marshturtle69
Byond Username: Marshturtle

[Rageguy505] - Banned for going AFK on shuttle and note history

Post by marshturtle69 » #694127

BYOND account: Marshturtle
Character name: Marsh Mothington
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Joined the round and immiediately went AFK, recent note history also goes against your probation."
Time ban was placed: 2023-07-15 03:43:00
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 210268
Your side of the story: I just joined the round and I had to go
Why you think you should be unbanned: I apologize for the recent note history part, but I literally just had something I needed to do.
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Re: [Rageguy505] - Banned for going AFK on shuttle and note history

Post by Scriptis » #694131

I +1ed this permanent ban as you clearly weren't taking probation seriously.

Here are all of your notes since you were placed onto probation:

Code: Select all

marshturtle 2023-07-13 20:50:54 rectification Sybil
Overescilated after breaking into the bridge leading to three deaths. Recognized that this was a mistake pretty much instantly, and dealt with the consequences ic.

marshturtle 2023-07-11 00:50:52 wabash Sybil
Spammed "Did you know? Despite only making up around 10% of the station population, security murders, steals, and hides more bodies than all EOC's combined yearly." don't do this.

marshturtle 2023-07-02 07:46:29 conradthunderbunch Sybil
Banned from the server for 1 day - Ahelped before entering conflict asking why someone wasn't QC'd, admin shopped, antag prodded and, seemingly, was banbaiting. Please refer to the rules, particularly headmin rulings, around these issues.

marshturtle 2023-06-21 21:46:53 vekter Sybil
Banned from the server for 12 hours - Has established a habit of stealing peoples' wheelchairs because I guess he thinks it's funny. Did this to the clown who splashed him with acid in retaliation, then decapitated the clown. You can't start an escalation by breaking the rules then immediately escalate to lethals when they're understandably upset. There's no valid reason to take someone's wheelchair that doesn't involve breaking rule 1 or escalation baiting and you shouldn't do either.

marshturtle 2023-05-18 02:12:54 rageguy505 Sybil
As a zombie emoted stuff like "Heretics make sacrifices" and "we love casting ancient rites". Said they reciting a meme. Was told to not do this.

marshturtle 2023-04-22 20:13:11 scriptis Sybil
On probation until the 22nd of October 2023, instead of waiting out the full year for their metacommunications ban. If this player egregiously overescalates in poor faith before then, issue a permanent ban and notify Scriptis.
Correlating this with your active hours, this seems pretty evident to me that you were accruing notes at an unacceptable pace when you've been online.

Assuming Rageguy does not overturn this appeal, you are free to appeal again in a year (14 Jul 2024).
Spoiler:

Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #694132

I did this for scriptis since your probation said " If this player egregiously overescalates in poor faith before then, issue a permanent ban and notify Scriptis" and Scriptis has been to busy to familiarize yourself with your current notes since nobody told him.
Also you were just sitting in the Arrival Shuttle SSD which generally looks like antag rolling. I don't really see a reason to overturn this appeal.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #694137

This appeal is going to be a mess so I'm stepping in early to put some thoughts down.

This incident shouldn't have been linked to the probation, as it has nothing to do with it:
On probation until the 22nd of October 2023, instead of waiting out the full year for their metacommunications ban. If this player egregiously overescalates in poor faith before then, issue a permanent ban and notify Scriptis.
Tacking it onto an unrelated issue is highly unpalatable to me, even if the end result would be the same (Scriptis invokes probation for other notes, permas and it gets upheld separately.)

If the other admins didn't choose to perma under the probation terms, it is for Scriptis to justify permaing them instead and the decision to pick this point in time to do so.

It's also good due diligence to find out why previous admins didn't choose to perma over the probation breach, which would form a key part of any decision made.

This approach would also let us deal with this SSD part cleanly.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #694163

Round ID: 210268
Game.txt: here

Marshturtle joined as a lateround engineer

03:22:19	ACCESS	Login: Marshturtle from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v514.1589		
03:22:20	ACCESS	Mob Login: Marshturtle/(Marshturtle) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player		
03:22:20	GAME	Marshturtle/(Marshturtle) Client Marshturtle/(Marshturtle) has taken ownership of mob Marshturtle(/mob/dead/new_player)	(8, 248, 1)	start area
03:23:46	GAME	*no key*/(Marshturtle) *no key*/(Marshturtle) is no longer owning mob Marshturtle(/mob/dead/new_player)	(8, 248, 1)	start area
03:23:46	ACCESS	Mob Login: Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human		
03:23:46	GAME	Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) Client Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) has taken ownership of mob Marsh Mothington(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(94, 39, 13)	Arrival Shuttle
03:23:58	ACCESS	Logout: Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington)		
03:23:58	GAME	Marshturtle[DC]/(Marsh Mothington) Marshturtle[DC]/(Marsh Mothington) is no longer owning mob Marsh Mothington(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(29, 125, 3)	Arrival Shuttle
03:34:37	COMPAT	ADMIN: Rageguy505/(Millie Mothre) checked the individual player panel for Marshturtle[DC]/(Marsh Mothington).		
03:34:48	COMPAT	ADMIN: Bugstep/(Palladium XIV) checked the individual player panel for Marshturtle[DC]/(Marsh Mothington).		
03:35:07	COMPAT	ADMIN: Bugstep/(Palladium XIV) checked the individual player panel for Marshturtle[DC]/(Marsh Mothington).		
03:39:44	COMPAT	ADMIN: Rageguy505/(Millie Mothre) checked the individual player panel for Marshturtle[DC]/(Marsh Mothington).		
Previous round, he was active as an non-antagonist.

02:15:29	ACCESS	Login: Marshturtle from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v514.1589		
02:15:30	ACCESS	Mob Login: Marshturtle/(Marshturtle) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player		
02:15:31	GAME	Marshturtle/(Marshturtle) Client Marshturtle/(Marshturtle) has taken ownership of mob Marshturtle(/mob/dead/new_player)	(8, 248, 1)	start area
02:16:23	GAME	*no key*/(Marshturtle) *no key*/(Marshturtle) is no longer owning mob Marshturtle(/mob/dead/new_player)	(8, 248, 1)	start area
02:16:23	ACCESS	Mob Login: Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human		
02:16:23	GAME	Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) Client Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) has taken ownership of mob Marsh Mothington(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(91, 48, 12)	Arrival Shuttle
02:17:51	SAY	Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) "Anyways"	(100, 112, 2)	Engineering
02:17:57	SAY	Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) "What is happeneing on the statshit"	(100, 112, 2)	Engineering
02:19:38	EMOTE	Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) points at Wolf Muddler	(170, 107, 2)	Aft Central Primary Hallway
02:19:43	SAY	Marshturtle/(Marsh Mothington) "Felinid Inspector"	(170, 107, 2)	Aft Central Primary Hallway
Rule 1 Precedents
Rule 1 Precedents wrote:Regularly starting a round just to see if you are an antagonist (antag rolling) then exiting it (via any means) is not allowed. This also covers any attempts to maximize antagonist probability.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #694184

Hi, I unbanned you and left a note saying "Joined the round and immiediately went SSD, this looks like antag rolling. Don't do this."
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #694188

Addendum, the probation ban looked totally valid without me doing any deeper digging.

However, it really should have been placed separate to this note instead of combined.

I invited Scriptis to re-ban you separately but he's currently content to give you one last bit of time to not fuck your probation up any further.

Be aware that, given proper investigation, your probation perma could be reactivated right now and upheld on appeal. This will be true all the way into October.

You were unbanned this time simply because of an appeal technicality and meddlesome headmin. Lady luck was on your side in that Scriptis is happy to see you screw up a little more in light of this appeal.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin