Bieyes
Byond Username: Bieyes

[Timberpoes] Bieyes - Perma Ban

Post by Bieyes » #691761

BYOND account: Bieyes
Character name: Jalen Whiteman
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Since September 2022 you have racked up 40,000 living minutes and 58,000 minutes of being banned from the server and over 100k minutes of being role banned. Some two dozen and change other assorted notes for poor play. Your record is so bad that an admin has asked the headmin team to consider placing a discretionary quality control ban. Having looked into your history, I am indivudally granting that request. Your history over the past year reveals a gameplay pattern that repeatedly and consistently falls below our lowest standards, and I think our servers are better off without you playing.
Time ban was placed: 2023-5-13 18:41:13
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 205613
Your side of the story: Through out my 'short' time of playing Terry I've gained 50+ notes and only a single one was positive, even though I did try to not break the rules like every other normal player I kept breaking them. It was my fault for breaking them. I'd be stupid and do stupid stuff like maxcap the kitchen after being warned not to come inside with a TTV bomb in my hand. In all honesty, I thought it was funny and that I was being 'funny' but now I have realised I was being a major dickhead. I'm a pyschopath trying to play SS13, I've read the rules in all honesty that's why I ahelped and reported antag rollers in dchat which is hypocritical of me. But I cant seem to find a way to stop breaking the rules since i've always been aggressive.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I have stuff I cannot forget on /tg/. It's been a month since I have been banned which is barely a viable amount of time taken off but people insisted that I take my 'chances' and apply since people really want to see this apply for some reason. I've realised how to not actually break the rules lately and have improvised and the bans I got post this permaban were very recent to the permaban itself. My excuse for that is that it was hard to accept and migrate to mrp servers but I think it was just a result of me not following the rules. I've found a way to stop gaining notes and the recent notes I have actually gotten was a result of misunderstanding and not knowing about a feature. I will not be a shitter and gain a ban daily and weekly. I cannot forget about /tg/ since it impacted me alot. I would rather be unbanned from /tg/ and get permabanned again if I got a single note than waiting 12 entire months to reappeal this appeal of the worst bans gained by someone. I've been suggested by some to get a vouch and I think atleast I have gotten one. I am sorry for what I've done in /tg/ I was being stupid and thinking I was being 'funny.' I will try my best to not break the conduct of /tg/ again and will be very mindful to not gain any notes if I get unbanned.

References of good conduct: Beestation (gained three very minor notes for misunderstanding features that I did not know about and misread.), Fulpstation, Yogstation, Paradise station (gained zero notes while on the server(post this permaban)), Shiptest.

Anything else we should know: While all I have been saying has been mostly good things, there are negative things aswell. This includes how I got banned permanently from Fulpstation (again) and Yogstation. I also got banned from Shiptest for 14 days. This is a bad example of me reforming myself as it shows that I cannot follow the rules on any server, but while my Shiptest ban was just I feel like my Yogstation and Fulpstation ban was very unjust. This is not the place to appeal those two permanent bans but the reason for those bans were very odd so I'd like to briefly explain them and defend myself. The fulpstation ban was where I killed someone who was self antagging and being an overall dick when I ahelped them. I killed them because they refused to give my id card and my bag back and even denied to even have stolen them, low and behold, when they died there was my id card in their bag. Yogstation ban, banned for killing and cremating a traitor who had the AI screaming for help in their bag and when every single security officer was dead. I know the rules of Yogstation where you cannot valid hunt under ANY circumstances but I felt this was just, but the cremating was too far I admit. Those are my brief explanations of two of my three bans I gained just to clear myself up a bit. I've also been banned from the /tg/ discord server but this is not an appeal for that either, I have still not gotten a reason for that ban yet either.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Timberpoes] Bieyes - Perma Ban

Post by Timberpoes » #691774

I'm going to lay out some opening context here.

You have about ~665 living hours on the game servers. That is, hours which you've been participating in the game and haven't just been an observer.

Your server ban history totals 975 hours:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

12/09/2022	1 day
05/10/2022	2 days
07/10/2022	3 days
12/10/2022	7 days
28/10/2022	1 day
07/11/2022	7 days
04/01/2023	7 days
05/02/2023	1 day
18/03/2023	3 days
03/04/2023	7 days
19/04/2023	3 hours
24/04/2023	12 hours
08/05/2023	1 day
With 1776 hours of role bans:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Command	02/10/2022	3 days
Ghost	28/10/2022	14 days
Silicon	05/02/2023	28 days
Command	04/03/2023	1 day
Command	18/03/2023	14 days
ERT	03/05/2023	14 days
And I placed the quality control ban because an admin brought you and your history up and what I saw was something I did not like.

Now, on to what you have to say about it.
Bieyes wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:13 pmYour side of the story: Through out my 'short' time of playing Terry I've gained 50+ notes and only a single one was positive, even though I did try to not break the rules like every other normal player I kept breaking them. It was my fault for breaking them. I'd be stupid and do stupid stuff like maxcap the kitchen after being warned not to come inside with a TTV bomb in my hand. In all honesty, I thought it was funny and that I was being 'funny' but now I have realised I was being a major dickhead. I'm a pyschopath trying to play SS13, I've read the rules in all honesty that's why I ahelped and reported antag rollers in dchat which is hypocritical of me. But I cant seem to find a way to stop breaking the rules since i've always been aggressive.
I appreciate your candid honesty here. I think it's quite obvious there are some monumental issues with your playstyle on our servers and you totally understand this. Understanding is a key part of figuring out what the problems are and how to overcome them.
Bieyes wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:13 pmWhy you think you should be unbanned: I have stuff I cannot forget on /tg/. It's been a month since I have been banned which is barely a viable amount of time taken off but people insisted that I take my 'chances' and apply since people really want to see this apply for some reason. I've realised how to not actually break the rules lately and have improvised and the bans I got post this permaban were very recent to the permaban itself. My excuse for that is that it was hard to accept and migrate to mrp servers but I think it was just a result of me not following the rules ...
I think you should apply a little common sense here and ask why people are asking you to appeal this. Maybe some of them genuinely want you back, but I have a reputation and many of them may just be baiting you to watch the fireworks.

While I am known for being a very lenient admin that is tuned up on second chances...
Bieyes wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:13 pm... I've found a way to stop gaining notes and the recent notes I have actually gotten was a result of misunderstanding and not knowing about a feature. I will not be a shitter and gain a ban daily and weekly. I cannot forget about /tg/ since it impacted me alot. I would rather be unbanned from /tg/ and get permabanned again if I got a single note than waiting 12 entire months to reappeal this appeal of the worst bans gained by someone. I've been suggested by some to get a vouch and I think atleast I have gotten one. I am sorry for what I've done in /tg/ I was being stupid and thinking I was being 'funny.' I will try my best to not break the conduct of /tg/ again and will be very mindful to not gain any notes if I get unbanned.
... You and I both know that on the basis of this appeal, you'll find yourself perma-banned again by the end of August at the latest.

Me unbanning you would be setting you up to fail, and any mountain you'd have to climb would be all that much harder when it's a second permaban. It would be a waste of time for you, a waste of time for me and a waste of time for the future admin that bans you (probably would be me again).

So I am going to be denying this appeal.

But although I haven't given you a second chance with the unban, I will give you a second chance to appeal. I am not going to force the re-appeal timer to 12 months, I think denying the appeal is bad enough. I'll allow you to re-appeal whenever you want as long as you can give me faith you won't just relapse and get rebanned.

What would give me that faith? I want some proof that unbanning you will not be a waste of time. Proof that you are capable of following the rules and playing nicely with all the other children in the sandbox.

So I will allow you to re-appeal this ban either in 12 months, or when you have managed to play 200 rounds on another reputable server without getting a single serious note and absolutely zero bans during that time plus that server is willing to vouch as such.

You've played a total of 1268 rounds here between September '22 and May '23, so I don't think I'm asking you to do the impossible. If you can play 200 rounds without problem than it will give me confidence there's a non-zero chance of me unbanning you leading to a fairytale ending where we all live happily ever after, instead of the scorpion stinging the frog.

And my hope is that by giving you a goal to work towards, it can act as motivation for you to improve the way you play SS13. And the reality is - pretty much every other server we'd accept a vouch from is going to have more strict rules and more strict administration than we do. If you can get used to that, you'll probably be one of our best players on your return.

Otherwise, I'll be seeing you in a year I suspect.

Bieyes wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:13 pm I've also been banned from the /tg/ discord server but this is not an appeal for that either, I have still not gotten a reason for that ban yet either.
Case #863 | Ban 🔨
Reason: Random harassment of another user (spamming "shut up retard" in general chat) and then calling discord jannies after they responded by addressing them as their current username of "Retarded psychopath". This reads like banbaiting, and the entire call was for pointless reasoning at best.
Moderator: omega_darkpotato (199526086751682560)
20/06/2023 18:55
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Timberpoes] Bieyes - Perma Ban

Post by Timberpoes » #693206

Since you've not replied since my post over a week ago, I'm going to assume you understand and are currently grinding up your 200 problem-free rounds on another server.

Good luck! :)
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin