sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by oranges » #699226

viewtopic.php?p=699225#p699225

if anyone has a better way to finish this thread with an s word i'd be keen
Last edited by oranges on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from success

Post by The Wrench » #699227

Honestly sinful did nothing wrong. This is the fourms equivalent of a “Notes aren’t punishment” justified ban. He didn’t cross any lines and our boy deserves to be free.

Banter is banter

Also “Suffers succinctly for sedition”
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from success

Post by Timberpoes » #699230

Well duh. Ban placed by the headmin that says notes are a punishment. What did anyone expect, that I'd add on yet another limp warning?

Warnings are a punishment, because if they're not heeded they eventually turn into bans.

And the bannings will continue until warning compliance improves.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699231

the softban could expire when the headmin threads are out so I can engage (in a civil manner!) with those.
sinfuls one of the most pro player voices i know who uses forums so id like this too
respect (let him do his thing)
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #699234

I've seen at least 2 other people use that mock to stave off the fruit's attention before and I don't think either of them got warnings or bans for it. I'd prefer it be consistent if anything.

To add my two cents, as much as sinful can go overboard at times, he does also say a lot of the things that should be said that nobody else does. I honestly don't blame him getting defensive most of the time, since you people tend to dogpile him like a horde of rats, and often enough I don't believe the opposition is that civil either. A lot of you cloak your insults in passive aggressive terms, which is honestly just as insulting as outright stating an insult, but gives you enough cover to hide behind as to not face punishment.

Also, another player banned from the Player's Club. Hrngh.
Last edited by Indie-ana Jones on Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #699235

the idea that my post was overly hostile is laughable considering sinful's own conduct. his entire stance within the "discussion" was that enforcing a "vibe" was untenable. it's quite ironic that he didn't like my "vibe" in that case.

i was under the impression that this was the tone of our interactions; it's fine and in good fun to take playful jabs at each other in the spirit of peanut posting. i'm able to take and dish out these jabs without taking them personally, because that is often the tone we enjoy when we're getting into these sorts of debates. it's fun. i'm not doing it to actually upset anyone, i have no ill will toward sinful or anyone else i interact with in these discussions, and they are never targeted toward someone's character fundamentally: they only comment on the relevant behaviour they're displaying. i fully understand that i don't know anyone personally from my interactions on the forums alone. if i dislike their posts, then that's all i know about them: that i dislike their posts. it doesn't go beyond that.

when i slip a dumb little jab in there it's just a little snarky snack for the reader to nibble on while they trudge through the rest of my post and get to its actual boring point. otherwise it would be another dry dendy essaypost, devoid of all flavour. those aren't fun to write, and i definitely know they aren't fun to read. his response had no point beyond the jab. there was no further reading to be done there. the choice to abandon discussion and fully turn to slapfighting was his choice, because he became totally focused on the fact that i spoke slightly out of turn. it is also why i disengaged from posting any further: there was no point. he'd sucked all the fun out of it by having a tantrum.

if he feels persecuted because i simply pointed out that he doesn't like being asked to do things when he openly insults and antagonizes other people the way he does then all i can say is that i hope that this gives him something to reflect on. if my delicately snide little comment had this effect, then i would implore him to consider the impact his regular behaviour has on other people who are not as equipped to handle it.

all in all, another example of someone who enjoys the sowing but never the reaping. i don't particularly care whether he's unbanned or not. his post calling me a child was not hurtful, clever or original. just meaningless.

also, i'm not a man. (sinful has kindly corrected this.)
Last edited by dendydoom on Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699236

ive never heard someone use the adjectives "delicately snide"
posh
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #699239

This feels like another case like his original player's club ban.

He was definitely crossing a lot of lines often. He definitely picked up a lot of warnings.

But this wasn't something worth hitting him for. And they should've waited until he did. If it was worth perma'ing him, it would've been inevitable.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #699240

Suffers sadly from short sighted success
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699242

dang that is better
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699244

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:39 pm I've seen at least 2 other people use that mock to stave off the fruit's attention before and I don't think either of them got warnings or bans for it. I'd prefer it be consistent if anything.
actually they all got forum warnings

also I think sinfulbliss forgot the golden rule, which is that if you're going to be annoying at least be useful too.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by saprasam » #699250

yeah this ban is stupid free sinful
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #699251

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:39 pm Also, another player banned from the Player's Club. Hrngh.
Same player banned again from the player's club, only active ban from the player's club

jsyk
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699253

sinful was being a butthead but im glad they let his post stand instead of censoring it

honestly sinful just stop being a fucking douchebag, it was a fucking text box saying "hey stop being a fucking bitch" and you shit your fucking pants over it. next time i'll be sure to advise the admins telling people to stop being miserable drains on the community to instead of just saying we're trying to have a positive environment here just call them racial slurs, because i know you wouldn't have any issue with that and we could spare you an embarrassing appeal
Last edited by Super Aggro Crag on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699255

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:35 pmnext time i'll be sure to advise the admins telling people to tell people to stop being miserable drains on the community to instead of just saying we're trying to have a positive environment here just call them racial slurs because i know you wouldn't have any issue with that and we could spare you an embarrassing appeal
bro what the hell are you talking about
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #699256

The only reason why you guys were saying that the ban was bad was because he was banned for insulting oranges.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699257

oranges wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:37 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:35 pmnext time i'll be sure to advise the admins telling people to tell people to stop being miserable drains on the community to instead of just saying we're trying to have a positive environment here just call them racial slurs because i know you wouldn't have any issue with that and we could spare you an embarrassing appeal
bro what the hell are you talking about
sinful is one of those guys who finds it really important to some imagined community culture that people babble the n-word without context like a coprolaliac spastic fuckwit; I'm saying next time misdoubtful should just call Kendrick the n-word so that sinful won't get so upset about it
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699258

sinful says some of the most darndest things, but i feel like we take too much glee in using him as our punching bag most of the time

should sinful should have said it? ehhhhh... sinful's message is more than just a little enflaming.

but honestly so was dendy's and oranges' messages; i would consider oranges' and dendy's messages way more enflaming than sinful's.

lift the ban
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #699259

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:39 pm I've seen at least 2 other people use that mock to stave off the fruit's attention before and I don't think either of them got warnings or bans for it. I'd prefer it be consistent if anything.

To add my two cents, as much as sinful can go overboard at times, he does also say a lot of the things that should be said that nobody else does. I honestly don't blame him getting defensive most of the time, since you people tend to dogpile him like a horde of rats, and often enough I don't believe the opposition is that civil either. A lot of you cloak your insults in passive aggressive terms, which is honestly just as insulting as outright stating an insult, but gives you enough cover to hide behind as to not face punishment.

Also, another player banned from the Player's Club. Hrngh.
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:42 pm sinful says some of the most darndest things, but i feel like we take too much glee in using him as our punching bag most of the time

should sinful should have said it? ehhhhh... sinful's message is more than just a little enflaming.

but honestly so was dendy's and oranges' messages; i would consider oranges' and dendy's messages way more enflaming than sinful's.

lift the ban
No.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #699260

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:42 pm i would consider oranges' and dendy's messages way more enflaming than sinful's.
Respecfully, hard disagree.

Dreary said "You're dumb" Oranges said "You act like a child"

Sinful said "You sexually harass people"

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699261

they're all true statements i just think sinful should just stop acting like a little bitch
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #699263

i hope im one of the six game admins :pleading_face: i want to be part of some evil secret cabal working behind the scenes to ruin ppls experiences
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699264

Archie700 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:45 pm No.
then the ban should be about that, and not about this? i think sinful is a fucking deadass moron for saying that shit but the subject of THIS ban is ludicrous.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699265

Sightld2 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:49 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:42 pm i would consider oranges' and dendy's messages way more enflaming than sinful's.

the difference, as I see it, is that dreary and oranges were throwing around playground insults. completely irrelevant to the conversation as a whole. served no other purpose than to enflame. at least sinful's messages was somewhat relevant, i.e. "you can't call me immature when you have been administratively punished for sexual harassment"
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #699268

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:01 pm

the difference, as I see it, is that dreary and oranges were throwing around playground insults. completely irrelevant to the conversation as a whole. served no other purpose than to enflame. at least sinful's messages was somewhat relevant, i.e. "you can't call me immature when you have been administratively punished for sexual harassment"
Hot take: If you have been removed from the community before for Sexual Harassment and are let back in only because you are useful, people should be fully allowed to call you out on it.

It'd be one thing if it was a regular dude who got Rule 8'd and went through a proper appeal and got approved. Give the guy a chance to move past his past.

Oranges' case was specifically JUST to prevent problems.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #699269

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:42 pm sinful says some of the most darndest things, but i feel like we take too much glee in using him as our punching bag most of the time
Y'all talk about alienating shitty members that make no effort in being not shitty like they did nothing wrong lol
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699270

i appealed my ban like everyone else
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #699271

The real difference is some people are intentionally malicious, know what they are doing is wrong, and do it anyways.
Hugs
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699272

at the end of day
im going to go paint something
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699273

I dunno about you guys but im waiting for my trainer to notice me and candidate me
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #699274

oranges wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:19 pm I dunno about you guys but im waiting for my trainer to notice me and candidate me
hi
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
conrad

Post by conrad » #699276

oranges wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:19 pm I dunno about you guys but im waiting for my trainer to notice me and candidate me
Oh yeah this is literally why I posted on the player's club. As you can see, after I got noticed by senpai and purpled, I stopped posting entirely.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699277

conrad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:14 pm
Y'all talk about alienating shitty members that make no effort in being not shitty like they did nothing wrong lol
i would rather prefer if this community strayed away from being mean/alienating in its entirety. if someone is being shitty then it oughta be handled properly. this community need not get its fix from using people as punching bags

i don't really understand what you mean by "like they did nothing wrong" or who "Y'all" is precisely referring to, honestly. i have said my fair share of words about sinful in my time- and in this thread.
conrad

Post by conrad » #699278

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:22 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:14 pm
i would rather prefer if this community strayed away from being mean/alienating in its entirety. if someone is being shitty then it oughta be handled properly. this community need not get its fix from using people as punching bags
If you're called out, consistently, for being an asshole, by a multitude of people, you're not some avant-garde visionary of proper conduct that has arrived with Zulfiqar in hand on a jihad to excise the cancer consuming tg.

You're just an asshole. If what you're saying is "ignore the trolls", then yeah, I advocate for that same idea. Except people here don't fucking do that anyway, and I can't in my heart of hearts blame them for not treating them the respect they actually don't deserve.
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:22 pm i don't really understand what you mean by "like they did nothing wrong" or who "Y'all" is precisely referring to, honestly. i have said my fair share of words about sinful in my time- and in this thread.
By "like they did nothing wrong", I mean that people paragoning dickheads, and the "Y'all" is those people. tbh that might not be you, and I apologize for casting this aspersion.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #699279

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:01 pm

i'm not going to defend my cheap mockery - if you didn't like it, then you didn't like it. that's fair. but it was about 10% of my actual post. there was a point behind it that was bigger than the fact that i was snidely insinuating that he was being foolishly arrogant around his refusal to ever concede to any requests for decency. his posts had no such point. it was just an insult standing out on its lonesome. the only response to that would be more insults, which i am not interested in. the jabs are nothing more than a nice little dessert. if it's all you eat then you'll just make yourself sick.

i was also under the impression that he was being sarcastic in the first place, since his entire point was that we shouldn't be policing each other's tone. ultimately i agreed with him, except that the claws should be kept to the scratching post debate threads, and not our cute little picture sharing threads. he disagreed and said that we should be able to say what we want anywhere because it's good for discussion. so i said exactly what i wanted. it was not good for discussion. an interesting experiment.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #699280

sinful was just speaking fax tho
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #699281

oranges on several occasions has told the entirrer manuel cord he was horny and was finally banned for posting catgirl scat porn copypasta
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699282

simply false
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #699284

oranges.png
all of the scat copypastas were deleted by moderators
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699285

convenient excuse
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #699286

Archie700 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:38 pm The only reason why you guys were saying that the ban was bad was because he was banned for insulting oranges.
No? I think the ban is bad because he didn’t say anything ban worthy
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #699287

orangeswashorny.png
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699289

no evidence of felinid scat porn copypasta my hands are clean.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #699290

oranges wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:51 pm no evidence of felinid scat porn copypasta my hands are clean.
yes the admins deleted all of it because it was disgusting
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699291

i think you're lying.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #699294

All this would be avoided if we closed off players club to people who actually played the game.
Image Image
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699295

all of this could be avoided if sinfulbliss did not get mad
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #699297

Archie700 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:38 pm The only reason why you guys were saying that the ban was bad was because he was banned for insulting oranges.
if you were a baseballer you would've gone the opposite direction of the first base
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699299

Boot wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:55 pm All this would be avoided if we closed off players club to people who actually played the game.
fuck and i actually played the game yesterday
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699300

dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:34 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:01 pm the difference, as I see it, is that dreary and oranges were throwing around playground insults. completely irrelevant to the conversation as a whole. served no other purpose than to enflame. at least sinful's messages was somewhat relevant, i.e. "you can't call me immature when you have been administratively punished for sexual harassment"
i'm not going to defend my cheap mockery - if you didn't like it, then you didn't like it. that's fair. but it was about 10% of my actual post. there was a point behind it that was bigger than the fact that i was snidely insinuating that he was being foolishly arrogant around his refusal to ever concede to any requests for decency. his posts had no such point. it was just an insult standing out on its lonesome. the only response to that would be more insults, which i am not interested in. the jabs are nothing more than a nice little dessert. if it's all you eat then you'll just make yourself sick.
the vibe i got from your post is very "talk-down"-ish. hard to put my finger on it exactly. probably just conrad coming in to one-up you? regardless the post alone just comes off as very snide. the first paragraph adds nothing to the conversation, because the second paragraph of your post says more than it does in less. from my point of view, "it's exhausting to have to explain things that should be simple." at the end of your post also comes off as very snide. i mean your post before that was completely fine. sinful's post to that was also completely fine. there's a very big tonal shift in your post
the only response to that would be more insults, which i am not interested in. the jabs are nothing more than a nice little dessert. if it's all you eat then you'll just make yourself sick.
thank goodness, i wouldn't want you to hurt yourself thinking about it too hard.
? i do not understand. this is very twofaced. why say you're not interested in responding with more insults when you respond with something that's just enflaming?
dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:34 pm i was also under the impression that he was being sarcastic in the first place, since his entire point was that we shouldn't be policing each other's tone. ultimately i agreed with him, except that the claws should be kept to the scratching post debate threads, and not our cute little picture sharing threads. he disagreed and said that we should be able to say what we want anywhere because it's good for discussion. so i said exactly what i wanted. it was not good for discussion. an interesting experiment.
this is entirely besides the point, and ironically enough this is getting off-topic in itself, but i still think it's worthy enough to discuss: i think you misunderstood the point sinful and kendrick were making (i kind of didn't realize this until later, honestly.) first and foremost, kendrick's message on the thread itself was about no-context pictures. that posting story laced images with no context is lame. they were not saying that all of the images were lame or that the thread itself was lame. kendrick's post is still quite a cynical post regardless.

sinful's point about policing each other's tone is more about systematically enforcing tone versus personally choosing to say "i think you are being mean and non-conductive to conversations" - he doesn't want a world where you can just say whatever you want in every thread. he cares about keeping threads on topic... usually, at least. but he also doesn't care to engage messages that are directed towards him if they're just going to be enflaming.

the whole "so i said exactly what i wanted. it was not good for discussion. an interesting experiment." also comes off as very twofaced to me. you seem to be content in posting things that are enflaming. i do not understand you, dendy.