PatchythePirate
Byond Username: PatchythePirate

[Cheshify] Banned for literally no reason at all

Post by PatchythePirate » #702426

BYOND account: PatchythePirate
Character name: Gary Skipper
Ban type: BanID#67393
Ban length: Permanent
Ban Reason: Rule 11 - As Pun Pun, chose to make several bigoted emotes over to course of the round. In addition, had a previous ticket asking them to be careful with the usage of slurs. You're not here in good faith. Also made several other inappropriate emotes. (EMOTE) tries to suck own penis (EMOTE) still hates blacks (EMOTE) violently hates blacks (EMOTE) trembling from his seething hatred of black "people" (EMOTE) hates blacks with the burning passion of a thousand suns (EMOTE) hates white people (EMOTE) commits 51% of the crims despite being 6% of the population
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-01 03:40:24
Round ID in which ban was placed: 213843
Your side of the story: Look, I heeded the previous ticket's suggestion that I should avoid using slurs that might rile up the crew completely. I wasn't using slurs at all. The wiki clearly states that only directed harassment of someone else is considered bigotry. I was simply roleplaying as a "racist" who got turned into a monkey. I also don't understand what "good faith" means if I do not qualify for it. This is a bit absurd, I've played on /tg/station for years and never been hassled so much from admins.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm fine with being banned from Manuel if I can still play on the other servers. Basil and Sybil are a lot less authoritarian about minor things like this.
Last edited by PatchythePirate on Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: Banned for literally no reason at all

Post by Cheshify » #702427

Some context before I get on to handling this properly:
8. Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.
11. Bigotry is not allowed.
Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, disability, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject the expression of bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.

This means rather than warning or banning for quoting a usage such as "Griff McNazi got banned for calling somebody a faggot" or even things like "nigga pls" and "what are you faggots playing" which are generally not statements made to be bigoted, we'll focus more on statements like "you talk like a [insert stereotype]" or "x is a [insert slur]".
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Re: Banned for literally no reason at all

Post by Cheshify » #702428

Your relevant emote logs for the round:
► Show Spoiler
This breaks the rules, obviously, and I have no patience for someone who's going to be spouting this bigoted bullshit in the server. I don't believe that you're "roleplaying", moreso trying to be epic and funny because you said a racist stereotype, I don't want you playing on these servers. Denied.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
PatchythePirate
Byond Username: PatchythePirate

Re: [Cheshify] Banned for literally no reason at all

Post by PatchythePirate » #702430

I got murderboned for saying something akin to "nigga pls" and decided to lean into the hypocrisy. I was 100% acting in character. I think YOU are the one being a bigot to autistic persons like me. You were the only one who had a problem with what I was doing as Pun Pun and are using your admin privileges just to ban people you personally don't like.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702454

You were banned because you failed to follow some pretty basic rules.
8. Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
  • You chose to emote an attempt to suck your own dick
11. Bigotry is not allowed.
  • You chose to "roleplay" as a bigot, and I do not need to specify what you said since there was so much.
3. Do not say in character (IC) things in the out of character (OOC) chat channel.
  • You chose to use emotes to bypass the language system.
////

There's nothing to debate here, there's no exception or clause that approves what you did, there's absolutely nothing you can say that counters your own words "hates blacks with the burning passion of a thousand suns". Autism is not an excuse, we are literally playing on ss13 with hundreds of neurodivergent people online at all times without any of these issues.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #702455

Being autistic is not in any way shape or form an excuse for acting like this, things like it or disabilities do not become blanket excuses for things, it doesn't matter what 'character' you think you are playing. You will not behave this way on the servers, nor will anyone else. Period.
Hugs