A Mime’s Misdeeds

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

A Mime’s Misdeeds

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #699098

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Re: A Mime’s Misdeeds

Post by Lacran » #699103

Dude broke his vow over an I.D, tongue removal was warranted.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699114

Lacran wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:12 am Dude broke his vow over an I.D, tongue removal was warranted.
he needed said ID to do his job (cytology). can't say tongue removal was really warranted or needed. especially considering the CE being uninvolved in the situation.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #699115

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:59 am
Lacran wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:12 am Dude broke his vow over an I.D, tongue removal was warranted.
he needed said ID to do his job (cytology). can't say tongue removal was really warranted or needed. especially considering the CE being uninvolved in the situation.
He was a mime.

If he wanted to be able to speak without consequences and do cytology join as a scientist.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #699117

Fuck that "mime".
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699118

why couldn't he have mimed licking some pipes and stirring a vat or whatever it is cytologists do
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: A Mime’s Misdeedbs

Post by EmpressMaia » #699119

You can absolutely escalate if someone hurts you
Lacran

Re: A Mime’s Misdeedbs

Post by Lacran » #699121

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:27 am You can absolutely escalate if someone hurts you
Not regarding stuff like mime vows or ligger.

You can't deliberately make yourself valid and the robust the people trying to kill you. You could try to escape or like disarm them.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699125

killing a mime for breaking their vow is stupid unless they're breaking their vow to say something shitty
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #699127

I agree with Crag, I feel like killing a mime for breaking their vow is too savage unless it's something really shitty
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699128

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:56 am killing a mime for breaking their vow is stupid unless they're breaking their vow to say something shitty
it's really fucking stupid to kill a mime who broke their vow to simply talk to GENUINE shitsec. there is nothing more frustrating in this world than playing mime and getting shitsec'd. imagine trying to talk to admins in only emojis. like come on.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699129

i just dont understand the psychology of "I wanted to do content localised entirely within science which is the job of the scientist so i decided to roll up a mime and get at it"
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699130

Jacquerel wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:10 am i just dont understand the psychology of "I wanted to do content localised entirely within science which is the job of the scientist so i decided to roll up a mime and get at it"
So, on to the long version. I will try to be as accurate as I can, though my memory isn't what it used to be. Anyways, at round start, I goofed around a while, and then wandered over to the HOP office. The Chaplain was there in front of me asking for Xenobio access. The HOP just gave him a spare science ID, and since I've been wanting to do cytology for a while, I asked for the same thing. The HOP gave me a blank scientist ID just like the chaplain.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #699132

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:06 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:56 am killing a mime for breaking their vow is stupid unless they're breaking their vow to say something shitty
it's really fucking stupid to kill a mime who broke their vow to simply talk to GENUINE shitsec. there is nothing more frustrating in this world than playing mime and getting shitsec'd. imagine trying to talk to admins in only emojis. like come on.
If a mime can't mime then I don't give a flying shit about how they get treated. If you sign up as a mime, you better mime.
SkyMonster
Byond Username: Sky Monster

Post by SkyMonster » #699136

I was observing the incident from arrest to tongue removal. It was a genuine shitsec moment by the arresting officers and the Warden. As usual, Assistant Lingden decided to be a massive twat and started attacking the Mime while the HoS was trying to de-escalate the situation. The Mime was having trouble because they had been deafened by a level 7 virus. Lingden/CE arrived at a situation they were completely uninvolved in and went straight for murder. Really frustrating to watch the whole thing go down. I'm glad the note got removed.

The Mime did try to emote as best they could but eventually lost it. Sec had no idea what they were doing and just wanted to make someone upset.
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699138

SkyMonster wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:43 am I was observing the incident from arrest to tongue removal. It was a genuine shitsec moment by the arresting officers and the Warden. As usual, Assistant Lingden decided to be a massive twat and started attacking the Mime while the HoS was trying to de-escalate the situation. The Mime was having trouble because they had been deafened by a level 7 virus. Lingden/CE arrived at a situation they were completely uninvolved in and went straight for murder. Really frustrating to watch the whole thing go down. I'm glad the note got removed.

The Mime did try to emote as best they could but eventually lost it. Sec had no idea what they were doing and just wanted to make someone upset.
This is a lie, I didn't go for murder at all (I was the CE), I hit them with a stool twice and they went into crit, I said to take them to the medbay, and they succumbed in the hall on the way there.

I did, however, deep-fry their tongue and eat it after I made sure they got to medbay. If you're gonna mime then you better fuckin mime.
SkyMonster

Post by SkyMonster » #699142

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:10 am
SkyMonster wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:43 am I was observing the incident from arrest to tongue removal. It was a genuine shitsec moment by the arresting officers and the Warden. As usual, Assistant Lingden decided to be a massive twat and started attacking the Mime while the HoS was trying to de-escalate the situation. The Mime was having trouble because they had been deafened by a level 7 virus. Lingden/CE arrived at a situation they were completely uninvolved in and went straight for murder. Really frustrating to watch the whole thing go down. I'm glad the note got removed.

This is a lie, I didn't go for murder at all (I was the CE), I hit them with a stool twice and they went into softcrit, I said to take them to the medbay, and they succumbed in the hall on the way there.

I did, however, deep-fry their tongue and eat it. If you're gonna mime then you better fuckin mime.
He ended dead in Medbay because of it, potentially due to the Doctor's mishandling of the patient. I know you only bonked him a total of 2 or three times over Lingden's 6-7. Let's call it valid manslaughter. I don't care about the tongue, I've personally removed the tongue of a Mime in another shift. I called out Lingden specifically and not you because he initiated the violence and you were the responsible one who took the Mime to Medbay in crit. It was just rough seeing a Mime get shitsec'd then beaten up over it.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699143

AFAIK there's also zero justification for ever destroying irreplaceable stuff as a non-antag; I've been talked to by admins just for throwing the atmos MODsuit out into space over a similar beef because there's only one, even though it was replaceable, because it was an item that was a pain to replace. The fact that the Mime destroyed both the main engilathe board *and* the backup board in the CE's locker is shit that I was under the impression would get you noted if you weren't an antagonist, no matter the context.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699144

Turbonerd wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:28 am
If a mime can't mime then I don't give a flying shit about how they get treated. If you sign up as a mime, you better mime.
how come this only applies to mime and not the fact that 80 percent of our players sign up for a job and just walk around in circles not knowing what to do and just clicking on people until they rotate 90 degrees
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699145

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:53 am
Turbonerd wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:28 am
how come this only applies to mime and not the fact that 80 percent of our players sign up for a job and just walk around in circles not knowing what to do and just clicking on people until they rotate 90 degrees
Because for like two months, for whatever reason, Manuel stopped beating the shit out of mimes and I swear I saw a mime speaking about once a day during that period. For whatever reason beating down mimes came back into fashion and it stopped.

Also, the dynamic adds a LOT of comedy to mimes that pick good moments to break their vow. I personally like waiting for radstorms and taking off my mask next to someone, lighting a cigarette and going, "I fucking hate this job" before putting my mask back on and going back outside.
Last edited by BrolyButterfingers on Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #699146

Because mime gets powers that are actually very strong, to balance that you get 1 extreme but incredibly specific restriction, you don't talk.

You can't talk, that's it. You literally don't even have to mime you can just PDA people or write shit down.

If you wanna do cytology just go scientist and this stuff wouldn't have occured.

I get shitsec making them frustrated but breaking your vow to scream over the radio about it WILL get you lynched. It was also entirely unnecessary to resolve the situation.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699147

mimes cant pda people except emojicons and i think oranges was trying to make it so they cant write either
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #699148

Should have just mimed better
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #699149

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:01 am mimes cant pda people except emojicons and i think oranges was trying to make it so they cant write either
Did that happen fairly recently?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #699150

quote="Super Aggro Crag" post_id=699147 time=1691906493 user_id=1433]
mimes cant pda people except emojicons and i think oranges was trying to make it so they cant write either
[/quote]

Mimes can write and use their pda. Breaking your vow is a cowards act.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #699152

I would think the CE outta have better things to do than harassing a dead mime for 20 minutes, but there it is, I'm the one writing this appeal and not him.
Lol. Lmao, even.
Arent we supposed to be roleplaying relatively stable people working jobs they've earned, not frothing lunatics waiting for the chance to get away with murder at the slightest rules-justifiable pretext?
Is it possible for us to start QC banning people in the opposite direction of the recent QC bans? This isn't what I want to see from players.

If brother wants to larp as Joaquin Phoenix he should've picked clown and he could have society posted all day as clown.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #699154

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:04 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:01 am mimes cant pda people except emojicons and i think oranges was trying to make it so they cant write either
They can't PDA outside of emojis, and the Coders made it so you can't write without breaking the Vow. Crag is correct.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #699155

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:09 am
I would think the CE outta have better things to do than harassing a dead mime for 20 minutes, but there it is, I'm the one writing this appeal and not him.
Lol. Lmao, even.
Arent we supposed to be roleplaying relatively stable people working jobs they've earned, not frothing lunatics waiting for the chance to get away with murder at the slightest rules-justifiable pretext?
Is it possible for us to start QC banning people in the opposite direction of the recent QC bans? This isn't what I want to see from players.

If brother wants to larp as Joaquin Phoenix he should've picked clown and he could have society posted all day as clown.
They dare say that after vow breaking, awful ”mime” and taking a tongue out for their transgression is an optimal punishment
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699157

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:13 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:09 am
Lol. Lmao, even.

They dare say that after vow breaking, awful ”mime” and taking a tongue out for their transgression is an optimal punishment
Yeah I thought taking their tongue was both pretty fair and thematically appropriate; I'm actually a little flabbergasted he got his note removed when he threw both engilathe boards through the recycler in response.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #699158

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:12 am
They can't PDA outside of emojis, and the Coders made it so you can't write without breaking the Vow. Crag is correct.
Might be bugged, I could write just fine a day or two ago. In any case writing as a mime is lame and miming is easy.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699159

Hey, wait a fucking second

How'd he know IC to retaliate against me for the tongue removal? I ordered it while he was dead/asleep, I'm fairly certain. I also ordered the mutadone while he was dead/asleep. Someone might have to look at the logs and see if he was using dead info.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #699160

For someone who fucked around with engineering he seems to have literally no idea how the department works which is five minutes of job at round start and then just sandbox projects the rest of shift, with the CE actually having the least amount of work. It is absolutely characteristic of a CE to spend the round messing with a mime.

And throwing the engiboards into the trash isn't that severe? Literally prog traitor shit. Actually a lot of prog traitors leave the board there still so debatable it's worse. Any engineers from that shift ought to admin complaint that note removal. I wouldn't want this player getting another freebie round of this nonsense.

Furthermore notes are only supposed to be removed if factually incorrect or unjustifiably harsh. Where is either of this?
Last edited by dirk_mcblade on Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #699161

I still cant get over the fact they wrote like 16 paragraps over a fucking note when they couldnt for the life of them use a *me emote and just haadd to break vow. Despicable mime play.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699162

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:12 am
Thank you gungy
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #699163

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:25 am I still cant get over the fact they wrote like 16 paragraps over a fucking note when they couldnt for the life of them use a *me emote and just haadd to break vow. Despicable mime play.
Should've been changed to a permanent mime job ban.
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699164

Lacran wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:00 am If you wanna do cytology just go scientist and this stuff wouldn't have occured.
he started doing cytology only because the opportunity presented itself. it wasn't like he started the round wanting to do cytology:
Anyways, at round start, I goofed around a while, and then wandered over to the HOP office. The Chaplain was there in front of me asking for Xenobio access. The HOP just gave him a spare science ID, and since I've been wanting to do cytology for a while, I asked for the same thing. The HOP gave me a blank scientist ID just like the chaplain.
Lacran wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:00 am I get shitsec making them frustrated but breaking your vow to scream over the radio about it WILL get you lynched. It was also entirely unnecessary to resolve the situation.
the mime never talked over radio. they only ever talked to security directly. while in the brig and standing out the door, which he was just asking for the scientist ID back (and hurling some insults at sec). right afterwards he seals his vow again.

there is a severe lack of empathy in this thread. it's pretty clear that the issue he had with the entire situation was that it was just a waste of fucking time. shitsec was wasting his time. the CE was wasting his time with the tongue thing. medical was wasting his time with incompetency. meanwhile everyone on common radio is just openly antagonizing him. i know he dumped the contents of the CE's locker into disposals, and dumped the lathe board into disposals as well, but it seemed he didn't think it would actually be a full on-destruction. i just feel fuckin bad for the guy. that shit would fucking ruin my day.

have some fucking heart guys
Last edited by iwishforducks on Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #699165

He chose mime. You don't have to play mine if you don't want to.
SkyMonster

Post by SkyMonster » #699166

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:19 am Hey, wait a fucking second

How'd he know IC to retaliate against me for the tongue removal? I ordered it while he was dead/asleep, I'm fairly certain. I also ordered the mutadone while he was dead/asleep. Someone might have to look at the logs and see if he was using dead info.
You know I think you're right about that. All he should have known about you was a few bonks and that's about it.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #699167

Ducks empathy doesn't absolve a player of all responsibility.

When you play mime you do so knowing you are valid if you speak, he chose to rant about security, he got valided.

This is the one requirement for mime, nobody is forcing them to play mime you agree to these terms when you play it.

You get arrested for breaking into Chem, you get your I.D that doesn't have your name on it confiscated and you break your vow to rant about it, which is understandable but you are very likely going to die.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #699170

Don't play mime if you're going to talk for any reason. Simple.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #699172

theres like 20 ways to bypass the vow of silence as mime anyway and while its most definitely frowned upon atleast you dont break your vow.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #699175

Never touching Mime (and Clown for that matter) if it gets people this riled up.

Also I think everyone here is missing who is the real baddie of the story (it's shitsec).
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #699178

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:58 am Also, the dynamic adds a LOT of comedy to mimes that pick good moments to break their vow. I personally like waiting for radstorms and taking off my mask next to someone, lighting a cigarette and going, "I fucking hate this job" before putting my mask back on and going back outside.
i would fucking die, that's fucking great
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #699179

Mimes being able to write without impacting their vow isn't broken.

MSO did a server-side code override to reverse the PR implementing it.

It's effectively reverted on live servers due to this.

So people that read the code are correct that it should be impossible to write without breaking as a mime.

People that play are correct that mimes can still do it due to server side shenanigans changing the code back.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699180

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:59 am
Lacran wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:00 am If you wanna do cytology just go scientist and this stuff wouldn't have occured.
he started doing cytology only because the opportunity presented itself. it wasn't like he started the round wanting to do cytology:
Anyways, at round start, I goofed around a while, and then wandered over to the HOP office. The Chaplain was there in front of me asking for Xenobio access. The HOP just gave him a spare science ID, and since I've been wanting to do cytology for a while, I asked for the same thing. The HOP gave me a blank scientist ID just like the chaplain.
Lacran wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:00 am I get shitsec making them frustrated but breaking your vow to scream over the radio about it WILL get you lynched. It was also entirely unnecessary to resolve the situation.
the mime never talked over radio. they only ever talked to security directly. while in the brig and standing out the door, which he was just asking for the scientist ID back (and hurling some insults at sec). right afterwards he seals his vow again.

there is a severe lack of empathy in this thread. it's pretty clear that the issue he had with the entire situation was that it was just a waste of fucking time. shitsec was wasting his time. the CE was wasting his time with the tongue thing. medical was wasting his time with incompetency. meanwhile everyone on common radio is just openly antagonizing him. i know he dumped the contents of the CE's locker into disposals, and dumped the lathe board into disposals as well, but it seemed he didn't think it would actually be a full on-destruction. i just feel fuckin bad for the guy. that shit would fucking ruin my day.

have some fucking heart guys
They picked the one vocally restricted job and then decided to cut a promo in brig like they were triple H in 2006, I don’t see a reason to feel bad since being victim to ss13 shenanigans is part of the game, unless I am missing something
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #699181

Now imagine if he mimed out his appeal.

That'd be the best mime type appeal ever seen.
Hugs
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #699182

Misdoubtful wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:13 pm Now imagine if he mimed out his appeal.

That'd be the best mime type appeal ever seen.
The eternal SS13 condition. Putting more effort into the appeal than into their IC interactions, such that if they'd put even a fraction of that effort into the IC interaction they'd not have to be appealing.

I'd rather mimes just mime everything out IC and take their 10 lashes when they rage out and speak while playing the role with magical powers that's supposed to not speak.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #699184

I still think the note getting removed is not cool, if it's fine to remove factually accurate notes then I want my glycerin grenade note removed too then because that was like literally my first round and somebody handed me the grenade. And I only put a hole in engineering incidentally to being attacked rather than actively sabotaged it.
But I mean, whatever. I just hate mimes in general.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #699191

There are many cases of a player being PM'd where something does not need to be noted, or an admin chooses not to note based on the conversation. I feel removing the note is fair because had the mime been available at the time to speak with, I would have done so, and our conversation probably would have ended with a "Yeah no they were totally allowed to do that to you, remember that for the future, King." No note required. Maybe I am being a little too forgiving, particularly regarding the potential use of ghost info, but I do see that the Mime got themselves into an unwinnable scenario, and just kept getting Really unlucky.

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #699192

Just saying guys, but if I was that mime, I'd stuff my backpack with the maximum amount of bombs possible in the videogame of SS13 that is being the context of this discussion, and give that doctor a real tight hug before deleting them and their entire department.

Of course, this is all just hyopthetical, because I will never play a mime and have no interest of doing so. But just saying! And also, you're being honest to god cowards with this escalation policy: If you're already going to void someone's life over something as trite as using their voice, at least let them fight back against all the idiots that are coming for them. It's only fair!

With emotional regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information