Remove the rule that allows nonantags to do anything they want to antagonists.

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Remove the rule that allows nonantags to do anything they want to antagonists.

Post by Turbonerd » #697071

I feel like the rule that allows nonantags to do whatever they want to antagonists just doesn't serve an interesting purpose to this game. It should just be straight up removed. They should be treated based on what they've done, or what they reasonably could do. If they reveal any anti-NT stuff like syndicate gear or drawing runes, then they could be treated like they've broke in a department multiple times, allowing for creative and unusual punishment/disrespect, but not going straight for round removal over the smallest signs. Maybe it just needs common sense and whether it would make sense IC. I think it might be better if it was any item that goes against the corporation, so any ballistic/syndicate logo or whatever, not technically if it came from an uplink or not. Those are just my opinions though, but I don't think the current rule 4 with how crew can treat antagonists is in a healthy state right now.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Re: Remove the rule that allows nonantags to do anything they want to antagonists.

Post by The Wrench » #697074

Hard disagree, we have Manuel for a reason.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Remove the rule that allows nonantags to do anything they want to antagonists.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697075

If we aren’t allowed to kill the villans what are the point of villans. Maybe don’t let people know you are a syndicate agent next time.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #697077

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:43 pm -2
If we aren’t allowed to kill the villans what are the point of villans. Maybe don’t let people know you are a syndicate agent next time.
I don't think people that possess a m1911 should be treated differently to people that possess a makarov. People should use common sense instead of checking if something is technically valid or not.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697081

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:58 pm
I don't think people that possess a m1911 should be treated differently to people that possess a makarov. People should use common sense instead of checking if something is technically valid or not.
Disagree
I have the expectation that in character, in game, in lore, in universe, and canonically, a spaceman can recognize that the makarov is a hallmark syndicate weapon and therefor should be able to identify people who wield them as syndicate scum.
Because they are syndicate scum, they should be feared, hated, and treated with hostility by default.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #697092

Nope. I don't even play LRP and I understand how important this rule is to the health of those servers. The trade between players being able to do pretty much anything as antag is that if they get busted they're fucked.

Keep in mind that they need to be a confirmed antagonist for that part of rule 4 to kick in. Something where there's plausible deniability isn't a valid reason to kill someone. If sec round removes you for having your prints on the door to the vault and the nuke core is missing, adminhelp it. If you have the core in your backpack, well... You're fucked, sorry.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #697095

the secret is that when you remove this rule you have mrp. this is one of the only rules that holds no water on manuel because we have an mrp rule that takes immediate precedence that states that restricted (non-stationwide threat) antags need to be treated in proportion to their crimes, effectively negating this rule entirely.
MRP Rule 6 wrote:6. Deal with the bad guys in proportion to their crime(s).
Restricted antagonists (or crewmembers) should be handled in proportion to their committed crimes. The decision to execute an antagonist should have good in-character reasoning based on their crimes and the state of the shift. Punishments against antagonists that repeatedly commit minor crimes may be escalated. Only antagonists that have committed the most severe crimes may be met with immediate execution.

Security members are expected to consider the full range of punishment options available when dealing with antags. This includes (but is not always limited to) pacification, implants, timed brig sentences, gulag sentences, permabrig, forced borging and execution. Forced borging is considered equivalent to execution in punishment severity.

Explicitly friendly antagonists do not have this protection and may be treated as the crew or admin team see fit.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #697102

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:01 pm I feel like the rule that allows nonantags to do whatever they want to antagonists just doesn't serve an interesting purpose to this game. It should just be straight up removed. They should be treated based on what they've done, or what they reasonably could do. If they reveal any anti-NT stuff like syndicate gear or drawing runes, then they could be treated like they've broke in a department multiple times, allowing for creative and unusual punishment/disrespect, but not going straight for round removal over the smallest signs. Maybe it just needs common sense and whether it would make sense IC. I think it might be better if it was any item that goes against the corporation, so any ballistic/syndicate logo or whatever, not technically if it came from an uplink or not. Those are just my opinions though, but I don't think the current rule 4 with how crew can treat antagonists is in a healthy state right now.
Thats what MRP is for
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #697127

ANYTHING they want you say?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #697223

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:48 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:58 pm
Disagree
I have the expectation that in character, in game, in lore, in universe, and canonically, a spaceman can recognize that the makarov is a hallmark syndicate weapon and therefor should be able to identify people who wield them as syndicate scum.
Because they are syndicate scum, they should be feared, hated, and treated with hostility by default.
Meta has a good chance of having a Markov in the armory, and is a great feature. Okay yeah you can claim that you aren't a traitor because you got it from the armory, but then you better explain how you got something from the armory. It implies there should at least MAYBE be a conversation instead of HEAD ON JUST APPLY TOOLBOX TO THE HEAD HEAD ON.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #704263

Was voted against by a majority, a rule that's a huge draw to our servers. Others are free to comment their opinions.

Biblemelts supported the removal.