AnRandomPerson0646
Byond Username: AnRandomPerson

[archie700] anrandomperson - permaban

Post by AnRandomPerson0646 » #700193

BYOND account: AnRandomPerson
Character name: N/A
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent,
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer is banned (PlanetDestroyer) is banned from playing here. user is alt of anrandomperson, please stick to one account
Time ban was placed: 22:50:51
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 212774
Your side of the story: I share a computer with an younger brother, He forgot to log out, and when I connected I joined the game, mid round as normal, Noticing my error, I had left the game, and tried to rejoin on my account it said leave or be banned, so I left. I wait for the round to be over, only to find his account banned being notified by the ban message, and me being unable to play due to it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a stupid, mistake on my end, and I honestly should of checked if he was still logged in. I wasn't using an Alt, I should of ahelped, and that is my bad. It was a stupid mistake as I'm forced by my parents to share a computer with him.
References of good conduct: I just found out I was banned today, and I don't think I can find references to my good conduct, besides my lack of admin remarks or notes.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [archie700] anrandomperson - permaban

Post by Archie700 » #700202

Hey, banning admin here.

First, I would like to inform you that it's not because PlanetDestroyer logged out. The alert would come whether or not he logged out of the round beforehand, since it detects your IP, which matches that of PlanetDestroyer.

Also, the multiaccount banning was my bad, I only intended to ban PlanetDestroyer since it was newer and you logged out before I could ask you, but I left something ticked in the panel and the ban took you down with it.

That being said, I checked both accounts and there's no evidence to state that both accounts played in the same round before that. Both also don't have notes or bans, which means neither account was used for ban evading.

I'll unban PlanetDestroyer and edit the note to indicate that both ckeys share a computer.
Last edited by Archie700 on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
AnRandomPerson0646
Byond Username: AnRandomPerson

Post by AnRandomPerson0646 » #700205

Thanks! I was real stressed when I saw those messages. I'll make sure to double check that I log out of my brothers account next time I get on after him. Would of made me feel like a real piece of shit if I got my brother banned permanently when I accidentally logged into his account, This issue shouldn't happen again (hopefully) as I'm moving to college soon but thanks for being understanding of the situation and getting that note added onto our accounts.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #700208

AnRandomPerson0646 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:44 pm Thanks! I was real stressed when I saw those messages. I'll make sure to double check that I log out of my brothers account next time I get on after him. Would of made me feel like a real piece of shit if I got my brother banned permanently when I accidentally logged into his account, This issue shouldn't happen again (hopefully) as I'm moving to college soon but thanks for being understanding of the situation and getting that note added onto our accounts.
The alert was not because of your brother not logging, it triggered since he played in that round before you joined. It's this way to prevent multikeyers from logging out and rejoining as another ckey to "respawn" and use metaknowledge.

Speaking of, please remember never to share knowledge of ongoing rounds, per Rule 2:
2. Do not use information gained outside of in-character means.
I.e. metagaming. This especially refers to communication between players outside of the game via things like Discord, known as metacomms. Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.
Notes on both accounts changed to:
Appeal stated that Anrandomperson and PlanetDestroyer share a computer. Please be aware not to share metaknowledge of ongoing rounds from one ckey to the other if you want to play after the other left.
You or your brother should be able to log on now.