The Jordan Peterson saga

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

The Jordan Peterson saga

Post by EmpressMaia » #700576

Bottom post of the previous page:

image-245.png
image-108.png
image-174.png
image-189.png
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: The Jordan Peterson saga

Post by ekaterina » #700669

Lacran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:29 am they appealed the ban and started talking about "transgender ideology"
Oh, yeah... now that you mention it, he did say that... I guess reading it in his appeal got it in my head and then I forgot why I'd associated that phrase to him. I used that phrase because he used it himself, which also explains why I couldn't define it: I can't read his mind and know what the phrase means to him.
Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:11 am There is no "transgender ideology", it's bullshit people spew to try and justify their hate of trans people. Wanna know what they think it is? They think the "transgender ideology" is to kidnap and fuck their kids.
That sounds so ridiculous that it is almost certainly a strawman, especially considering how many assumptions you like to make about people who disagree with you.
Fren256 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:26 am Do you believe that "transgender ideology" is real? Please answer with honesty.
Niche videogame forums are not the place I like to go to discuss politics, so I'll neither answer honestly nor dishonestly, especially since it's a loaded question involving a term that means different things to each person.
Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:11 am I'm not replying any further in this thread.
I don't plan on replying any further either. This thread's derailing from a discussion of a ban and admin misconduct into a discussion of a divisive political issue which I have no interest in discussing here.

Having seen what this forum community's like on any subject even tangentially related to politics, I'll pass on arguing against a brick wall so terminally online it thinks Twitter accurately represents average political beliefs, takes value judgements as objective fact, twists my words imposing on them its own definitions, spouts informal fallacies and formal fallacies alike, and where dogpiling is the order of the day.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #700671

ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:33 am

That sounds so ridiculous that it is almost certainly a strawman, especially considering how many assumptions you like to make about people who disagree with you.

You're dumb as shit lmao
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #700672

Lacran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:29 am they appealed the ban and started talking about "transgender ideology"
Oh, yeah... now that you mention it, he did say that... I guess reading it in his appeal got it in my head and then I forgot why I'd associated that phrase to him. I used that phrase because he used it himself, which also explains why I couldn't define it: I can't read his mind and know what the phrase means to him.
Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:11 am There is no "transgender ideology", it's bullshit people spew to try and justify their hate of trans people. Wanna know what they think it is? They think the "transgender ideology" is to kidnap and fuck their kids.
Fren256 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:26 am Do you believe that "transgender ideology" is real? Please answer with honesty.
Niche videogame forums are not the place I like to go to discuss politics, so I'll neither answer honestly nor dishonestly, especially since it's a loaded question involving a term that means different things to each person.
Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:11 am I'm not replying any further in this thread.
I don't plan on replying any further either. This thread's derailing from a discussion of a ban and admin misconduct into a discussion of a divisive political issue which I have no interest in discussing here.

Having seen what this forum community's like on any subject even tangentially related to politics, I'll pass on arguing against a brick wall so terminally online it thinks Twitter accurately represents average political beliefs, takes value judgements as objective fact, twists my words imposing on them its own definitions, spouts informal fallacies and formal fallacies alike, and where dogpiling is the order of the day.
Stop bringing this political crap to the forums and fuck off already. You didn't need to bring that nonsensical rant in.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #700673

I'll say for the record that its very common to permaban low hour players who just randomly say slurs in ahelps/ooc since its typically evaders/griefers who do this, and the rest aren't always people who we want to keep around, the guy in the appeal is the latter, I don't even know why they wanted to appeal it since this is a "tranny shit" server.
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #700676

TheRex9001 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:15 am I'll say for the record that its very common to permaban low hour players who just randomly say slurs in ahelps/ooc since its typically evaders/griefers who do this, and the rest aren't always people who we want to keep around, the guy in the appeal is the latter, I don't even know why they wanted to appeal it since this is a "tranny shit" server.
Persecution fetish.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #700685

Ekaterina, you're honestly trash defending this shit and then being a coward and going "I'm no longer gonna reply" when everyone rightfully points out that you're just a bigot.
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Post by Maxipat » #700688

I don't plan on replying any further either. This thread's derailing from a discussion of a ban and admin misconduct into a discussion of a divisive political issue which I have no interest in discussing here. .
This is exactly what right-wingers do with trans people, turn basic human right into "divisive political issue"
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #700694

this guy wanted to know if he didn’t want to play here and the admins kindly helped him out by ensuring he didn’t, saving him future anguish

ekaterina is a living tar pit
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #700695

Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:11 am
ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:52 am
Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:28 am Define "Transgender ideology" for me.
It's a right-wing phrase I've seen. Some conservatives assert that they do not hate transgender people themselves but instead hate the ideology. I don't live in his head in order to know whether or not it is the case in this specific instance
You failed the vibe check. There is no "transgender ideology", it's bullshit people spew to try and justify their hate of trans people. Wanna know what they think it is? They think the "transgender ideology" is to kidnap and fuck their kids. That's what they think of trans people.
Out of all the stupid things ekaterina posted in this thread why did you pick the least braindead one to hone in on in the most braindead matter?

"Transgender ideology" means a lot of things to a lot of people and trying to strawman all usages to be the same as the worst usage you've seen is some peak sjw ideology shit.

For instance, to me, transgender ideology is bullying Dave Chappelle's transgender friend into suicide because she was friends with him. It's caring more about some jokes about "chicks with dicks" than Ron DeSantis, than having to clarify that people like him are """actual""" fascists because you wore the word so thin. It's trying to cancel contrapoints, a trans women youtuber because she ate at the same table as shoe0nhead.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #700696

i’m so glad that now ekat is gone (or so he claims) someone else is here to have completely disconnected takes so this thread doesn’t end
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #700697

ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:29 am Clear admin misconduct.
Banning a player for approaching you and asking a question is beyond retarded. Wordlessly banning a cooperative player is malicious. Responding to a player's appeal and complaint with memes (and nothing else) is unprofessional.
I rarely argue for harsh punishments, but this case is just so blatant I'm wondering whether it would call for this bozo to be deadminned immediately following this incident.
luckily the unwritten rule applies to admins and i lol'ed
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #700698

I think TBM may or may not, suddenly, be my favourite admin.

Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #700699

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:17 pm
Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:11 am
ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:52 am
Vekter wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:28 am Define "Transgender ideology" for me.
It's a right-wing phrase I've seen. Some conservatives assert that they do not hate transgender people themselves but instead hate the ideology. I don't live in his head in order to know whether or not it is the case in this specific instance
You failed the vibe check. There is no "transgender ideology", it's bullshit people spew to try and justify their hate of trans people. Wanna know what they think it is? They think the "transgender ideology" is to kidnap and fuck their kids. That's what they think of trans people.
Out of all the stupid things ekaterina posted in this thread why did you pick the least braindead one to hone in on in the most braindead matter?

"Transgender ideology" means a lot of things to a lot of people and trying to strawman all usages to be the same as the worst usage you've seen is some peak sjw ideology shit.

For instance, to me, transgender ideology is bullying Dave Chappelle's transgender friend into suicide because she was friends with him. It's caring more about some jokes about "chicks with dicks" than Ron DeSantis, than having to clarify that people like him are """actual""" fascists because you wore the word so thin. It's trying to cancel contrapoints, a trans women youtuber because she ate at the same table as shoe0nhead.

You're describing cancel culture.

The guy asked if the server was pro "tranny shit" then in the appeal mentioned transgender ideology.

It's more Occam's razor to assume they are using transgender ideology as a replacement for "tranny shit" leading to a deservedly ungenerous interpretation.

Overall the term transgender ideology is a motte and bailey argument. Similar to the older phrase "the gay agenda"
Last edited by Lacran on Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #700700

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:21 pm
Banning a player for approaching you and asking a question is beyond retarded. Wordlessly banning a cooperative player is malicious. Responding to a player's appeal and complaint with memes (and nothing else) is unprofessional.
I rarely argue for harsh punishments, but this case is just so blatant I'm wondering whether it would call for this bozo to be deadminned immediately following this incident.
luckily the unwritten rule applies to admins and i lol'ed
Also, transparency report.

Any such complaint would be levvied directly against me, since I authorised it as a headmin.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #700701

ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:33 am Niche videogame forums are not the place I like to go to discuss politics, so I'll neither answer honestly nor dishonestly, especially since it's a loaded question involving a term that means different things to each person.
Why not? You seemed perfectly fine discussing the inherent value of racial slurs, but now arguing about "trans ideology" is problematic to you?
ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:33 am I don't plan on replying any further either. This thread's derailing from a discussion of a ban and admin misconduct into a discussion of a divisive political issue which I have no interest in discussing here.
But this is all I needed to hear, thank you :)
MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:17 pm "Transgender ideology" means a lot of things to a lot of people and trying to strawman all usages to be the same as the worst usage you've seen is some peak sjw ideology shit.

That's cool and all MSO, but your particular understanding of what it means doesn't really matter, because it all really boils down to one thing: anti-LGBT sentiment. The majority of conservatives think that the LGBT is forcing the youth to become part of the community (which is obviously not true, but that doesn't really matter to them). So in order to "protect the children", in the case of the US, a worrying amount of anti-trans legislation has been passed over the last few years, which further marginalize a group that is already being discriminated against.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #700703

Fren256 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:01 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:17 pm "Transgender ideology" means a lot of things to a lot of people and trying to strawman all usages to be the same as the worst usage you've seen is some peak sjw ideology shit.

That's cool and all MSO, but your particular understanding of what it means doesn't really matter, because it all really boils down to one thing: anti-LGBT sentiment. The majority of conservatives think that the LGBT is forcing the youth to become part of the community (which is obviously not true, but that doesn't really matter to them). So in order to "protect the children", in the case of the US, a worrying amount of anti-trans legislation has been passed over the last few years, which further marginalize a group that is already being discriminated against.
Really? It all just boils down to fuck the gays eh? You don't think that the parents of the swimmers who got stomped out by Lia Thomas have any legitimate concern? Parents finding estrogen being sold to their kids with the instructions to "keep out of reach of parents" or being taught to melt plastic bags to make at home are just upset about LGB? The constant talk about "There's a trans genocide they're coming for us they hate us all" ends up with one depopulating an elementary school but anyone who brings that up must just hate the gays right?
Image Image
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #700704

And we need to ban for these political views because..? Just say that they're an obvious troll and ban them for that.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #700705

Boot wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:28 pm boot moment
computer. post large ascii art of kermit.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #700706

this is an expression of bigotry which breaks rule 11. the word isn't being used in a vacuum, it's being applied to a group of people in a derogatory way. bigots online commonly feign ignorance to couch their bigotry inside otherwise innocuous behaviour. it's part of the decision-making process to decide where the line is drawn in each case. in this case it seems pretty easy.
Rule 11 wrote:Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, disability, orientation or the like is not tolerated.
the way they engaged broke the rules. TBM decided to not respond to their rhetoric. he wasn't aggressive or attacking the player's beliefs on a personal level. he saved himself a headache by turning their poor behaviour into a joke before showing them the door. it was a good way to handle a situation that's often deeply unpleasant to deal with. they would not have wanted to play here anyway because, among other groups, we don't tolerate the expression of bigotry against lgbt+ people. i imagine this is the "getting uppity" that they were referring to.
ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:29 am but this case is just so blatant I'm wondering whether it would call for this bozo to be deadminned immediately following this incident.
this is by far the funniest thing you've ever posted, well done.

now i'm getting the fuck outta this thread because it has all the makings of a 7-pager and i don't have the stomach for the sort of discourse on the horizon.
Last edited by dendydoom on Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #700707

Boot wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:28 pm

Really? It all just boils down to fuck the gays eh? You don't think that the parents of the swimmers who got stomped out by Lia Thomas have any legitimate concern? Parents finding estrogen being sold to their kids with the instructions to "keep out of reach of parents" or being taught to melt plastic bags to make at home are just upset about LGB? The constant talk about "There's a trans genocide they're coming for us they hate us all" ends up with one depopulating an elementary school but anyone who brings that up must just hate the gays right?
Straight people have been doing weird shit to kids and shooting up schools for a while now
Boot

Post by Boot » #700708

Lacran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:38 pm

Straight people have been doing weird shit to kids and shooting up schools for a while now
1. Sure however when people push back against people saying crazy shit typically they don't to hide behind the "they just hate us" shield as effectively.
2. I'm old enough to remember the arguments used against them. It was "no one is going to teach your kids to be gay."
Image Image
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #700710

Boot wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:42 pm

1. Sure however when people push back against people saying crazy shit typically they don't to hide behind the "they just hate us" shield as effectively.
2. I'm old enough to remember the arguments used against them. It was "no one is going to teach your kids to be gay."
Who specifically managed to deflect a school shooting using that argument boot? The people you complain about is a group of people that make up a tiny minority, within another tiny minority.

Are you saying kids are gay because schools teach it now? What's your point here?
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #700712

i need to start doing more "tranny shit"
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #700713

! Message from: Misdoubtful & Riggle
Alriiiight, this thread is getting dangerously heated and people are really scrapping the edge of the expression of bigotry barrel themselves here, practically a stones throw away from it, honestly.

This conversation isn't going to end up going anywhere good, but that doesn't mean we can't continue to point and laugh at the bigot that this appeal is focused on.
Hugs
Boot

Post by Boot » #700714

Lacran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:48 pm

Who specifically managed to deflect a school shooting using that argument boot? The people you complain about is a group of people that make up a tiny minority, within another tiny minority.

Are you saying kids are gay because schools teach it now? What's your point here?
Sorry mom and dad told me I had to stop before I dunked you into next week.
Image Image
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #700715

I can see boot having a 1000 yard stare every time he is exposed to a pride flag and it’s funny to think about
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #700718

Boot wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:21 pm
Lacran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:48 pm

Sorry mom and dad told me I had to stop before I dunked you into next week.
Boot everytime you speak you always end up getting Club Q'd on the head
Last edited by Fren256 on Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700719

I rarely argue for harsh punishments, but this case is just so blatant I'm wondering whether it would call for this bozo to be deadminned immediately following this incident. It definitely warrants an investigation at the very least, which our headmins don't seem to be doing.

If the player does happen to see this by any chance, my advice is to not ask, and instead try the server and see for yourself. Asking this kind of question, especially phrased like this, makes it look like you're trolling.

By the way, this isn't how to make a peanut. Share links, not screenshots!
Appeal: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34747
Complaint 1: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34751
Complaint 2: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34750
Complaint 3: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34749
Here you go ekat.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct

Point to where the misconduct was, please.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #700721

Lacran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:36 pm dubs
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:37 pm dubs
check em
NSFW:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #700722

check em again
NSFW:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #700723

Obviously it's the chemicals in the water turning frogs gay. Do you think the ASCII kermit is just a coincidence? Wake up people.
conrad

Post by conrad » #700724

dendydoom wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:50 pm
check em
dendydoom wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:54 pm check em again
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #700733

dendydoom wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:50 pm
check em
timber has like two different layers of dubs with 700700
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #700734

"STOP having fun in ahelps with obvious shitters..... you CAN'T HAVE FUN AS AN ADMIN..... looks like its TIME TO TURN ON THE SHOCK COLLAR AGAIN...." - how this thread reads

also good choice on ASCII thump but i'm gonna be 100 proof witcha playa i'm still too in love with ASCII butthead to think kermit was the best choice personally, but different strokes for different folks

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠟⠛⠛⠛⠻⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⠋⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠⣄⣀⣤⡀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠄⠄⢠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠄⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠄⢸⣿⣿⣿⣟⣛⠿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⣻⣿⡇⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡗⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⡷⠾⣿⣯⡹⠿⢿⣿⣿⣧⠄⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣮⢻⣿⣿⣿⣬⣤⠹⡿⢣⣶⣼⣿⣿⢡⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢿⣛⡿⠿⠛⠉⠉⠙⠛⢿⡻⢡⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣎⢻⣿⣿⡶⠶⠶⢿⣿⡟⣵⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #700736

Boot wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:21 pm Sorry mom and dad told me I had to stop before I dunked you into next week.
Thanks for not "dunking me into next week" Ben Shapiro style boot. Glad I didn't have to tackle your political acumen that definitely isn't just the shit you scrape off your boot after visiting /pol/.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #700738

I have no proof of this, but I'm pretty sure that this ban is the result of a thread about SS13 made on /tg/ (the board) earlier this week, which likely inspired the banned in question to visit this server and promptly reveal their power level.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #700743

conrad wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:50 pm
I rarely argue for harsh punishments, but this case is just so blatant I'm wondering whether it would call for this bozo to be deadminned immediately following this incident. It definitely warrants an investigation at the very least, which our headmins don't seem to be doing.

If the player does happen to see this by any chance, my advice is to not ask, and instead try the server and see for yourself. Asking this kind of question, especially phrased like this, makes it look like you're trolling.

Here you go ekat.

Ekat has a point.The conduct breaches were both blatant and obvious. It's only because it was an ahelp from someone that was phrased in such a stupid way that clearly showed their credentials as a bigot that any of this was given a pass.

It's poor conduct to troll players like that in ahelps. The conduct-friendly approach would have been to explain to them that our server reject expression of bigotry in general, and transphobia falls under that and that their opening ahelp was expressing bigotry.

It was also poor conduct (excepting that they were spurred on by a headmin to do it, which basically means I'm responsible and not them) to just drop a kermit ASCII art in the appeal and deny it without any additional airs or graces.

The handling of all the complaints had a lot of iffy conduct from the headmins.

So Ekat is technically correct, the best kind of correct. You shouldn't try to gaslight them into thinking this kind of conduct from admins or headmins is anything even remotely acceptable. Because it's not.

Except when it is acceptable. And this is totally one of those cases. The admin team aren't all cold, dry robots. We can have fun and enjoy ourselves. It's not every day we get someone asking us about how supportive we are of "tranny shit". And it's not every day we get to mess around a little in response to what is the most tone-deaf, room illeterate question someone can ask while seeing if we'll give them recommendations to another server hosting our code that is more bigot-friendly.

So although Ekat is technically correct, it falls under an exception where we'd allow the unallowable; conduct breaches. This is not a case of lacking any conduct breaches in the first place.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #700745

our monthly bigot thread quota has been filled

have a good one everyone

..................................................................... __ . __.............................
..................................................................../’`: : `\,---`.„.....................
................................................................../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_ \,----,,,_...........
..................„~*¯¯`”\,.............. _„_.............( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-, ......
................./ : · :(“, ~;*’¯¯¯”\, (_,--``”~,......\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\.....
.................| : · :,/`,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘` ``)/· ,\....,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : :: : : : \...
................| : · / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_,/ ./ : : :,/` · · ): : :: : : : : : : : |...
.................) : µ’` .\ (c) `¯ . . ·`), . ,-~`..... \ : : :| · · '”\, : : : :: : : : : ::/...
.............../` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/....... `\: : :\ · · · · `*-.,: : : : : :,-‘ ....
...............`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_ ,) . ,/`...........`› : `\, · · · · · · ¯”~---,--`......
...„„.........__\, · ‘, · . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ............ /``| ./ · · · · · · · : · : „-“..........
.( :·`\,-~*`¯ · · ·`¯` `~--*--~;/`~*`*--, . `1` ./ : |, . . . .---~*”`...............
. \·:··:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`¯`/ / · · · · · ‘\,) , / : :| · : : · ·/...........................
...`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`.( · · · ,.__| | · · · ·, `\„/ ,/`: : : / · · · ·| ..........................
.........................\`”””` · · ·`’~;-,„,,_)”`_-‘ : : : / · · · · · | ..........................
......... (`*”-,„,-”¯¯”`-;„· · · · · · , /'``,-~”`¯: : :/ · · · · : |............................
.......... | : :(,;-===-„, `\,· · · ,-`| · ·/ : : : | :,/` · · · · · ·| ...........................
......... . \ : :\, · · · · \\ · `\. ·)· / · / : :\ : :`~,_ · · · · · :: | ...........................
............ \\,_`~.,_„,.-*\\, `/,/„/` ,/ : : :`’;-.„_ : ¯-, · · · /,............................
..............`\,,`”| : :`-,„_„))’`"` ·,/`_„,~*’` · · ( · , ,`)·,-; `’\,......................
............. ,.¬-,--\ : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“`.....’-„,-‘.....................
..............| |: :*:\ : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,---~*`.........................................
............./ / : : : `~-„„„„„,.;;`,,.--`............................................................
............| | : : : :|¯ : ,/ ¯ ........................................................................
.............\,\,_,„./---~`..................................................... ........................
................................................................................ ..............................
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #700746

It was fun to see MSO and Boot come out swinging and put the "support the radical left or you're a bigot, no in between" crowd in their places.
How absurd is it to imply that simply acknowledging that an issue is divisive and that the left and right have diametrically opposed positions makes you a bigot?
Fren256 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:01 pm Why not? You seemed perfectly fine discussing the inherent value of racial slurs, but now arguing about "trans ideology" is problematic to you?
It's actually because of my experience with discussions like that that I chose not to continue discussing this.
I know you people are a brick wall to argue with, use emotional reactions instead of rationality, will dogpile exactly like you did, and will argue in bad faith trying to twist my words like you were preparing to do before I walked away and MSO called you and Vekter out on it. You tried to bait me into defending something highly controversial that isn't even my position just because I used the appellant's own words when talking about the appellant's own thoughts.
Given the above, I have no interest in discussing politics with you or the other users of this forum.
conrad wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:50 pm Point to where the misconduct was, please.
Maintain professional conduct both in game and outside of the game. It is expected that you take the position seriously.
I thought it obvious.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:26 pm The conduct breaches were both blatant and obvious (...) excepting that they were spurred on by a headmin to do it, which basically means I'm responsible and not them
It's good to see some someone accepting responsibility for this issue.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:26 pm You shouldn't try to gaslight them into thinking this kind of conduct from admins or headmins is anything even remotely acceptable. Because it's not.
Except when it is acceptable. And this is totally one of those cases.
Timberpoes has investigated himself and cleared himself of any wrongdoing. Outstanding.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #700747

Agux909 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:25 pm I think TBM may or may not, suddenly, be my favourite admin.
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #700748

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:26 pm
conrad wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:50 pm

Here you go ekat.

Ekat has a point.The conduct breaches were both blatant and obvious. It's only because it was an ahelp from someone that was phrased in such a stupid way that clearly showed their credentials as a bigot that any of this was given a pass.

It's poor conduct to troll players like that in ahelps. The conduct-friendly approach would have been to explain to them that our server reject expression of bigotry in general, and transphobia falls under that and that their opening ahelp was expressing bigotry.

It was also poor conduct (excepting that they were spurred on by a headmin to do it, which basically means I'm responsible and not them) to just drop a kermit ASCII art in the appeal and deny it without any additional airs or graces.

The handling of all the complaints had a lot of iffy conduct from the headmins.

So Ekat is technically correct, the best kind of correct. You shouldn't try to gaslight them into thinking this kind of conduct from admins or headmins is anything even remotely acceptable. Because it's not.

Except when it is acceptable. And this is totally one of those cases. The admin team aren't all cold, dry robots. We can have fun and enjoy ourselves. It's not every day we get someone asking us about how supportive we are of "tranny shit". And it's not every day we get to mess around a little in response to what is the most tone-deaf, room illeterate question someone can ask while seeing if we'll give them recommendations to another server hosting our code that is more bigot-friendly.

So although Ekat is technically correct, it falls under an exception where we'd allow the unallowable; conduct breaches. This is not a case of lacking any conduct breaches in the first place.
Another satisfied timperpose voter
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #700749

be trans commit arson
conrad

Post by conrad » #700750

ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:48 pm
conrad wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:50 pm Point to where the misconduct was, please.
Maintain professional conduct both in game and outside of the game. It is expected that you take the position seriously.
I thought it obvious.
Did you not see the contents of the ahelp? We're not customer service droids that unfeelingly stamp tickets from the ivory tower. tbm simply sent a very wholesome "yikes".
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:26 pm snip
I wish I had Timberpoes' olympic ethical gymnastic movement range.
ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:48 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:26 pm You shouldn't try to gaslight them into thinking this kind of conduct from admins or headmins is anything even remotely acceptable. Because it's not.
Except when it is acceptable. And this is totally one of those cases.
Timberpoes has investigated himself and cleared himself of any wrongdoing. Outstanding.
He does that a lot.
Last edited by conrad on Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #700751

Yet more satisfied Timberpoes voters!
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #700754

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:22 pm Yet more satisfied Timberpoes voters!
Unironically yes. You provided transparency as to what went on, took accountability for your part, and quelled concerns about admin misconduct by providing a reasonable answer.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #700757

Let's boil this down:
1. Really? It all just boils down to fuck the gays eh?
Yes, most of the time. It's nothing new. Especially in this polarized political culture. It's not unlike the terminally online left calling everyone a nazi. Demonizing is an often used tactic in politics. Considering they're actively making it illegal for people to get medical care in a bunch of states.
2. You don't think that the parents of the swimmers who got stomped out by Lia Thomas have any legitimate concern?
Not a problem unless you want to start banning any women with more testosterone. I think it's better to drop gender in sport completely and just work on a class based system like weight classes in boxing.
3. Parents finding estrogen being sold to their kids with the instructions to "keep out of reach of parents" or being taught to melt plastic bags to make at home are just upset about LGB?
Just because a few stupid people sell or teach stupid shit that the vast majority doesn't approve doesn't make it representative and doesn't make it an agenda.
4. The constant talk about "There's a trans genocide they're coming for us they hate us all" ends up with one depopulating an elementary school but anyone who brings that up must just hate the gays right?
Again, not representative. There's a lot of shootings committed by right wing people, but I don't feel that's representative of the right wing community as a whole.

Sure there's people pushing to make everything politically to various degrees, but that's a problem thanks to American politics and isn't the fault of 'trans ideology', it's just cancerous terminally online people.

I am also 100% sure that there's bad and shitty trans people just like the rest of population.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #700762

ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:48 pm How absurd is it to imply that simply acknowledging that an issue is divisive and that the left and right have diametrically opposed positions makes you a bigot?
Because it's not a pawlitics uwu issue, it's a human rights issue. Saying "I disagree with the trannies" does turn you into a bigot, especially if it's worded out like that.
ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:48 pm It's actually because of my experience with discussions like that that I chose not to continue discussing this.
I know you people are a brick wall to argue with, use emotional reactions instead of rationality, will dogpile exactly like you did, and will argue in bad faith trying to twist my words like you were preparing to do before I walked away and MSO called you and Vekter out on it. You tried to bait me into defending something highly controversial that isn't even my position just because I used the appellant's own words when talking about the appellant's own thoughts.
This wouldn't be much of an issue if you were more transparent in what you actually support, since you act as the devil's advocate of the server. It's problematic that you rush to defend abhorrent people and get all defensive when we start asking questions about your beliefs.
ekaterina wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:48 pm It was fun to see MSO and Boot come out swinging and put the "support the radical left or you're a bigot, no in between" crowd in their places.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #700765

Why are you people still discussing this.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #700766

This thread aged like milk

⡏⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⣉⣩⣭⣉⣉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⢁⣀⠀⣀⡈⠙⢢⡀⠀⠒⠒⠂⣀⡤⠖⠒⠒⠒⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠏⠀⢰⣿⣿⡿⠛⠃⠀⠀⣹⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⢰⣶⣤⣀⠀⠱⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⣾⠏⠉⠁⠀⢀⡠⠞⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣄⠀⠀⠨⢿⣿⡷⠄⠸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡤⠿⡀⠈⠀⢀⣀⠤⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠹⣷⡆⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⠁⠀⢀⠝⠋⠙⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⡀⠀⠀⡼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀