[Vekter] Epicmmo, Ban Appeal Attempt

Appeals which have been closed.
Epicmmo1
Byond Username: Epicmmo

[Vekter] Epicmmo, Ban Appeal Attempt

Post by Epicmmo1 » #696392

Byond Account: Epicmmo
Character Name: Vinne or Vincent DeSanto (I think I've been banned for months)
Ban Type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban Reason: (It's attached to the post. to sum it up I said some very horrible stuff in-game and raged in OOC)
Round ID: 198920
My Side of the story: I was playing on the server I think I was chaplain at the time and this random man I have met multiple times in game john Milkor came up to me and killed me as a traitor and started insulting me saying that I basically was a shitter and how I just started playing SS13 and overall saying some hateful stuff towards me, And this was the 3rd time he has came up to me in game and did this to me either as a non-antag or just a regular assistant, he would just go up to me and start shitting on me verbally just because I was playing the game and I let the anger get the best of me and I did say all the stuff I said I.E: "Like this server makes me want to actually shoot up a school" and "John Milkor is a traitor I don't even fucking care about this server anymore" (I said one more thing but I feel best to keep it out to prevent me from being banned off the forums)
Why I think I should be unbanned: I know already this might get denied for how terrible my behavior was on the server but I would like a second chance on the server, I genuinely like Space Station 13 and the TG coders as a community, The only reason I am doing this appeal now is that I have somewhat changed as a person, I know what I did was wrong and I'm not going to lie nor deny it because it did happen and well I had to deal with that and the consequences for over 3-4 months I'm assuming (lost track of time) I miss playing on TG coded servers it was fun and helped me kill time in the day.
References of good conduct: During the time I was banned I was playing on Civ13, TGMC, and CM (Rarely)
Anything Else you should know: Even if this gets denied I would like to sincerely apologize for my actions on the server, also since I have been banned on this server I have been banned for my history on other servers I.E MonkieStation, and ship test.
Attachments
Ban Reason
Ban Reason
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Epicmmo, Ban Appeal Attempt

Post by Vekter » #696399

Hey, thanks for appealing.

So, there's a bit of an issue with your story about round 198920. I vaguely remember this round and recall nothing having been said to you by Jack (not John, Jack Milkor) before you lost your shit in OOC. I went back to check the logs, and sure enough...

The following is the attack interactions between you two between Jack's first attack and your death:

Code: Select all

01:45:24	ATTACK	Baby_Kazoo/(Jack Milkor) attacked Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 29) 	(186, 140, 3)	Chapel
01:45:24	ATTACK	Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/consumable/dry_ramen (2.5u, 1 purity) and /datum/reagent/consumable/salt (0.5u, 1 purity)) from the cup ramen to [stomach]	(187, 139, 3)	Chapel
01:45:25	ATTACK	Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) suffered: Hairline Fracture to head | Damage: 18 (rolled 20/57.1981) | BWB: 20	(187, 137, 3)	Chapel
01:45:25	ATTACK	Baby_Kazoo/(Jack Milkor) attacked Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -0.8) 	(186, 137, 3)	Chapel
01:45:26	ATTACK	Baby_Kazoo/(Jack Milkor) attacked Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -30.4) 	(186, 136, 3)	Chapel
01:45:27	ATTACK	Baby_Kazoo/(Jack Milkor) attacked Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -60.4) 	(186, 136, 3)	Chapel
01:45:28	ATTACK	Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) suffered: Dismemberment Wound to head	(187, 137, 3)	Chapel
01:45:28	ATTACK	Epicmmo/(Vinne DeSanto) has died (BRUTE: 169.4, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 41, CLONE: 0)	(187, 137, 3)	Chapel
And these are the most recent say logs from Jack before and after he attacked you. Not only does he not say anything to you, he says nothing to anyone for over ten minutes, during which he kills you.

Code: Select all

01:38:46	SAY	Baby_Kazoo/(Jack Milkor) "love youuuuu~"	(142, 139, 3)	Bar Lounge
01:51:47	SAY	Baby_Kazoo/(Jack Milkor) "can we talk"	(146, 139, 3)	Bar Lounge
(Logs obtained from Scrubby: https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/198920/)

In fact, I can't find a single instance of Jack having talked to you at all that round whatsoever, so I really don't know if you're just remembering very poorly or if you're lying to me about the situation.

If I can't trust you to tell me the truth in an appeal, where I would be more than happy to unban you simply based on vibes, why would I expect you to tell me the truth in any other situation?

Furthermore, I checked your ban logs from other servers and found this extremely concerning ban from Bee:
[Banned On: 2023-04-16 - Expires: Permanent - Active]
Discord bans may translate into game bans. Severely violated discord conduct by making various doxxing and death threats against players.
Server banned by haliris from Beestation MRP (Medium RP)
You're also banned from Shiptest as recently as a month ago and, while the ban was basically vibes-based, I respect PositiveEntropy a fair bit and trust their judgement.

I can't trust that you won't return to commit the same transgressions you did before. I appreciate your apology but I cannot accept this appeal in good conscience.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Epicmmo1
Byond Username: Epicmmo

Post by Epicmmo1 » #696597

Alright, I understand that I am not that trustworthy so I shall not be getting unbanned as of now, Also just a thing this ban was a couple of months ago if there was some information that was wrong and or confusing just note that my memory is a bit crappy so I don't really remember the whole thing.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #696639

I understand but it is a pretty major detail to leave out.

Honestly, the lying isn't the major issue, it was your behavior on Bee from a few months ago. I welcome you to appeal again next July and we can discuss this further assuming you've improved elsewhere.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you