oilysnake
Byond Username: Oilysnake

[Ban Appeal] [Oilysnake] Daniel Dipsom Manuel 210611 cool-off ban 1 day

Post by oilysnake » #694726

BYOND account: Oilysnake
Character name: Daniel Dipsom
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 Day
Ban reason: Multiple instances of OOC in IC such as calling security out for metagaming and using the word antag. Is very angry in ahelps and I think he needs a break to cool off. Keeps asking me to kill security and says he is going to do it then I can ban him.
Time ban was placed: 2023-07-20 2:33:57
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 210611
Your side of the story: I spawned in as Cultist for the first time being antag in a very long time on the server. Was really excited, especially since I saw my fellow roboticist. Within 3 minutes of roundstart we were both arrested and deconverted. I was immensely pissed. I thought it to be HARD metagaming, and my coworker agreed with my sentiments. We both expressed this in IC chat since there's no LOOC (although this is not excusable). A while later while I was still mad some random catboy named Sam tried to beat me to death after I killed birdboat and kept returning to try to kill me over and over. I was arrested by security for trying to fight in self defense. After this point I was absolutely fed the FUCK up and decided to get to work on blowing up security but I couldn't because I kept getting harassed. At this point I also found out it MAY not have been metagaming, and the AI apparently just got really lucky for 'seeing one of us take the runic metal into our hands and immediately put it back' on camera (though I still feel suspicious about this.) I was beaten pretty bad by security again and a borg had to save me, right after which they became a peacekeeper model to keep security in line. I asked if I could kill security in an ahelp afterwards and got told no because I wasn't an antagonist. So, bored out of my mind, pissed off and just wanting to quit the round, I tried to kill myself so I could just leave the damn round and cool off- in my own office, away from anyone else.
I was then arrested by security for trying to kill myself and also because they thought I was going around antagging people for.. some reason? The HoS trying to give me a lecture? Despite the fact all I had done was get beat up, arrested and hide in robotics. They even dragged me all the way to permabrig before suddenly doing a 180. After this I was completely fuming, as I really believe any person would have been this mad after having been dragged around by security and denied being able to even leave the game by them so I ahelped the admin saying I'm going to blow security up and eat the ban afterwards, upon which I got a cooldown ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the ban is fair given it's just a cool-off ban, but I'd like it shortened as I got banned during a really annoying time of day (middle of the night) and I'll definitely be cooled off by tomorrow. I'm pretty cooled off when writing this and it's only 30 minutes-1 hour later.
References of good conduct: It's a day ban so not really. I'm writing this right now just because I know I'll be cooled off by then.
Anything else we should know: I still think the AI was a bit of a dick for spotting the runed metal being transferred from backpack to hand and then immediately back to backpack and immediately shouting for security the split second they saw that, and I still think that they were either tipped off by setting 'RUNED METAL' to the 'text highlight' feature for the purposes of validhunting, but even if they did all that it wasn't illegal.
I really do think security still went super overboard that round with continuously harassing me even when I was trying to kill myself and that the Sam guy kept escalating way too far by returning over and over to medbay trying to kill me after all I did was kill a goose.
This ban was really only to cool off as I hadn't done anything in character. Also I admit that my actions were 'hella cringe' as using terms like metagaming and validhunting and CC when talking is stupid but I was just, really, really mad.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: [Ban Appeal] [Oilysnake] Daniel Dipsom Manuel 210611 cool-off ban 1 day

Post by NoxVS » #694732

Banning admin is MrrFiish, who has been informed
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
MrrFiish
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: MrrFiish

Post by MrrFiish » #694734

Right, in short I am going to be denying this appeal. It is only 24 hours and you will be able to rejoin soon. It is partially for you to cool off and partially due to your use of OOC speech in IC.

In-game you said:
[2023-07-20 01:49:18.606] GAME-SAY: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom) "I love metagaming ai!!" (Brig (75,112,2))
And:
[2023-07-20 02:04:06.271] GAME-SAY: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom) "SECURITY'S META-GAMING OUT THE ASS AND THIS STUPID FUCKING CAT IS LYING" (Medbay Lobby (114,112,2))
The first one I did not notice until now, but it is worth mentioning. You then said in the ticket with me:
[2023-07-20 02:09:49.123] GAME-COMPAT: ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ticket #2: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom)->MrrFiish/(Hides-On-Station): probably because (wrong of me i know) i called them metagamers when i legitimately thought they had
You admit that you should not have called them metagamers IC.

Later, you ahelped and we had this conversation:
[2023-07-20 02:23:44.256] GAME-COMPAT: ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #11: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom): considerign how much i hate security (both ic and ooc right now) can i blow them to smitheereens until the only thing left is a big pile of fucking smoke and a pair of boots like a looney tunes exit
[2023-07-20 02:24:05.953] GAME-COMPAT: ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MrrFiish/(Hides-On-Station)->Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom): Not as a non-antagonist no.
[2023-07-20 02:24:22.895] GAME-COMPAT: ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ticket #11: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom)->MrrFiish/(Hides-On-Station): what if i did it because they're super ultra mega dicks?
[2023-07-20 02:24:30.332] GAME-COMPAT: ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MrrFiish/(Hides-On-Station)->Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom): Still no.
You then tried to kill yourself via stabbing yourself and eventually I see the messages:
[2023-07-20 02:29:11.599] GAME-COMPAT: ADMINPRIVATE: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom) has passed the soft filter for "antag" they may be using a disallowed term. Message: "Let me just kill myself because the AI tool away our antag within 3 minutes of the round"
2023-07-20 02:29:38.784] GAME-SAY: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom) "Fuck what CC says" (Medbay Treatment Center (106,101,2))
[2023-07-20 02:29:41.754] GAME-SAY: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom) "I'm blowing up security" (Medbay Treatment Center (106,101,2))
You ahelp with this shortly before the day ban:
[2023-07-20 02:29:58.742] GAME-COMPAT: ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #11: Oilysnake/(Daniel Dipsom): i tried to kill myself and security arrested me. i do not care what happens. let me fight security and then you can ban me
You will be unbanned soon, use this time to cool off and when you are back please avoid using OOC language IC. You should also not plot to bomb an entire department as a non-antagonist.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #694985

This ban has expired, but it's still a valid appeal as you can have the ban overturned in your notes. You have the right to request a head admin review if you feel the ban was unfair or incorrect in some way.

If we haven't heard anything back from you in the next week, I'll go ahead and assume you don't want the review and will move this on.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #695745

Closing this, ping me on discord if you want me to reopen or move this back.