I regret voting for Timberpoes

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by ekaterina » #696518

Bottom post of the previous page:

I just read one of the dumbest rulings ever made on tgstation. viewtopic.php?p=695750#p695750.

What the fuck does "can't use it to fight back" even mean? Expecting a player to just sit there and let himself be beaten is absolutely immersion-breaking. It's beyond stupid.

Even if that wording doesn't actually mean that and I just misinterpreted it, this is still an awful ruling. Something as trivial and basic as calling a ligger that resulting in something as major as a player being "valid" is absurd!
Last edited by ekaterina on Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Re: I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by Boot » #698160

wubli wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:12 pm
wubli wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:16 pm would any of you defending the n-word for lizards go outside and talk to a real person about it
This isn't the great counterpoint you might think it is. Discussing any part of SS13 with strangers, including but not limited to liggers, unless carefully curated, would make you look like a loonie.
First of all you're ugly and no one likes you secondly if you were a normal human people would be interested in hearing you talk about your hobbies. what would make you look like a lunatic is that your hill to die on is the n-word for humanoid lizards. Get a fucking grip
Reminder that you don't belong here. This is the forum for people who actually play the game.
Image Image
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698162

SIX PAGES LESGOOOOOOOO

More content and salt than Crag's ban
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #698164

Boot wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:26 am
wubli wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 pm First of all you're ugly and no one likes you secondly if you were a normal human people would be interested in hearing you talk about your hobbies. what would make you look like a lunatic is that your hill to die on is the n-word for humanoid lizards. Get a fucking grip
Reminder that you don't belong here. This is the forum for people who actually play the game.
Been around here since 2016 sorry I enjoy things other than ss13 every few months :D I'll make sure to log in everyday as to not lose my elitist card
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #698170

I'm Headmin Timberpoes and this is my favourite thread on the forums.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698171

it's concerning that a vast number of the most notable threads are about slurs.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698173

I come to the TJ statistics form to talk about trendline concepts because the VENEER has gotten too large for feats once seen as worthwhile and which now lay discarded. Thus i TRUNCATE to a SMALLER VENEER TJ STATISTICS so that I need not justify myself by faded certificates. Tragic for the TJ statistics statistic buffer system, I am no longer interested in the existing scoped framework bywhich the TJ stats sociosystem is concerned in align with the maxim of entropic persistence and thusly cause system instability
Yea dude i hear you, post idealist hell is post ideological its fuckin crazy. I mean its pretty fucking rad if you can navigate the main veneer, cause the veneer is still reality and the inequivalences of reality are still fucking beautiful but like in a way you need to contemplate and show credence to aka nothing you could communicate over a post ironic communication like this and i wont literally burst your bubble so just. Well I'd say keep it together or hang in there but your modus operandi needs to recognize your deviation from reality to persist so basically your fucked if you keep living like this but thats exactly what you want to hear isn't it?

When I see someone like you I am reminded of a radio drama from a few years back in which a small town is being depopulated by what is thought to be a ghost or some crap and when its all said and done its revealed that at some point some kid had the dumb idea to get stuck in a cave nearby the town, and that kid yelled for help until he was sure to die, but thats when a man came to him and decided to stay with the kid for what would be his last moments. Then the man gets stuck and does the same and on and on until the detective finds a pile of corpses dead from natural gas poisoning which probably explains why everyone in that cave was acting so dumb.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #698174

dendydoom wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:52 am it's concerning that a vast number of the most notable threads are about slurs.
See you next thread/month
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #698186

Think of it as a cool game mode say ligger then run around hiding
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #698189

Barricade yourself in the supermatter engine, they cant delaminate the SM without getting banned if they aren't an antagonist, watch them foam at the mouth in anger.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #698193

wubli wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:59 am
wubli wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 pm First of all you're ugly and no one likes you secondly if you were a normal human people would be interested in hearing you talk about your hobbies. what would make you look like a lunatic is that your hill to die on is the n-word for humanoid lizards. Get a fucking grip
Been around here since 2016 sorry I enjoy things other than ss13 every few months :D I'll make sure to log in everyday as to not lose my elitist card
There's a particular warning label attached to certain people that says 'has an Internet addiction', or 'needs to stop playing this game 24/7', sometimes even 'would do well building a more robust network of hobbies'.

Sadly those warning labels don't come with any instructions.
Hugs
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698194

wubli wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:12 pm
wubli wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:16 pm would any of you defending the n-word for lizards go outside and talk to a real person about it
This isn't the great counterpoint you might think it is. Discussing any part of SS13 with strangers, including but not limited to liggers, unless carefully curated, would make you look like a loonie.
First of all you're ugly and no one likes you secondly if you were a normal human people would be interested in hearing you talk about your hobbies. what would make you look like a lunatic is that your hill to die on is the n-word for humanoid lizards. Get a fucking grip
YOU DONT BELONG HERE, THIS IS A SPACED FOR REAL GAMERS LIEK ME, FUK OU!!!
how do the cheetos taste, lardass
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #698195

It's cringe to both do and buy into gatekeeping. Don't feed the trolls. (jfc I sound like a 1999 dad)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
wubli

Post by wubli » #698230

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:24 pm
wubli wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:59 am
Boot wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:26 am Reminder that you don't belong here. This is the forum for people who actually play the game.
There's a particular warning label attached to certain people that says 'has an Internet addiction', or 'needs to stop playing this game 24/7', sometimes even 'would do well building a more robust network of hobbies'.

Sadly those warning labels don't come with any instructions.
you're only REAL if you ONLY play this game. if you dare take breaks and enjoy other things you FUCKING SUCK yoU DON'T play the gaem you AREN'T a real one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wubli

Post by wubli » #698231

conrad wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:48 pm It's cringe to both do and buy into gatekeeping. Don't feed the trolls. (jfc I sound like a 1999 dad)
I'm holding your hand right now
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698244

The thought experiment is more fun

Let’s see. If I had to describe every facet of the game to someone. Ligger would definitely not be a fun part of that. Although neither would catgirls. Or the vore merge on april fools. I’m actually not sure which is worse, explaining uwuspeak and catgirl vore or ligger, I would actually probably prefer explaining ligger in most circles but I would say it very gently and definitely in triple quotes if I were forced.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698245

Like let’s run through how this would go..

“Yeah there’s also like in-game racism towards lizard and moth species which is funny”
“hah”
“yeah they call moths lampfuckers and lizards uh… actually it’s really bad…”
“wuh??”
“they call them…. yikes…”
“WHAT DO THEY CALL THEM”
“…they call them… ‘liggers’… like with an L…”
“oh my god”

versus

“yeah there are all sorts of species like felinids and moths and-“
“‘Felinids?’”
“yeah like catboy and catgirl people”
“oh”
“yeah sometimes the catgirls talk in uwuspeak and on april fools they could vore people”
“oh.. *looks at watch nervously* i gotta run good talk!”
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698248

better yet they ask what uwuspeak and vore is, now you’re really wishing you could just explain the L word, now aren’t you, bucko?
Spoiler:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698252

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:25 pm The thought experiment is more fun

Let’s see. If I had to describe every facet of the game to someone. Ligger would definitely not be a fun part of that. Although neither would catgirls. Or the vore merge on april fools. I’m actually not sure which is worse, explaining uwuspeak and catgirl vore or ligger, I would actually probably prefer explaining ligger in most circles but I would say it very gently and definitely in triple quotes if I were forced.
i get your point but you could just describe uwuspeak as weird people typing in a cutesy manner, i dont think it would be that bad
vore is significantly worse but its something that i genuinely wasnt aware of due to how it only happened on one april fools
ligger specifically is something thats said a lot and is hard to downplay because people are just going to see it for what it is: the n word with one letter swapped
wubli

Post by wubli » #698256

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:44 pm better yet they ask what uwuspeak and vore is, now you’re really wishing you could just explain the L word, now aren’t you, bucko?
No because you just say it's a fetish and they won't get mad at you for explaining. what they would look at you weird for is defending the equivalent of the n-word for lizards
even normies have been subjected to uwu through the internet
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698257

i'm sure in some circles the idea of an adult woman with cat ears is a more egregious crime than racism. probably between talks about how hard the geography homework is this week and which girls have cooties.
NSFW:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698258

kinnebian wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:14 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:25 pm The thought experiment is more fun

i get your point but you could just describe uwuspeak as weird people typing in a cutesy manner, i dont think it would be that bad
vore is significantly worse but its something that i genuinely wasnt aware of due to how it only happened on one april fools
ligger specifically is something thats said a lot and is hard to downplay because people are just going to see it for what it is: the n word with one letter swapped
I'm kinda disappointed I didn't play more on April Fools, I tried like, seven different times but every time it was just constant adminbus "HAHA I SPAWN 20 NUKIES FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW!!!!!!" or "I MADE EVERYONE AN ANTAG, AGAIN!!!!!" shit which didn't really let people see the meme PRs all too much, at least on Manuel.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #698259

apparently catgirls and uwu are more offensive than using the n-word but with the l instead
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698261

wubli wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:53 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:44 pm better yet they ask what uwuspeak and vore is, now you’re really wishing you could just explain the L word, now aren’t you, bucko?
No because you just say it's a fetish and they won't get mad at you for explaining. what they would look at you weird for is defending the equivalent of the n-word for lizards
i don’t want to test this

let’s all just agree both are damning and better left relegated to SS13 world
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #698273

With love,
A genuine cyclops.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #698285

conrad wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:27 pm
this is the one day of the year where its legal though
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #698288

can we not make prs to just annoy people like votekicks or add degenerate content like vore on april fools and can the keyholders at least not testmerge them (why did they testmerge vore)
make cute fun stuff. one of the rounds i remember the most is april fools one year where we had event after event, zombie round, then some cool ash walker stuff. then you had a neat pr that changed something to a funny version like the lavaland minecraft pr
april fools should be about people enjoyin themselves with funny stuff that wouldnt fit the game normally not weird content where the creator laughs because its weird
conrad

Post by conrad » #698290

Fikou wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:27 pm can we not make prs to just annoy people like votekicks or add degenerate content like vore on april fools and can the keyholders at least not testmerge them (why did they testmerge vore)
make cute fun stuff. one of the rounds i remember the most is april fools one year where we had event after event, zombie round, then some cool ash walker stuff. then you had a neat pr that changed something to a funny version like the lavaland minecraft pr
april fools should be about people enjoyin themselves with funny stuff that wouldnt fit the game normally not weird content where the creator laughs because its weird
BuT FIkoU Why do YOu hATE fuN I tHOuGhT YoU wERE a fun MAINtAiNer seEMs LikE YoU'rE JUsT CrInge
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #698293

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:13 pm

i just explained the terry gay sex incident to my friend who doesn't play the game
step up your game
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #698300

if you didn't join this game in 2011 like me you're simply not a real one.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #698302

kawoppi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm

i just explained the terry gay sex incident to my friend who doesn't play the game
step up your game
Gay sex is oppressed these days man, 1984 out here
scamoppi

Post by scamoppi » #698438

kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:18 am
kawoppi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm

step up your game
Gay sex is oppressed these days man, 1984 out here
these must be trying times for you, stay strong!
there will be no justice until everybody on terry can bone
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #698446

i struggle to decide between murdering someone for free and enjoying an excessively verbally toxic environment...............................................
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
conrad

Post by conrad » #698448

massa wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:59 pm i struggle to decide between murdering someone for free and enjoying an excessively verbally toxic environment...............................................
I want you to know I appreciate your honesty.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
wubli

Post by wubli » #698743

kawoppi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm i just explained the terry gay sex incident to my friend who doesn't play the game
step up your game
what happened I must know
scamoppi

Post by scamoppi » #698744

wubli wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:20 pm
kawoppi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm i just explained the terry gay sex incident to my friend who doesn't play the game
step up your game
at first i explained the jump emote and how it was used but i did a bad job at it so i was desperately searching for the video of it
he laughed when he saw it
it might've been funnier if i mentioned the ban and that a bunch of people talked about it but i forgot to mention it after showing the video
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698778

step up your game
https://streamable.com/z2zqtw
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
conrad

Post by conrad » #698779

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:50 am
step up your game
https://streamable.com/z2zqtw
Count Dracula?

No. It's Cock Blockula.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #699854

What a mature and level-headed reply.
How many more people did Timberpoes take with him on his adventure to the fountain of youth?
wubli wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 pm [scathing, seething post]
Based. :lol:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:56 pm i'm sure in some circles the idea of an adult woman with cat ears is a more egregious crime than racism.
That wording is questionable, since neither an idea can constitute a crime, it would be a thought crime.
To address the actual point, though: Bestiality is worse than racism.
Archie700 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:07 pm apparently catgirls and uwu are more offensive than using the n-word but with the l instead
Unironically correct. Imposing your sexual fetishes on a community is so much more offensive than a word.
Fikou wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:27 pm can we not make prs to just annoy people like votekicks or add degenerate content like vore on april fools and can the keyholders at least not testmerge them (why did they testmerge vore)
This! Make rule 8 apply to c*ders.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Somepan
Byond Username: Somepan

Post by Somepan » #699864

ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:54 pm
dendydoom wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:56 pm i'm sure in some circles the idea of an adult woman with cat ears is a more egregious crime than racism.
That wording is questionable, since neither an idea can constitute a crime, it would be a thought crime.
If i may, there is indeed furries who are into bestiality, this is true, this is factual, are all furries into bestiality ? No. Are all people who wear catgirl ears furries ? No.

For an equivalent comparision.
There's white people who are white supremacists, does that mean we should assume all white people are white supremacist ? Should we judge them as if they are ?

You're equating people wearing cat ears to people being into bestiality ? Which is a wild leap.
Same thing for claiming it's inherently fetishistic, some people play do play catgirls because of sexual preferences, that's undeniable, extrapolating it to all people who play felinids and uwuspeech is also mad. I know people who do that solely to annoy people that are as angry about it as you are.
That's like claiming all people that play women in game are just horny men, because there's a subset of women player who would definitly do that.

You seemed genuinly nice when i talked to you OOC and when you left a good remark on my review thread, but your takes on forums are absolutly wild. I really suggest you take a step back from the game and the community as a whole and just look at what you write.
► Show Spoiler
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #699867

Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:17 pm If i may, there is indeed furries who are into bestiality, this is true, this is factual, are all furries into bestiality ? No. Are all people who wear catgirl ears furries ? No.
You are assuming they are separate concepts to begin with, and I didn't mention furries at all, you did.
It's one thing to be attracted to a person despite or regardless of that person wearing cat ears. To be attracted to a person because of her wearing cat ears is to be attracted to animal traits, that's zoophilia, otherwise known as bestiality, which is what I was referring to.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:17 pm For an equivalent comparision.
There's white people who are white supremacists, does that mean we should assume all white people are white supremacist ? Should we judge them as if they are ?
That's nowhere near equivalent, it's a false analogy. Race is not a thought, it's a physical characteristic that people didn't choose. You can't argue that someone is a racist because of the person's race by definition, like you can with the above.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:17 pm You're equating people wearing cat ears to people being into bestiality ? Which is a wild leap.
... how is it wild? Also, it's not wearing cat ears that means you're into bestiality, it's being into people doing so. It's a form of bestiality.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:17 pm Same thing for claiming it's inherently fetishistic, some people play do play catgirls because of sexual preferences, that's undeniable, extrapolating it to all people who play felinids and uwuspeech is also mad.
It's not necessarily the people playing felinids, it's some of them but also the people keeping them around. Of course some do so because they themselves are into it, but it's not just that. It's the people who call for that species to continue to exist because of fetishes, because they're into seeing characters like that.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:17 pm I know people who do that solely to annoy people that are as angry about it as you are.
Doing something ironically is still doing it. I think we established that precedent in almost every single rule 8 ban. People think doing something sexual is funny, they do it, claim "it was just a prank, bro" but get banned anyway.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:17 pm You seemed genuinly nice when i talked to you OOC and when you left a good remark on my review thread, but your takes on forums are absolutly wild. I really suggest you take a step back from the game and the community as a whole and just look at what you write.
It's reciprocal. You seem like a friendly individual and a good admin, but I have found some of your forum posts to contain bizarre radical leftist ideas.

Now let's surgically remove those cat ears and tail!
Last edited by ekaterina on Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #699869

ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:54 pm
it was an interesting choice to call my wording questionable and then unironically posit the idea that the existence of a woman with human anatomy and human intelligence but with a pair of cat ears is the same as fucking a housecat.
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #699870

How the fuck did we get here. This thread was supposed to be about how terrible I am.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #699872

"catgirls are worse than racism" is definitely a take of all time
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #699874

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:33 pm How the fuck did we get here. This thread was supposed to be about how terrible I am.
I agree.
Kendrickorium, where are you? Where is the starsector posting? We should be having wholesome starsector posting instead of... whatever this is.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699875

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:33 pm How the fuck did we get here. This thread was supposed to be about how terrible I am.
Ekat was jealous
Somepan
Byond Username: Somepan

Post by Somepan » #699877

ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm You are assuming they are separate concepts to begin with, and I didn't mention furries at all, you did.
It's one thing to be attracted to a person despite or regardless of that person wearing cat ears. To be attracted to a person because of her wearing cat ears is to be attracted to animal traits, that's zoophilia, otherwise known as bestiality, which is what I was referring to.
So you're saying that a person that likes a fake anime woman with cat ears is the same as a real human that wants to shag sheep ? Because that's what you're saying, and i'm sure that most people who want to fuck catgirls (which again, aren't all people who play felinids) want to fuck cats.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm That's nowhere near equivalent, it's a false analogy. Race is not a thought, it's a physical characteristic that people didn't choose. You can't argue that someone is a racist because of the person's race by definition, like you can with the above.
Race is a dumb word, as we use it in english we basically mean "skin color, and where they "come from"", i use it, because that's the word people use, but i use it as i would ethnicity, ethnicity also implies cultural bagage, someone who's white in america won't end up with the same cultural bagage as someone who's black. Inherent characteristics impact your life, and that shapes who you are.
While being white isn't something you choose, it's something you'll see in others. Tribalism will push you towards liking people who are like you more easily than others. White people are more likely to be white supremacists, because it's a set of ideas that favors them, just like black people are more likely to be black supremacists. That's just how things are. Inherent characteristics shape the person you are. If you are gay you're less likely to be homophobic, even if it still happens.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm ... how is it wild?
It's not wearing cat ears that means you're into bestiality, it's being into people doing so. It's a form of bestiality.
You're equating the two in how you write.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm How so?
Is playing a man inherently fetishistic ? Does playing a dwarf character make you a dwarf fucker ? You're the one making the assertion here, not me.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm Doing something ironically is still doing it. I think we established that precedent in almost every single rule 8 ban. People think doing something sexual is funny, they do it, claim "it was just a prank, bro" but get banned anyway.
Having sex is inherently sexual. Pretending to have sex is inherently sexual. Because you're mimicking sex.
Uwuspeech isn't, playing a catgirl isn't. How would it be ?
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm It's reciprocal. You seem like a friendly individual and a good admin, but I have found some of your forum posts to contain bizarre radical leftist ideas.
Thanks, that'll make a very good signature, i didn't have anything to put there.

This overall thread feels very silly to me.
Even with my limited experience within the admin team i think i can easily say timberpoes is one of the better admins ? I didn't see them at any point being too harsh, they're one of the most forgiving admins in general, i'm probably biased because i end up agreeing with them most of the time, but in terms of policy they just have the takes that seem the most reasonable. Declaring that you regret voting for them over being unable to use an imaginary slur without IC repercusions is silly.
No one is stopping you from inventing new slurs for lizards. "Ligger" is just awful, it's unimaginative and a relica of a time where bigotry was more accepted on TG, stepping away IC from proxy racism towards more fantastist speciesism akin to the elves vs dwarves thing is a sane path to go towards.
Also allowing people to fight back when they meet IC specism is pretty based IMO, and the "don't fight back" close is just to prevent people spamming "ligger" in order to self antag.
I'm not going to argue further, because i doubt i'll have any real impact on you, this is the internet after all. Hope we can joke together in a few years about how silly you were.
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #699884

i would say i've dealt with more rule 8 incidents ahelped by felinid players who have been made uncomfortable by others making a pass at them. the vast majority of players just want to play the game like anyone else and not get creeped on, even on the cringe catgirl hugbox mrp server.

is this anecdotal? of course. but so is everything ekat is inferring about the players that mostly exist in their imagination.

i've missed your posts ekat, welcome back.
NSFW:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #699886

Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:51 pm So you're saying that a person that likes a fake anime woman with cat ears is the same as a real human that wants to shag sheep ? Because that's what you're saying, and i'm sure that most people who want to fuck catgirls want to fuck cats.
The same in what way? The exact same, no. They are different levels of the same thing, one's obviously much further gone than the other but their essence is the same.
Whether you conquer a village or a continent, you're a conqueror, but one's obviously much grander than the other.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:51 pm (...) are more likely to be (...)
That's hardly relevant, the analogy still doesn't work. I'm not arguing for a tendency, I'm arguing for inherence, "by definition", which isn't the case in your analogy.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:51 pm You're equating the two in how you write.
How so?
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:51 pm Is playing a man inherently fetishistic ? Does playing a dwarf character make you a dwarf fucker?
Men, as well as women, exist in real life. They are standard, they are the default. You don't need a special reason, much less a sexual one, to play either.
Dwarves have a place in fiction and fantasy, and, as such, fans for reasons that have nothing to do with a weird sexual fetish. To my knowledge, catgirls don't.
Besides, I already said it's not just the felinid players, and not all felinid players, that are the problem.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:51 pm Uwuspeech isn't [inherently sexual], playing a catgirl isn't. How would it be ?
Give me one good reason anyone would do either of those that isn't a sexual fetish or some sort of joke based off of that sexual fetish.
Somepan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:51 pm This overall thread feels very silly to me. Declaring that you regret voting for [timberpoes] over being unable to use an imaginary slur without IC repercusions is silly.
(...) "Ligger" is just awful, it's unimaginative and a relica of a time where bigotry was more accepted on TG, stepping away IC from proxy racism
That is a strawman. More so than getting rid of "ligger" (which is bad but not bad enough to make me regret my vote), it's the exceptionally stupid way he's going about it. If it's OOC in IC, add it to the filter. If you want IC repercussions, just keep what we already had and allow "speciecism" to begin normal escalation. His ruling, though, is beyond absurd. Punishing players for fighting for their lives when under attack should not be a thing, it's just ban baiting, especially without advertising the ruling. I thought him to be a capable and rational headmin, up until he created what is a glorified ban bait against people who say a word he doesn't like (nobody who doesn't read the forums knows about this, and anyone who gets attacked will obviously fight back), and replied to valid concerns about it by taunting like a little kid.
dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:59 pm i would say i've dealt with more rule 8 incidents ahelped by felinid players who have been made uncomfortable by others making a pass at them.
That backs one of my points. Felinid players aren't necessarily the problem, but the people who want to keep them around for their own sexual gratification are.
dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:59 pm i've missed your posts ekat, welcome back.
:D
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #699904

I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #699905

What the fuck, Beedell.
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699908

Chadley wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:06 pm
What the fuck, Beedell.
i mean, he was an admin on skyrat