearly that isnt enough to not get noted. I wasnt trying to ooc at all. I wasn't aware that referring to the gods was ooc until the ticket at all. Leaving the note could get me in bigger trouble and I haven't really broken the spirit of attempting to break them and grief somebody elses game. I dont feel the note is needed as a reminder. I dont ever intend on oocing ic.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #690882

I'll throw in here with Chesh to clarify that, while a lot of players refer to admins as 'gods' IC (since we answer prayers), it's never really been an official thing. If anything, we're closer to centcomm admins, but I digress.

It's generally considered very poor form to tell someone you're calling the admins on them. Not only is it incredibly dorky to do so, it's considered to be OOC in IC, or referring to an OOC concept (like rounds, servers, maps, etc.) in an IC context. We don't allow it, though it's admittedly a very minor transgression, hence Chesh putting it as an expiring note. When 8/18 comes to pass, the note will actually stop existing on your account as if we'd deleted it.

Additionally, notes have to either be "factually or materially incorrect" or "unfairly paint the player in a bad light" in order to be appealed. While I can't comment on the latter without straying into peanut territory, the note does appear to be accurate.

I wouldn't be concerned about this impacting you in the future unless you make the exact same mistake again.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #690899

Generally we permit referring to admins as Gods when it's IC-Godly-acts such as prayers or smites involved.

But when you're crying about rule breaks or threatening players with ahelps because your rattle fell out of your pram, it's OOC in IC. You're trying to refer to the OOC concepts of ahelp tickets and rule enforcement. Referring to an ahelp or the intent to ahelp IC in any way is super mega ultra cringe at best and failRP OOC in IC at worst.

Don't do it again and the note will automatically expire in a couple of months. Since you said you won't, there's no issue here. That's really all there is to it.

Timberpoes: Wrote it ^
Kieth4: Approved it ^
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin