Bot Policy

LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Bot Policy

Post by LeekiLoku » #694585

Okay so I got perma'd but whatever, im here to know what is the policy about bots (janitor, Floor, Mule and Medibot) when they get emmaged do they not do anything, or is it different. I just dont know the bot policy.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Re: Bot Policy

Post by Bepis » #694591

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_robotics#Bots

each entry tells you what happens if they're emagged

edit: guessing you'd be subject to silicon policy when in control

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/76691
Last edited by Bepis on Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #694594

Blame the codebase for merging a PR requiring policy without getting the policy situation ironed out first.

There is no current policy, so server rule 1 applies. Don't be a dick.

Being a dick is a fast track to a perma. Exploiting bugs while being a dick is a super fast track to a perma.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #694609

This thread isn't relevant whatsoever to Loku's ban, nor do we have any kind of actual policy set up for bots yet aside from the common sense of "don't be a dick". I'm not sure we need one, to be honest - the only bot that can actually do anything antagonistic when not emagged is the MULE and it can't run people over unless it's been hacked or emagged as of a change this morning
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #694630

Timberpoes, MULEbots running people over is not a bug, it has been in the game for years, it just didn't happen often before since nobody cared to use the MULEbots.
And it is completely relevant Vekter. The whole point of having rules is to make the core rule of "don't be a dick" more clear. Everyone has different interpretations of what that means. And we still need a policy to determine what happens when bots are hacked/emagged. Are they allowed to kill people with their dangerous abilities or is the bot just useless now and forced to do nothing?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #694642

BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:49 pm Are they allowed to kill people with their dangerous abilities or is the bot just useless now and forced to do nothing?
Why are those the only two options?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #694665

BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:49 pm Timberpoes, MULEbots running people over is not a bug, it has been in the game for years, it just didn't happen often before since nobody cared to use the MULEbots.
And it is completely relevant Vekter. The whole point of having rules is to make the core rule of "don't be a dick" more clear. Everyone has different interpretations of what that means. And we still need a policy to determine what happens when bots are hacked/emagged. Are they allowed to kill people with their dangerous abilities or is the bot just useless now and forced to do nothing?
I told you this in another post but I'll mirror it here - MULEbots that are possessed aren't supposed to be able to run over STANDING, living humans with a mind datum.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #694689

Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:42 pm
I told you this in another post but I'll mirror it here - MULEbots that are possessed aren't supposed to be able to run over STANDING, living humans with a mind datum.
Changing z-levels crush humans and also tram, so yea its a bug. Will it ever be fixed? Probably not, because it seems like it would be hard.
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #694717

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:24 pm
BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:49 pm Are they allowed to kill people with their dangerous abilities or is the bot just useless now and forced to do nothing?
Why are those the only two options?
Because when a bot gets emagged it replaces their abilities with dangerous abilities. For example, if a firebot gets emagged, its firefighting capability gets replaced with the ability to create fires. And if you aren't allowed to set people on fire and that's literally the only thing you can do then that means you're forced to do nothing.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #694903

If a non sentient bot gets emagged, it goes ham and hurts people. That is fun.
Do we want ghost role bots to do the same?
I sort of do.
Image a world where you are an antag and you go and emag every bot you see, and these bots end up doing nothing.
Boowamp. Boring.

Issue is these sentient bots are way smarter than the non sentient ones and will cause a lot more damage.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #694911

I believe bots should have a simple law set that precludes any harm done by the borg, then states to serve the station.

Of course that completely changes if it's hacked or emagged, with its own zeroth law.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #694916

i believe this should be disabled by default a player needs to download a PAI before it becomes a PAI
why can ghosts pop into any bot without a problem what if a cargo tech wanted to use a mulebot but both mulebots ficked off cuz ghost role is enabled by default i think this should be a player thing to activate instead of on its own
The future is horrible!
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #694918

BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:49 pm Timberpoes, MULEbots running people over is not a bug, it has been in the game for years, it just didn't happen often before since nobody cared to use the MULEbots.
Mulebots could always been able to run over people it the hacking in the past only let the mulebots be able to knock over people and be faster and be able to load anything on it the knocking over got removed cuz it was OP but they always been able to run over people unhacked
The future is horrible!
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #694977

Ezel wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:35 am i believe this should be disabled by default a player needs to download a PAI before it becomes a PAI
why can ghosts pop into any bot without a problem what if a cargo tech wanted to use a mulebot but both mulebots ficked off cuz ghost role is enabled by default i think this should be a player thing to activate instead of on its own
MULEbots was just made disabled at roundstart in https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/76837 but other bots like cleanbots and medibots are still enabled.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #694981

BlueMemesauce wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:13 pm
Ezel wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:35 am i believe this should be disabled by default a player needs to download a PAI before it becomes a PAI
MULEbots was just made disabled at roundstart in https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/76837 but other bots like cleanbots and medibots are still enabled.
I still think this should be the case for all bots with special interaction (to turn them evil if they're emagged)
I don't think a ghost should just be able to join a random medibot and cuck a antag out of his heals (that normally a medibot would give)
The future is horrible!
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #695556

When you spawn in you get a flavour text, just follow it. Not everything needs to be about going sicko-mode murder.