Trevic's Ban Appeal

Post by Trevic » #694462

BYOND account: Trevic
Character name: Not sure its been so long
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Ban Evading Alt of Trevax/trevic/axtrev/theschwooper"
Time ban was placed: 2022-11-14
Server you were playing on when banned: Im not entirely sure to be honest.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 194304
Your side of the story: It was an understandable ban, I was ban evading when I should've just came an appealed in the first place.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I admit I've definitely made some mistakes in the past which led to the initial bans, Im not here to make any excuses. Just here to apologize and accept responsibility. I shouldn't have ban evaded in the first place and honestly am sorry that I did it. All I am asking is for one last chance, I have read the rules and fully understand them and intend to follow them to the best of my abilities. It has been quite a long time since I have last played on TG and im not sure what I did to initially get banned but Im not denying the fact that I most likely deserved it. I'm only asking to be forgiven and given another chance.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Trevic's Ban Appeal

Post by Vekter » #694492

Hey, thanks for appealing.

Now, as far as I can tell, your original ban was on Trevax back in 2018 for metacomms.
Permaban for metacommunications, confirmed by admin sting. Denied doing so ingame.
Penterwast applied this ban on 10/16/2018 and has since retired, so I'll take over on this. My main concerns are threefold:

1) You have evaded this ban at least three times now on the following accounts:
- Trevic
- Axtrev
- Theschwooper
2) In at least some of these cases you were only caught after seemingly deliberately breaking the rules.
3) Some of these incidents are as recent as late 2022, with you racking up bans on Fulp, Bee, and Yog over the last year as well.

I'm honestly not certain this is you trying to turn over a new leaf, given that you spent the better part of 2021 and 2022 being banned from pretty much every server with public ban logs. Why should I trust that you won't come back and immediately begin doing the same things you were banned there for?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Trevic
Byond Username: Trevic

Post by Trevic » #694504

Hey man I appreciate the quick response, honestly I do. And to address your issues, I completely understand that I have not been a rolemodel player in the past. But late 2022 Is still a bit ago now, I genuinely have no intention to break the rules. And I would also like to add there was another account that I ban evaded with called "ZeroFrame" I'm just coming completely clean here asking for one last chance. I will also add that on that in specific account ZeroFrame I successfully ban evaded for like a month and If I remember correctly, I had a pretty good record and I honestly had no intention of breaking the rules even while ban evading. Once again in hindsight I understand I shouldn't have been doing that and really am sorry. I completely understand why you would be skeptical but honestly I just want a chance I promise it wont disappoint.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #694511

Trevic wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:53 pm Hey man I appreciate the quick response, honestly I do. And to address your issues, I completely understand that I have not been a rolemodel player in the past. But late 2022 Is still a bit ago now, I genuinely have no intention to break the rules. And I would also like to add there was another account that I ban evaded with called "ZeroFrame" I'm just coming completely clean here asking for one last chance. I will also add that on that in specific account ZeroFrame I successfully ban evaded for like a month and If I remember correctly, I had a pretty good record and I honestly had no intention of breaking the rules even while ban evading. Once again in hindsight I understand I shouldn't have been doing that and really am sorry. I completely understand why you would be skeptical but honestly I just want a chance I promise it wont disappoint.
I appreciate your honesty. To be perfectly up-front with you, I knew about the ZeroFrame account and forgot to include it in that list, so you leveling with me and telling me about it unprompted shows you're at least here in good faith.

I'm willing to give you another chance and lift the original ban that was placed for metacomms if you're willing to acknowledge that you understand our rules as far as communicating with other players outside of the game while playing.

Your other bans throw a slight wrench in matters. While I can lift your ban on Trevax, I'll need approval from phuzzylodgik to lift your other bans, as he seems to be the sole person who banned you on your evasion alts. I'll discuss this with him and see if he's willing to let me just handle all of them at once or if he wants you to appeal them separately. In the meantime, which BYOND account do you intend on using here if you are unbanned?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Trevic

Post by Trevic » #694514

I understand that Metacomming is not allowed and metacomming is when you're using discord or something to communicate with someone whilst you both are in the same game, chatting about the same game. If I do get unbanned I would be using Trevic and only that one. I genuinely appreciate how understanding and quick you've been with these responses.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #694519

Trevic wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:27 pm I understand that Metacomming is not allowed and metacomming is when you're using discord or something to communicate with someone whilst you both are in the same game, chatting about the same game. If I do get unbanned I would be using Trevic and only that one. I genuinely appreciate how understanding and quick you've been with these responses.
It's no problem, I have literally nothing better to do right now.

I've got zero issues lifting your ban. As far as I'm concerned, the worst case scenario is that you come back, you act a fool, and you get banned again. Second chances are cheap, third ones are not, so please mind yourself and read the rules.

As for your other bans, we're kind of in a holding pattern right now. I'm waiting on a response from the admin who placed them, who is a bit distant at the moment due to IRL issues. I can't promise you when I'll have a response, but we'll get back to you on it as soon as we can. Until that's done, I can't lift those bans and you won't be able to play, so just hang tight while we sort it out.
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #695196

Hey, I got approval from a head admin to go ahead and lift your other bans, as the admin who placed them is currently busy with IRL issues. I'll lift them once I'm done posting this.
Spoiler:

Trevic

Post by Trevic » #695392

Thank you but I am still having troubles connecting Still says im banned
Trevic

Post by Trevic » #695396

Looks like Zeroframe is still banned
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #695420

Trevic wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:43 pm Looks like Zeroframe is still banned
Right, thank you, I'll fix that now.

E: Done. Try it again for me? If it's still banning you, copy paste the ban reason into the thread.
Spoiler:

Trevic

Post by Trevic » #695430

Looking like its working now thanks man! "Due to a recent raise in abuse, this server is not currently accepting connections from players that have not connected to /tg/ previously. Please come back in a few days." is the only thing im getting now, which im guessing just means i need to connect in a few days to fix that.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #695507

Trevic wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:00 pm Looking like its working now thanks man! "Due to a recent raise in abuse, this server is not currently accepting connections from players that have not connected to /tg/ previously. Please come back in a few days." is the only thing im getting now, which im guessing just means i need to connect in a few days to fix that.
Yeah, things are locked down a bit right now because of a grief campaign some folks are running against us. If you join our Discord and ping me in #help I'll lift it for a short period so you can join.
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #695746

We got this sorted out; he's able to play now.
Spoiler: