Appeals which have been closed.
EEBYDEEBY

[Ian0] Stevononono- OOC channel ban

Post by EEBYDEEBY » #694159

BYOND account:Stevononono
Character name:Noms-the-Wires
Ban type:OOC
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: OOC permanently - IC OOC - during a cult round - OOC: Stevononono: how to deal with armed cultists as an unarmed combatant; hide. This is your fifth recorded incident of IC OOC in <75 hours play time, you have received two bans previously for IC OOC. You don't seem able to get the message or moderate yourself so this perma OOC ban will do so for you.
Time ban was placed: 2022-12-10 21:20:48 ||| Iain0 | 73h Living Playtime
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 196030
Your side of the story: I was hiding in a locker and in OOC, I said how to deal with armed cultists as an unarmed combatant; hide. I intended it as a joke and I thought it wouldn't be IC in OOC as it was just vaguely about an incident everyone at the time I presumed everyone knew about, being the cult that had killed half of the station, and as such, that it's not IC in OOC if everyone knew about and was likely victims of the incident.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it:
I will be honest, I can get if you think I'm someone not worthy of the use of OOC, but it has been a good 7 months since the incident and I've mostly been playing on Furry ERP servers to force myself into restraint.
References of good conduct: If serverbanned and **especially** if permabanned, have you played on other servers during the time you were banned? Name them here, in many cases good references of conduct and character can be crucial to a successful appeal. Otherwise, feel free to remove this portion:
So far, the above practice has worked. I have not accrued any instances of Ick ock since this ban was applied, mostly by playing servers like Beestation, Bubberstation, Skyrat and Virgo. And I have cleared all of my permabans on the main Hub stations, motivated by the fact that if even on TG i was pushing it, then I need to practice restraint by placing myself in the tightest tolerances imaginable for rulebreaking, Including accessing Skyrat and consequently, Skyrat's code of rules for a whole month and counting.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: [Ian0] Stevononono- OOC channel ban

Post by iain0 » #694524

Alright, you don't have a huge ammount of additional play time since these events but I might be able to extrapolate a general improvement over time, so, firstly please read the following key points on IC in OOC

1) The rule is very objective and thats a good thing ; *no* IC in OOC, there's no argument about who knows what or other subtlety, simply don't do it. For admins objective clear cut rules are nice and easy to enforce, and generally players prefer rules that leave them in a very clear position on things, IC in OOC is one of those rules. And note fake IC in OOC is covered too.
2) Even minor IC in OOC can set a bad precedent to other players ; while you may be argue some subtlety as to why its okay in an ahelp (which holds no grounds under point 1) this is potentially lost on other players who will simply emulate that which they see, approximately, until eventually there's a debate why one thing is okay and one thing isn't.
3) OOC is very optional to the game, there's no need for players to have access to it to enjoy 99.9% of the game, so removing people from it is a fairly casual and easy move.

With those points made, and hopefully understood, if you think you can manage to keep yourself from IC OOCing further, I'm willing to make you this offer ; that I will unban you from OOC and give you a second chance, however I will place a note on your record which will expire (as in entirely self-delete) after 2 months stating that ANY infraction of IC in OOC should be met with, IMO, a perma OOC ban not to be reduced from minimum 1 year.

Over to you.

Cheers
EEBYDEEBY

Post by EEBYDEEBY » #694935

sure thing, that sounds fair!
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #694973

Actioned, appeal resolved.