User rejects one week UTO, argues with HR instead

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

User rejects one week UTO, argues with HR instead

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703657

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: User rejects one week UTO, argues with HR instead

Post by Kendrickorium » #703664

please for the love of god tell me the name of the discord was NOT ACTUALLY /TG/ FELINID METAGANG

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THIS IS NOT THE CASE
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703665

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:20 am please for the love of god tell me the name of the discord was NOT ACTUALLY /TG/ FELINID METAGANG

zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #703667

Now do the lizard metagang
SapphoQueer
Byond Username: SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #703668

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:20 am please for the love of god tell me the name of the discord was NOT ACTUALLY /TG/ FELINID METAGANG

Good news. It was a group dm called the felinid MEATGANG. Not a metagang. Big Difference.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703669

SapphoQueer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:20 am

Good news. It was a group dm called the felinid MEATGANG. Not a metagang. Big Difference.
thanks

thats almost worse
SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #703670

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:27 am

thanks

thats almost worse
Definitely worse.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #703671

ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703673

zergking wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:18 am Now do the lizard metagang
The lizard metagang, the sillycon metagang, the moff metagang, all shall be destroyed. HUMANS WILL PREVAIL!

Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #703674

Did he really get banned just for EXISTING near people who were breaking the rules? I'm baffled.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703675

ekaterina wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:48 am Did he really get banned just for EXISTING near people who were breaking the rules? I'm baffled.
HE WAS IN A FUCKING DISCORD THAT LITERALLY WAS NAMED FELINID METAGANG EKAT
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703676

ekaterina wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:48 am Did he really get banned just for EXISTING near people who were breaking the rules? I'm baffled.
If this was a permaban, I too would be questioning it. But a week ban seems appropriate, metacomms are an extremely serious rule to skirt around. I defended 13thSky only because of the context provided, the player's account age at the time it took place and even then, I was hoping only for a reduction from a perma, not a complete reversal of the ban, which was eventually the outcome. You also have to remember that apparently there were many more people in that server, none of whom received bans due to the fact that they legitimately did not know/see any metacomms nor did they participate in such.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703678

A week ban is really minor (compared to what some others got) and the note is super specific. Admins will probably keep an eye on them for a bit after their ban expires, but as long as they don't literally metacomm again they'll be fine.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703688

zergking wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:18 am Now do the lizard metagang
no please dont its too soo dont pleeeeease
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703690

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:56 am
If this was a permaban, I too would be questioning it. But a week ban seems appropriate, metacomms are an extremely serious rule to skirt around. I defended 13thSky only because of the context provided, the player's account age at the time it took place and even then, I was hoping only for a reduction from a perma, not a complete reversal of the ban, which was eventually the outcome. You also have to remember that apparently there were many more people in that server, none of whom received bans due to the fact that they legitimately did not know/see any metacomms nor did they participate in such.
Double posting for clarity: yes, this is entirely correct. Not everyone in that group was permabanned. Heck, not everyone in the group was banned. As far as we know, the investigation was granular and bans/notes were placed based on the degree in which Rule 2 was broken.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #703699

conrad wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:01 pm Double posting for clarity: yes, this is entirely correct. Not everyone in that group was permabanned. Heck, not everyone in the group was banned. As far as we know, the investigation was granular and bans/notes were placed based on the degree in which Rule 2 was broken.
Yeah, I only got a note, not even a weekban, because I was part of the general friendgroup but only after any incidents took place. I'll even share it because I can.

Part of an external Discord with friends where there were multiple instances of metacomms. Did not appear to be involved, however the player should be cautious about participating in communities that break the rules. Generally shouldn't be worried about.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #703720

lol. tatebriar screeched on several occasions that the felind metagang wasnt real and we all just wanted an enemy
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #703914

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:50 am
HE WAS IN A FUCKING DISCORD THAT LITERALLY WAS NAMED FELINID METAGANG EKAT
The name doesn't mean jack diddly shit- I mean fuck, we had a major US intel breach from a server named THUG SHAKER CENTRAL.
I'd wager that it was made as a side server for various players to be able to actually go "[shitter of the week] is such a shithead holy fuck" without getting their nuts slapped on the Manuelcord for "callouts", and either as it was being made or after it was made, someone went "oh god we have a lot of felinid statics in here" and named/renamed it because funny.

The failure to keep it from unironically living up to the name is the issue, sadly.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #703917

so after talking with one of the people in the cat-cord. the group DM was named the felind meta-gang and later evolved into the cat-discord after they ran out of group DM slots for people
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #703958

EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:19 pm so after talking with one of the people in the cat-cord. the group DM was named the felind meta-gang and later evolved into the cat-discord after they ran out of group DM slots for people
Many such cases (See: manuelcord)