theREALsomah69
Byond Username: Somah69

JaredFogle - Somah69 - Mercy

Post by theREALsomah69 » #691831

BYOND account: Somah69

Character name: Paris Konets

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... hot_21.png

Time ban was placed: 02:50:53

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 174573

Your side of the story: Exactly as the ban is written. I was being an obnoxious fool, and ban evaded several times.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I have REFORMED. I am a much more empathic man now. The Paris Konets you once knew is completely gone. I understand JaredFogle asked me to return within six months and a vouch. However, I can't STAND a minute of "MRP" Tg code. It's all the issues of Tg without any of the good. So I turned my attention to the Fallout servers. Since my ban, totaling all the Fallout Severs, I have around 700+ Hours. Now I will tell you the story of these servers to make my case.

A quick note of the past I sporadically played F13 servers for a long time, specifically Fortune13. However, that server is long past, and my reputation could have been better.

Atombomb, the first F13 server since my ban, I mained. Atombomb was an MRP-HRP server. Can you believe it? Paris Konets is playing an HRP server. Anyway, with Atombomb, I hope; my substitution for a vouch is accepted. I was a mentor, lest I be vainglorious here: A SUPERB mentor. I was, most of the time, the only mentor online. I answered all questions with haste, and if I was not familiar with a particular question. I would diligently figure it out for my helpless Interloctur. Nevertheless, Atombomb, like many like it, fell to Schizophrenia. The host, a fickle and capricious man, decided to delete the ENTIRE server randomly.

Big Iron/The Wasteland, the server made directly after Atombomb: Big Iron, was created by admins of the previous server. Due to my past in Atombomb, I was asked to be a mentor on this server, and I accepted. Everything was great for a time on Big Iron until an admin, whom I will not name, decided he did not like being killed by me. This admin spent every waking hour trying to get me banned. Each time I appealed, I refuted his claim, and he was "Rephreimanded" I was sick of this nepotism and resigned as a mentor. I played further on the server until it slowly died. People were sick of the admins having favorites, and now the server is no more.

It has been one year and six months-ish since my last ban—a year since my appeal. I ask for forgiveness. Like Jesus wedded the hooker. I do hope Tgstation may let Paris Konets into its loving embrace.

I have also created a video of me on TG and F13. Your heart will sob at the memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRJGUk7dOD0

References of good conduct: Mentor on two servers.

Anything else we should know: Fulpstation doesn't allow a permabanned Person to appeal twice, which breeds ban evading. That may be why their server is griefed so often. Yogstation, I despise Yogstation. It is an awful server. The server: lags has old code, and old people running it.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: JaredFogle - Somah69 - Mercy

Post by Timberpoes » #691882

Mothblocks isn't an admin anymore and I'm going to hijack this appeal for a bit of fun.

You were basically quality control banned, i.e. your play had zero quality.

This perma was placed 2021-12-11 02:50:54 following this note placed 3 days prior:
2021-12-08 03:37:21
jaredfogle
After having been watched for an extensive period of time, has notably generally poor play, regular line toeing, and acting on whether they *can* do something and not whether they *should*, making rounds they play in unfun for others, and frustrating to be an admin in. Has racked up such an extensive recent note history, in this realm, and has been warned that continuing to play in a way detrimental to rounds will get him removed.
You were banned for evasion like eleventy billion times soon after this.

In your last appeal Mothblocks gave you a path back. A vouch and the passage of time.

We're a year on from the last appeal, so passage of time is ticked. But it'll be a very cold day in hell before I accept any vouch from any misbegotten Fallout 13 servers.

So here's what I've done: I've turned your peanut thread into a poll, Morty. It's a peanut poll!

The community will decide whether you get a second chance or not. They will stand in as your reputable vouch.

I will leave the poll running for 7 days and 7 nights. Whatever the result when I conclude it, we will go with.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
theREALsomah69

Post by theREALsomah69 » #691890

I am just like Socrates
theREALsomah69

Post by theREALsomah69 » #692256

My friends Of Tgstation. Let it be said that you are all my brothers and sisters. And even though you may vote, plead, and beg to keep me banned. I forgive you; however, most importantly. I forgive myself. I forgive myself for being an asshole and an edgy kid. To try so hard as a plea for attention. I forgive myself for this.

I have taken considerable time to introspect on my past in Tg and real life. I thought I was unworthy and that I was not enough. I felt to be enough was to be a "tough guy" in an internet space simulator. After reading the "Notes from Underground," I started to THINK how these individuals could have felt from what I did in Tg. For who knows what my consequence was! Who knows if some ten-year-old is playing this game to escape their drunk, abusive father, and I have spoiled it for them out of my own egocentricity and dearth of self-control.

Man will not need government when man learns to govern himself. When a man has empathy, he doesn't wish any negative wishes on someone else. For he can emphasize with the victim or perpetrator.

To be selfless, you must first be selfish. I have learned to govern myself in this past year. And I hope you reconsider your judgment to keep me banned.

In my time away, I have taken time to learn some Mandarin.
我叫 Paris Konet 我会说一点中文

Cornel West, 2024

Sincerely,
Paris Konets
theREALsomah69

Post by theREALsomah69 » #692632

"im just going to say, dont unban him, he's banned from multiple f13 servers and has been genuinely awful every time i've seen him on one, atleast in the discords." - Serxrule players club Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:50 AM.

Serxule, I've only been perma banned on one F13 server because I didn't want to send my driver's license to someone in Discord messages. You claim I am awful on every F13 server. Yet Every time you died in Atombomb, and Big Iron, you blew your lid in OOC and harangued about how this or that is op. Then you raged in the discord. Remember that time on Big Iron when I killed you with a mace glove while you were a BOS knight? You instantly started ranting about how a mace glove op in OOC. I remember it becoming a meme when you died about how long it would take you to rage. Also, you got banned on TG for doing the same thing you would do daily in F13. Do some soul-searching, my dude, before projecting onto me.
theREALsomah69

Post by theREALsomah69 » #692666

oranges wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:27 pm Attacking someone posting in a peanut thread about your ban appeal in your ban appeal is certainly a strategy for appealing.
I'm not attacking anyone, Oranges. I'm pointing out logical inconsistencies and irony in Serxules' argument to maintain my ban. Shall I let him post instead and deal with the repercussions of people believing him? Certainly not; that would only further people to vote no on my unban.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #692676

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this for the sake of preventing further arguments. Timber can unlock it if he wants to, or we can unlock it once the poll ends.]

E: THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN

AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #693207

Thanks to everyone for taking part in this fun little meme/experiment.

We've managed to transform what was an obvious denial into a bit of fun and intrigue over the past week, with a twist ending.

SS13 is a game and games are meant to be fun, the community is meant to be an enjoyable place to be. Somah's previous stint as a player made many people genuinely miserable. I wanted to leave a different message from this appeal: We can be a little random and silly and break the mould from time to time, as long as we do it in good faith and are good sports about it all. Even if Somah just gets banned again, it was a good laugh and we turned a negative appeal about a negative player into some fun community interaction.

True to my word, majority rules and the process for unbanning Somah69 will now begin. I don't expect it to be quick and painless, but we have all the time in the world.

Why not quick and painless? One of Mothblocks' defining features of late 2021 was banning Somah69 evasion alts. So the next step we've got is dealing with that.

So the next step: I want and need a comprehensive list of all your evasion accounts so I can make sure you don't get caught up in their bans. Somah69 will be the account you play here using.

I did my part, now it's time to do your part to help me unban you easily. I will not be impressed if I have to come back half a dozen times bopping off accounts you forgot to mention, so please be thorough.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
theREALsomah69

Post by theREALsomah69 » #693211

Romeqeux
Gobliurve
Cenami
Kifo69
Camerino
vetocoilo
josoman
sokaki
moxieslik
This should be all of them. I can't find any more on the public bans list.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #693218

Thanks! I'll see about untangling the web of evasion bans at some point tomorrow. Stay tuned for an update on that front.

As a foreword before that though... Second chances are cheap, if I bundle your original ban and evasion attempts into one single neat little package and call all those fuckups your first combined chance.

The current headmin team has been especially ruthless with authorising bans for high-maintence players that are taking up far too much of the admin team's time with their shenanigans.

I want you to be under no illusions. Fuck around with this chance and you will find out.

And not just this term. I guarantee you that all future Headmins are going to be both far more sensible than I am and far less willing to do dumb shit on a whim simply because they find it fun.

I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.

Please don't let me down. And please don't let everyone else that voted to meme you outta the gutter and back onto our game servers down, either.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #693271

Your Somah69 account is now unbanned and the evasion accounts have been handled and cross-linked to you.

Can you let me know here when you've successfully connected to the game servers? It'll let me know I've properly handled things and that I can close this appeal.

I've left the following note on your account:
I've just unbanned Somah69 via handling their appeal in a fun/memey fashion: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34335.

Although their admin history is limited, it was annoying enough that the admin team escalated from 1 day ban, to a 3 day ban, to permaban.

They then attempted to evade on some 9+ accounts.

Quoting Mothblocks in their original appeal: "In your mere 122 hours of play, you were one of the most frustrating people to be around ... a handful of Sybil admins being on the border of just flat out quitting until someone did something ... you were doing your best to make the experiences of other players miserable ... you dragged tickets on and were hostile to admins trying to get you to treat other players like they were in any way human and not just target practice."

Both the player and future admins should consider these words well when dealing with Somah69. If Somah69 finds themselves validly banned again during the remainder of my headmin term, I will not be voting to unban them regardless of how harsh that ban may be.
I will once again remind you that under the current headmin team, admins have found more headmin support for temp banning and permanently banning players that cause serious or repeated issues than in the past. This is the "fuck around, find out" clause.

Unlike the last time you were banned, there will be no admin team drama and people thinking of quitting the admin team over being unable to deal with you if you cause problems. The headmin team are not going to be an obstacle to them handling you. You will simply be removed again. And I think it's safe to say any future permaban will genuinely be permanent.

You have been forewarned.
theREALsomah69

Post by theREALsomah69 » #693299

Im in ty
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #693303

o7