I regret voting for Timberpoes

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by ekaterina » #696518

I just read one of the dumbest rulings ever made on tgstation. viewtopic.php?p=695750#p695750.

What the fuck does "can't use it to fight back" even mean? Expecting a player to just sit there and let himself be beaten is absolutely immersion-breaking. It's beyond stupid.

Even if that wording doesn't actually mean that and I just misinterpreted it, this is still an awful ruling. Something as trivial and basic as calling a ligger that resulting in something as major as a player being "valid" is absurd!
Last edited by ekaterina on Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by Vekter » #696519

It's meant to encourage you to come up with a more original word instead of using "slur but with a letter changed".

Literal skill issue.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696520

Posting selfies, Vekter? Trying to derail the thread already?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696522

if oyu want to be a space racist hold a meeting in dorms or something

whats the problem here

also seeing timber type the words go back to ligrifca tickled my insides
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696523

I'm hoping to get some clarity on whether Timberpoes really did make such a mind-numbingly stupid ruling (original post's paragraph 2) or instead I misinterpreted his poor phrasing (original post's paragraph 3).
I don't know if the latter is bad enough to make me regret voting for Timberpoes like I believe the former to be, I need to know which one it is.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #696524

Its like speaking as a mime and makes you valid, I imagine.
respect (let him do his thing)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #696525

ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696526

amazing
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #696527

theres a simple solution just dont say the n word with one letter replaced
if you cant rp without saying the n word with one letter replaced maybe you need to rethink your style of rp
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #696529

kinnebian wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm Its like speaking as a mime and makes you valid, I imagine.
This is correct, saying the word immediately makes you valid.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696530

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm
ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
SOMEONE FUCKING MAKE THIS INTO A BANNER
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696531

Am I overreacting, recovering from the shock of learning about this, or does Timberpoes actually just suck?
ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:31 pm I'm hoping to get some clarity on whether Timberpoes really did make such a mind-numbingly stupid ruling (original post's paragraph 2) or instead I misinterpreted his poor phrasing (original post's paragraph 3).
Why didn't he answer my question?
Vekter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:35 pm
kinnebian wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm Its like speaking as a mime and makes you valid, I imagine.
At that point, just add it to the filter...
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #696533

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:36 pm
At that point, just add it to the filter...
No; this is funnier.
Spoiler:

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696534

Vekter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:39 pm No; this is funnier.
How is baiting people who don't know about a dumb ruling like this into making themselves valid "funnier"?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #696535

The ruling is if you say ligger you are free to be killed. The reason why you cannot lethally fight back is because it would be used to escalation bait. Think of it akin to tiding into a secure area where you cannot fight back lethally (to prevent escalation bait) but obviously you can like shove them or run away or some shit. You are obviously not meant to stand completely still
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #696536

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:41 pm How is baiting people who don't know about a dumb ruling like this into making themselves valid "funnier"?
ImageBecause we get threads like this out of it.Image
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #696537

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:41 pm
How is baiting people who don't know about a dumb ruling like this into making themselves valid "funnier"?
no new player is going to independently decide to say that unless they see someone else do it, so they're only going to be tricked if they see someone get the shit kicked out of them and think "huh maybe i should do that too"
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #696538

Any valid response I have to this would be a violation of forum rules.
Spoiler:

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696540

kieth4 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:42 pm The ruling is if you say ligger you are free to be killed. The reason why you cannot lethally fight back is because it would be used to escalation bait.
Has there actually ever been an instance of someone calling a ligger a ligger to "escalation bait"?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #696541

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:51 pm
kieth4 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:42 pm The ruling is if you say ligger you are free to be killed. The reason why you cannot lethally fight back is because it would be used to escalation bait.
Has there actually ever been an instance of someone calling a ligger a ligger to "escalation bait"?
You're doing it now, except instead of "escalation baiting", you're trolling.
Spoiler:

Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #696542

(also yes it has happened before I checked DB)

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696543

i should ask people to donate space cash to lizrael

also i literally just had a round on terry 30 minutes ago where the CE kept calling lizards "liggers" on radio and then they ahelped when a sec lizard (hates-the-stuns) arrested them and took their telescopic baton
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696544

This is a complete non issue if you can control your urges to do that one specific act of speciesism, or if you are skilled enough to run away. This is an overreaction unless like you have a gimmick out of calling lizards that for some reason?? And even then skill issue?
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696547

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:57 pm also i literally just had a round on terry 30 minutes ago where the CE kept calling lizards "liggers" on radio and then [she] ahelped when a sec lizard (hates-the-stuns) [WENT ROGUE AND KIDNAPPED] [her] and [STOLE] [her] telescopic baton
Yeah, that's me, how do you think I learned about this idiotic policy? Who wouldn't ahelp ligger sec suddenly going rogue and beating up "filthy humans" (the same sec who broke down atmos' windows FNR minutes earlier, no less).
TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:59 pm if you are skilled enough to run away
I am so not skilled at running away. I tried running away once, I ran into a ling in maint and died. I suck at running away, I'm nowhere near as good as you at being coward. 8-)
TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:59 pm unless like you have a gimmick out of calling lizards that for some reason
Calling a lizard a "ligger" is no different to me to calling a plasmaman a "plasmeme" or calling borgs "silly cones". It's a funny alternative name. Yet we have people like Vekter and Fren255 being all weird about it.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696550

they didnt kidnap you though i saw you were still in engineering via thermal vision and they full stripped you and ended up giving me your baton later which i spraypainted brown and labeled as poo covered and was gonna give it back to you.

Btw that round fucking sucked because you wouldnt keep the station consistently powered and the only reason i had thermal vision mutation was because of the rad station trait and you failing to keep that anti rad machine powered.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696551

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:09 pm they didnt kidnap you
What do you call cuffing and grabbing someone? I call it kidnapping.
The bozo eventually ran away when the AI bolted everything and he got outnumbered, which doesn't change what he did before that.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696552

You should have been lynched for more than just saying the L word repeatedly.
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696553

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:09 pm Btw that round fucking sucked because you wouldnt keep the station consistently powered and the only reason i had thermal vision mutation was because of the rad station trait and you failing to keep that anti rad machine powered.
I latejoined... don't blame me...
MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:11 pm You should have been lynched for more than just saying the L word repeatedly.
Ah, yes, I should've been lynched right off the arrivals shuttle because of the incompetence of the crew that was there before me, and because some dumbfuck ligger stopped me from doing my job by kidnapping me.
Truly a thinker, aren't you?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #696559

This is my favourite thread of 2023.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696561

I can't wait for Timberpoes to ban the terms "plasmeme" and "sillycone" next. Why not make the default lawset "crewsimov" while we're at it? And we can change the server's name to "fulp 2: non-human boogaloo"!
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #696562

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:28 pm Posting selfies, Vekter? Trying to derail the thread already?
Ah yes, the age old, timeless, refined "I'm rubber you're glue" rebuttal.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #696563

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:27 pm I can't wait for Timberpoes to ban the terms "plasmeme" and "sillycone" next. Why not make the default lawset "crewsimov" while we're at it? And we can change the server's name to "fulp 2: non-human boogaloo"!
See, now you're just being intentionally obtuse. Again, trolling - you're doing this for attention, nothing else.

You've been told multiple times that the issue with ligger is that it's literally just an IRL slur with a single letter changed. I have a feeling that you both know and understand this, you're just playing stupid because you think it'll piss people off.
Spoiler:

MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696564

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:27 pm I can't wait for Timberpoes to ban the terms "plasmeme" and "sillycone" next. Why not make the default lawset "crewsimov" while we're at it? And we can change the server's name to "fulp 2: non-human boogaloo"!
Plasmeme isnt one letter off from a slur same with sillycone

would you rather lizards be able to call humans that called them the L word the N word (i mean i would but i doubt it would happen)

actually i wonder how well someone would do if they ran for headmin and promised to unban the N word, even if its as satire.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #696565

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:25 pm This is my favourite thread of 2023.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #696566

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:36 pm Am I overreacting, recovering from the shock of learning about this, or does Timberpoes actually just suck?
No. You suck.

While we're here though, Can we talk about your whole deal? Like, you behave perfectly respectably on Terry, yet you have the most weird forum takes.

In-game you're not far off admin-candidate-material, is it just you forget to take your meds when you log into the forums?
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696567

Vekter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:30 pm Again, trolling - you're doing this for attention, nothing else.
Don't presume to know my motives. How arrogant.
Vekter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:30 pm You've been told multiple times that the issue with ligger is that it's literally just an IRL slur with a single letter changed.
What I haven't been told is why that matters at all.
If it really was an issue, you'd be adding the word to the either the soft or hard filter. The fact that you did neither tells me you (or Timber, in this case) don't really think it is an issue, you're admittedly just doing this for shits and giggles, at the expense of players who did nothing wrong, and simply used a traditional SS13 fictional slur, but did not know a new dumb ruling, which is conduct unbecoming the authority of a headmin.
MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:32 pm would you rather lizards be able to call humans that called them the L word the N word (i mean i would but i doubt it would happen)
This wouldn't be a compromise. The same people who are defending this ruling are the ones who wouldn't be fine with that.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696569

What about identify theft through genetics or a voice changer mask?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #696570

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:42 pm
What about identify theft through genetics or a voice changer mask?
If it generates an incident, it's traceable through logs. If it's done to you, ahelp it and an admin can look it up.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #696571

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:51 pm
With all things that can be baited it has.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #696572

Racism skill issue. if you gotta lean on ligger you gotta up your lizard hating game.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696573

Lacran wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:59 pm Racism skill issue. if you gotta lean on ligger you gotta up your lizard hating game.
The thing is I don't hate liggers, the same way I don't hate plasmemes or sillycones.
ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:04 pm Calling a lizard a "ligger" is no different to me to calling a plasmaman a "plasmeme" or calling borgs "silly cones". It's a funny alternative name.
Khaaku
Byond Username: Nova_Hero

Post by Khaaku » #696575

idk how it's used as an offhand thing to say for you when it's generally been used as the nword but one letter off
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #696576

ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:00 am
Lacran wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:59 pm Racism skill issue. if you gotta lean on ligger you gotta up your lizard hating game.
The thing is I don't hate liggers, the same way I don't hate plasmemes or sillycones.
ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:04 pm Calling a lizard a "ligger" is no different to me to calling a plasmaman a "plasmeme" or calling borgs "silly cones". It's a funny alternative name.
kind of, except its based off nigger. and if you're gonna be ingame racist be racist towards the lizard, ideally it shouldn't be based on actual real life racist terms.

If we had other RL slurs being transcribed to use against cat people, you'd see a similar kind of no-nonsense response.

Timber isn't trying to discourage ingame racism, they are trying to discourage people's actual RL racism leaking into the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #696577

Most people may think you a pretending to be dumb as rocks, but you should know i don’t discount the possibility that you are actually dumb as rocks.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696579

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:11 am
Most people may think you a pretending to be dumb as rocks, but you should know i don’t discount the possibility that you are actually dumb as rocks.
Mistaking a different opinion for a lower intellect is a sign of someone who's "dumb as rocks". You owe yourself some introspection.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696580

did you really say "im calling gods" after they took your shoes and make you step on glass... (a torment that lizards are normally faced with)
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696581

Lacran wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:05 am Timber isn't trying to discourage ingame racism, they are trying to discourage people's actual RL racism leaking into the game.
It's good to see a reasonable argument presented at last.
There's nothing wrong with this goal, but there is something very wrong with the way he's going about it.
WineAllWine wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:38 pm While we're here though, Can we talk about your whole deal? Like, you behave perfectly respectably on Terry, yet you have the most weird forum takes.
In-game you're not far off admin-candidate-material, is it just you forget to take your meds when you log into the forums?
I don't know how to answer that, other than finding it weird that you think people's personal opinions have any bearing on whether they're "admin-candidate-material" or not.
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:16 am did you really say "im calling gods" after they took your shoes and make you step on glass... (a torment that lizards are normally faced with)
No, I said something similar after he, a security officer, grossly violated job expectations by going rogue (read: self-antagging), and kidnapping and assaulting command staff.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696584

this is a valid point, it should probably be put into the welcome text when a player joins the lobby screen

edit: vekters right though this is way funnier
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696587

Vekter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 pm
Any valid response I have to this would be a violation of forum rules.
this is easily the best response ive seen from vekter to anything in my time here on tg
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696588

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:43 pm
no new player is going to independently decide to say that unless they see someone else do it
You mean like in the thousand SS13 videos that people can watch on YouTube from before this ruling?
And that's not even mentioning returning players or even existing players who don't read the policy threads.